Main tile image is a copy of the Bosmang trophy

CB7Tuner91

First the missing trophy set icon for the PS5 version of LEGO 2K Drive, now the low quality lazy trophy set icons for the PS5 versions of Atlas Fallen and The Expanse: A Telltale Series.

I think that Sony should tighten up the requirements for trophy sets on PS5 so that they at least must have their own icons, this is nonsense!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VeldinX said:

Yeah, I noticed that too. Since PS5 changed the trophy list format, it seems like there’s less order now more than ever. There have even been a few PS5 lists that don’t even have a cover image at all!

Yea the not having the image at all is completely ridiculous. The format change definitely brought out alot more negative. There's so many aesthetic changes to the trophy system since the PS3 that I just don't like anymore.

32 minutes ago, Asim_25 said:

First the missing trophy set icon for the PS5 version of LEGO 2K Drive, now the low quality lazy trophy set icons for the PS5 versions of Atlas Fallen and The Expanse: A Telltale Series.

I think that Sony should tighten up the requirements for trophy sets on PS5 so that they at least must have their own icons, this is nonsense!

Yea the Lego 2k Drive thing is nuts. I wouldn't even play the PS5 version because of it. Atleast the PS4 version has an image. Everything with trophy images used to be alot cleaner during the PS3 era. I think this is is a case of Sony getting to big and now software is flooding in and they can't regulate it properly. Look at the 3 min shovelware platinum games thats flooded the PSN store. Sony threaten to block them and those are still releasing weekly in droves.

11 minutes ago, Asim_25 said:

What about The Expanse: A Telltale Series and Atlas Fallen, I don't understand at all why the developers and/or publishers feel the need to use these low-quality images as trophy set icons when they already have 1:1 art of the game ready.

By making trophy set icons square (1:1) on the PS5, Sony has made things easier for developers and publishers. Now they can just use the game's square art from the PS Store page. It's prettier and less work. However, some do not look for easy ways…Picsart-23-07-25-19-37-56-366.jpg

Thank you!! This is what I'm talking about!! Look how much better those 1:1 tiles with the cover art looks. It truly makes no since why they go out of there way to just half ass these when you're are clearly proving the work is already done. This is where I take my hat off to MS. Because they've already mandated this with there achievement system, and it looks sooo clean. I also reached out to Deck13 yesterday about how bad Atlas Fallen looks. Hopefully they care enough to change it.  ?

Edited by CB7Tuner91
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Thank you!! This is what I'm talking about!! Look how much better those 1:1 tiles with the cover art looks. It truly makes no since why they go out of there way to just half ass these when you're are clearly proving the work is already done. This is where I take my hat off to MS. Because they've already mandated this with there achievement system, and it looks sooo clean. I also reached out to Deck13 yesterday about how bad Atlas Fallen looks. Hopefully they care enough to change it.  ?

I also hope that Deck13 Interactive is going to fix the Atlas Fallen trophy set icon. Today I will write to Telltale Games about this embarrassment, I hope that they will not be too lazy to fix it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Yea the not having the image at all is completely ridiculous. The format change definitely brought out alot more negative. There's so many aesthetic changes to the trophy system since the PS3 that I just don't like anymore.

Agreed. The images are so small on the PS5 as well and it doesn’t have a list details thing anymore. Granted, it didn’t give much info and was under utilised but I think it should have been added to not removed.

They did add the trophy stats window though! The one that pops up and tells you an exact carbon copy of the stats already at the top of the screen! Amazing! ?‍♂️

6 hours ago, Asim_25 said:

I also hope that Deck13 Interactive is going to fix the Atlas Fallen trophy set icon. Today I will write to Telltale Games about this embarrassment, I hope that they will not be too lazy to fix it. 

I'll reach out to TellTale as well. The more they are hounded the more likely they will fix these. 

6 hours ago, VeldinX said:

Agreed. The images are so small on the PS5 as well and it doesn’t have a list details thing anymore. Granted, it didn’t give much info and was under utilised but I think it should have been added to not removed.

They did add the trophy stats window though! The one that pops up and tells you an exact carbon copy of the stats already at the top of the screen! Amazing! ?‍♂️

Dude its like you plucked this straight from my head. The moment I saw how small the main tiles were when PS5 released I was irritated. On top of that theirs that ugly square outline around PS3/PS4 games because they are rectangle and not square. The whole main trophy UI on PS5 looks bad imo. I always go back to the layout on PS3. The main tiles were big and detailed and the game you were on the tile would pop out towards the screen. It looked fantastic, and it's gone down in quanlity every generation since imo. 

Edited by CB7Tuner91
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

It look fantastic, and it's gone down in quanlity every generation since imo. 

Exactly! PS3 may be dated now but at the time it was so sleek and cutting edge. The sounds as well! Which reminds me of another thing I hate on PS5… the new trophy sound (and icons). Ugh. 

I was thinking about this the other day, that PS5 feels the least “PlayStation-y” console they’ve released. Can’t quite put my finger on why but there’s just something missing. 

1 hour ago, Asim_25 said:

Funfact: The PS4 version of The Expanse: A Telltale Series has a normal trophy set icon (cropped version of the icon of the game itself on the PlayStation), while the PS5 version has this nightmare… 

There is just something about PS5 lists that makes devs go into amateur hour! This situation, where they make a bespoke icon for PS4 but just slap any old rubbish on for PS5, happens far too often to be accidental. Got to be a sinister force at play! ?

2 hours ago, Mr_Tenno777 said:

I for all do not care for the trophy tiles. There are some that do look like crap, but I all I care for is the trophies and the actual game, and not to gripe about the tile. 

Just so you know to “not care for” something means you don’t like it rather than you don’t care about it. So you’re actually saying you do care about the trophy tiles because you don’t like them, which, from your last sentence, isn’t what I think you meant?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

Just so you know to “not care for” something means you don’t like it rather than you don’t care about it. So you’re actually saying you do care about the trophy tiles because you don’t like them, which, from your last sentence, isn’t what I think you meant?

He meant he doesnt care about the tiles at all and only cares about the actual game and actual trophies.

Edited by Camokidd87

3 hours ago, VeldinX said:

Exactly! PS3 may be dated now but at the time it was so sleek and cutting edge. The sounds as well! Which reminds me of another thing I hate on PS5… the new trophy sound (and icons). Ugh. 

I was thinking about this the other day, that PS5 feels the least “PlayStation-y” console they’ve released. Can’t quite put my finger on why but there’s just something missing. 

Yessss everything about the PS3s trophy interface now seems ahead of its time. I really wish they would rebuild the PS5s to look more like the PS3s. Ive been randomly bugging Sony for months on Twitter about redesigning the trophy UI on PS5. Haven't got a response back, but they have social media managers that track and keep up what people are asking for. I'm going to continue and hopefully one day they change it in an update. 

2 hours ago, Asim_25 said:

Funfact: The PS4 version of The Expanse: A Telltale Series has a normal trophy set icon (cropped version of the icon of the game itself on the PlayStation), while the PS5 version has this nightmare… Screenshot-20230726-001541-Clone-App.jpg

Yea this is exactly what I'm talking about. I'll download the PS4 version of this game if I ever play it just to not have to look at that lazy effort PS5 tile on my account. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

The trophy tiles isn't my worries. When I mean mean when I care for the trophies, I mean by on earning them. 

Aww man, that is so lazy. Surely they could have spend minutes touching up the pictures and making them better, more unique than just a copy and paste?

That Atlas Fallen one, looks like the lady is being photo bombed by a banana... ?

Glad this mindset is catching on. Sony changing the size of the trophy list icons always irked me. There's no reason. And it's why I've done all the ps classic releases on the PS4 versions. Looks like I'm going to do it with the Expanse as well. 

Can they retroactively change the icon/dimensions?

2 hours ago, illninoese said:

Glad this mindset is catching on. Sony changing the size of the trophy list icons always irked me. There's no reason. And it's why I've done all the ps classic releases on the PS4 versions. Looks like I'm going to do it with the Expanse as well. 

Can they retroactively change the icon/dimensions?

I don't mind the tile change, but just how small they are on PS5. You can't even see the artwork because they are so far away. 

I feel you on the playing the PS4 versions of games.  I have chosen to play the PS4 versions of games because I preferred its trophy tile over the PS5 version. The Expanse is a great example. If I ever play that it'll be the PS4s version just because I hate the PS5s lazy main tile. 

Yes they can update and change the tiles, but it takes people bugging them to do it. Ive reached out to Deck13 and Telltale already about how bad this looks and Atlas Fallen and that they need to change them. 

Edited by CB7Tuner91

I received a response from Telltale on my request regarding the terrible trophy set icon for the PS5 version of The Expanse: A Telltale Series. 

Nothing specific about the fix is mentioned here, however, according to the support team, they have already reported this problem to the development team.

At least they are aware of this problem. And we just have to wait for a fix. I hope this will be fixed with one of the next episodes release.Screenshot-20230729-213916-Mail.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Asim_25 said:

I received a response from Telltale on my request regarding the terrible trophy set icon for the PS5 version of The Expanse: A Telltale Series. 

Nothing specific about the fix is mentioned here, however, according to the support team, they have already reported this problem to the development team.

At least they are aware of this problem. And we just have to wait for a fix. I hope this will be fixed with one of the next episodes release.Screenshot-20230729-213916-Mail.jpg

Hey nice job! Where did you reach out to them at? I'll do the same. Id like to get a response from Deck13 as well about Atlas Fallen. 

Hey nice job! Where did you reach out to them at? I'll do the same. Id like to get a response from Deck13 as well about Atlas Fallen. 

On this site you can submit a Telltale Player Support ticket. There you can write about the problem with the trophy set icon of the PS5 version of The Expanse: A Telltale Series. The more tickets, the greater the chance of a fix.

As for Atlas Fallen, I would advise you to contact not only Deck13 Interactive, but the publisher Focus Entertainment directly on this site. As far as I know, the trophy set icons in the PlayStation Network database can be changed by the publisher. It would be nice to notify them directly, rather than having the developers contact the publisher first and then fix the problem later.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Asim_25 said:

On this site you can submit a Telltale Player Support ticket. There you can write about the problem with the trophy set icon of the PS5 version of The Expanse: A Telltale Series. The more tickets, the greater the chance of a fix.

As for Atlas Fallen, I would advise you to contact not only Deck13 Interactive, but the publisher Focus Entertainment directly on this site. As far as I know, the trophy set icons in the PlayStation Network database can be changed by the publisher. It would be nice to notify them directly, rather than having the developers contact the publisher first and then fix the problem later.

Awesome, I just sent a request to both. Thanks for the links. Like you said the more they get the more they'll be motivated to change them. 

Btw do you happen to know of a link for request like this for Sony? I've got some ideas I've wanted to request from them to change with the main trophy UI on PS5, but I never seem to have any luck with them on Twitter. 

• Like 2

Btw do you happen to know of a link for request like this for Sony? I've got some ideas I've wanted to request from them to change with the main trophy UI on PS5, but I never seem to have any luck with them on Twitter. 

It's true that PlayStation Support is no longer responding to requests on Twitter. I have a link to PlayStation Support too. 

There is a Live Chat feature with a support agent. But in order to be able to use this feature, you will need to select the "PS Store & Refunds" or "Tiered Services" topic. It also requires your PlayStation Network account to be in the United States region. 

I will say in advance that PlayStation Support is not as responsive as many other publishers in my experience. In addition, the list of topics for requests is very limited. So you have to choose a random topic with the possibility of a live chat and explain your request directly to the agent. But it's worth a try, and live chat is much more convenient than waiting days for an email response.

10 minutes ago, Asim_25 said:

It's true that PlayStation Support is no longer responding to requests on Twitter. I have a link to PlayStation Support too. 

There is a Live Chat feature with a support agent. But in order to be able to use this feature, you will need to select the "PS Store & Refunds" or "Tiered Services" topic. It also requires your PlayStation Network account to be in the United States region. 

I will say in advance that PlayStation Support is not as responsive as many other publishers in my experience. In addition, the list of topics for requests is very limited. So you have to choose a random topic with the possibility of a live chat and explain your request directly to the agent. But it's worth a try, and live chat is much more convenient than waiting days for an email response.

Yea I found there chat support and the agent said they would forward my request about the PS5 trophy UI to the correct department, but who knows if they'll actually do it. I do wonder if they even monitor tweets they receive or do they just ignore them all together.

Like you said its worth a shot and if I don't see any changes in the future I'll reach back out to them again. 

Yea I found there chat support and the agent said they would forward my request about the PS5 trophy UI to the correct department, but who knows if they'll actually do it.

I hope that your request will really not go unnoticed, and we will all receive qualitative changes. I also hope they forward your request to the correct department, not like Epic Games has been forwarding requests to Mediatonic to fix trophies in Fall Guys on PlayStation throughout the year…

I do wonder if they even monitor tweets they receive or do they just ignore them all together.

As of August 1st, 2022, PlayStation Support is no longer available on Twitter. So I think they don't really read any comments, only requests on the site.

Edited by Asim_25
Added dissatisfaction that Epic Games and Mediatonic have not fixed trophies in Fall Guys on PlayStation for a year