Information for you about the "Pedal to the Metal" Trophy

KatzenSebi

You don't have to drive 1000km in a single bus for this trophy. All buses count. The only thing that matters is that you are always on a route. If you don't have an active route, the 1000km don't count. You can also read how much you have already driven. To do this, press the touchpad, and then L1. There you can see the driven KM on the right side. And it doesn't matter if you drive in Seaside Valley or Angel Shores. Both count. Because I've read a lot of wrong information that it has to be with a single bus. I got my platinum yesterday. So this info is fresh and correct xD Have fun to you :)

Edited by KatzenSebi
  • Like 4

Thanks for the info!

Do you know if there's any good way to boost it? I'm almost done with my first map and I'm VERY far from 1000km. ?

EDIT: Also, "always on a route" means that I need to drive 1000km while on a route no matter what the counter says (I just tested and it goes up while on free roam), or that I can drive, let's say, 1500km in free roam, but the trophy only pops after I drive as little as 1km in a route?

Edited by Shipyroni

I boosted it at night when I was sleeping.

I have a Logitech G29 and I turned the steering wheel to the maximum and clamped the gas pedal. Then set the cruise control on with the circle button so that the bus drives at a constant ~20km/h. And all this in front of a bus depot. There is enough space there. But it should also work if you fix the controller with a rubber band. xD

Otherwise, I can still recommend driving up and down the freeway all the time. With this you can cover approx. 111 km in one hour. Sometimes it didn't count for me without an active route. That's why I wrote it to prefer to always have a route active.

Edited by KatzenSebi
  • Like 1

On 31.7.2023 at 1:45 PM, KatzenSebi said:

I boosted it at night when I was sleeping.

I have a Logitech G29 and I turned the steering wheel to the maximum and clamped the gas pedal. Then set the cruise control on with the circle button so that the bus drives at a constant ~20km/h. And all this in front of a bus depot. There is enough space there. But it should also work if you fix the controller with a rubber band. xD

Otherwise, I can still recommend driving up and down the freeway all the time. With this you can cover approx. 111 km in one hour. Sometimes it didn't count for me without an active route. That's why I wrote it to prefer to always have a route active.

I achieved this Trophy without an active Route.
The Story was finished a lot earlier, than this 1000km, so i had to drive the Highway Up and Down for while on different Gaming Sessions.
Started the Game and just drove the Highway, without any Route.

So maybe it´s better to activate to be safe, but my experience is, that it´s not necessary :)

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, juma-alman9oori said:

Is there any glitch to speed up the counter... I'm 600km away from the trophy and already finished every trophy.

How i said. You can afk farm with a rubberband around your Controller to drive in a circle. 

Or you turn on your favorite music playlist and drive on the Highway up and down.

There is no known glitch. 

• 8 months later...

I'm struggling to find anywhere with enough space to rubber band in a circle. I have tried in the bus sales yard but after 15/20mins the bus has slowly shifted and hit a wall. 

Any recommendations of where to do this, as i ideally want to set it away and leave it for a few hours at a time. Still have 600km to do and nothing else :S