Are the collectibles tracked?

7 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyyy said:

Would love to do a semi blind playthrough without a collectibles guide first.. I know that collectibles carry over to NG+ or whatever but can I see what I'm missing? Or would I need to revisit every collectibles anyway to make sure I got them (like the pigeons in GTA IV)

I believe the pages are tracked so you can see what your missing but I don't remember if the coffee thermoses are differentially tracked (tell them apart)

Edited by Taliesin_2943

8 minutes ago, Oberlin1694 said:

Everything is tracked between playthroughs, kind of have to be as you can’t find all manuscript pages on your first playthrough.

The game has an in-game statistics menu that tracks all collectibles too 

But the question was if they was tracked so they wouldn't have to go to every single place trying to find what they missed 

11 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyyy said:

Thank you all! I guess I'll watch a guide for my first playthrough :(

There’s a really good All Collectibles guide on XboxAchievements.

It colour codes all of the collectibles and is quite in-depth on where they are, I’d advise using that over a video guide. It also lists the location of all miscellaneous trophies and contains similar guides for both DLC chapters.

It also separates the Nightmare Manuscripts in a section dedicated purely to them which I found quite helpful, there’s only 15 to find across the Nightmare playthrough. 

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/topic/205346-alan-wake-color-coded-collectibles-guide/

Its what I used to get my 100% 

Edited by Oberlin1694