Looking for advice or help in regards to Blitz

BlutistaBytes

I'm still relatively new to Ufc 4 but was really hoping I could gain the two online trophies one way or another, via luck or (somehow but highly unlikely) some non trash skill on my end I was able to push forward until I made it to round 6 in blitz battles, I was insanely hopeful I could end it and move on but instead I was greeted by and then squashed by a lvl 99, so now I'm feeling the lowest I've been since starting the game (had highs and lows before but I typically never made it past 2 wins in a row) and was hoping I could get some tips and tricks that can help me stand more of a chance and make it out with a win.

I'm open to most things at this time, I was being rather scummy and trying to do the "minute to win it" with takedowns and ground pounds but that was always countered, I tried to learn combos but was always being out punched and kicked by at least 20-30 hits it felt like.

Any help would be appreciated and sorry about all the doom and gloom I was spouting in this post, I just feel lost is all.

I'm not saying I've given up tho, after I cheer myself up I'll probably try to push back into the blitz mode, I'm more so looking for advice at the very least with the slump I'm in ty

Oi mate, I get your frustration with this multiplayer. It's so filled with lifers (i.e. people who live in the game) now. I am not a good player myself, it was my first fighting game to be played seriously ever, so I probably won't give some great advices. But hey, maybe tips from an inexperienced player who somehow managed to get this shit done would be more useful to you. 

There's just one big general advice... and yeah, it's obvious and not pleasant – play and keep playing more. The more you play, the better you become. Some people learn faster, some people learn slower, but spending time there is the only way to improve. Only with experience you get the hang of all the small things like distance management, striking way and speed, opponents' ways of playing etc. You must feel the game. 

But yeah, ofc there are things you can learn outside of playing and start utilizing them asap. Will try to list some basics I have learnt. 

1. Stamina management. Super important aspect. Being low on stamina doesn't just make you slower, it does all sort of bad things to you. Your strikes do a lot less damage (and sometimes your strikes might look good and strong but they will still inflict low damage if your current stamina is like 50% and less) when being gassed. You receive a lot more damage when being gassed. So spend your stamina carefully. Being low on momentary stamina at a wrong time will make you vulnerable. Being low on permanent stamina (your max bar) will make you less able across rounds (so this aspect isn't so important in Blitz's 1-2 minute modes but it's very important in traditional matches). So, to prevent that, you throw your strikes smart. Don't spam strikes in the air, as landing a strike consumes less stamina than punching nothing. Don't spam heavy moves, like leg kicks and overhands, or it will drain you very quickly too. 

2. Striking. I know you instinctively always want to push forward when attacking, but that's a bad habit. The most damage you do when you let go your left stick. So use [movement forward] + [striking] only when you need to reach higher distance. Also don't be afraid to use light strikes, jabs and straights, as your main weapon. They are not as weak as they look, they deal a lot of damage over time. Landing a heavy strike is great, but you must know when to do it and not just spam some overhands. Grind your opponents with light punches more safely, strike hard from time to time when you fell it's the moment. 

3. Head movement with countering. RS ⬆️ or ⬇️ dodges straights but won't save you from hooks. RS ➡️ or ⬅️ towards your opponent will make you duck and counter straights and hooks but will put you in big danger agains uppercuts. This can help you greatly if you use it properly, but swinging into an upcoming strike's direction will punish you very badly. So that's more of a high risk/high reward kind of thing. And, I would dare to say, this tecnique is not essential for winning the majority of the fights. 

4. Grappling. Well... shit. Idk what to say. If you learn it, it will be a great help to you and you will get your trophies pretty quickly, as many if not most of the players didn't bother to learn how to grapple. But I couldn't make myself to learn this stuff, I just don't like it. Also I think it would took me ages to learn all those transition animations, screw it. Btw, on my winning Blitz run I won a lot of games by submission... I don't even know how. Got lucky to initiate submissions (after being taken down exclusively by my opponents, lmao), and my opponents barely lost the submission mini-games (they all started the mini-games with a good pace which would lead them to escape, but my bar was chasing them close, so after 70% they started to get nervous and jerking their escape bars very bad – psychology, baby).

0. Luck. It's also a lot about your luck in matchmaking. Sometimes you get easier opponents in R4-R5 than in R1-R2. Sometimes you get an undisputingly more skilled opponent, but you wreck them, somehow. It just happens that your play style, your pace, your timings accidentally land so perfectly onto your more skilled opponent and they get destroyed (and yeah, it works both ways so you will get your ass kicked by obvious novices who just somehow manage to land those random leg head kicks and shit). So keep pushing, keep replaying Blitz, while improving yourself, until you get your hand right. 

Edited by SlowQuorex
  • Like 3

Keep an eye out for stipulations such as "Minute to Win", which can make your life a lot easier, and select a high-tier wrestler depending on your weight class. This will sound cheesy but try your best to distance yourself from your opponent and shoot for takedowns when you see the chance. Also, apply submissions and try to make your opponent either tap out, or stall the match with your grappling, keep the ground control, and don't get hit/damaged. For :gold: There Can Be Only One I've got my golden run by using Henry Cejudo, and for :gold: Undisputed I've used Daniel Cormier.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 8/8/2023 at 8:21 PM, SlowQuorex said:

4. Grappling. Well... shit. Idk what to say. If you learn it, it will be a great help to you and you will get your trophies pretty quickly, as many if not most of the players didn't bother to learn how to grapple. But I couldn't make myself to learn this stuff, I just don't like it. Also I think it would took me ages to learn all those transition animations, screw it. Btw, on my winning Blitz run I won a lot of games by submission... I don't even know how. Got lucky to initiate submissions (after being taken down exclusively by my opponents, lmao), and my opponents barely lost the submission mini-games (they all started the mini-games with a good pace which would lead them to escape, but my bar was chasing them close, so after 70% they started to get nervous and jerking their escape bars very bad – psychology, baby).

Yep, that's how i got it.

Submissions baby. I'm pretty sure I submitted max level guy in my victory run (or not then but I submitted many high level guys over many tries for sure).

Some people had 100h+ in this game and couldn't defend from submitions.

Sometimes they straight up quit when i landed submission minigame

• Like 1