Path of the Chimera - Unobtainable?

Mthdraken

With the recent patch on August 15th, part of the game was changed.

Prior to this patch it was possible to reach a certain level of xp on a weekly basis to level up the Chimera.

This has now been removed and replaced by daily challenges.

This might leave the trophy "Path of the" Chimera unobtainable as the requirements "Reach the Chimera's maximum weekly tribute level." can logically no longer be met.

I already had the trophy at the time of the patch so I can not confirm, but I leave this here as a warning.

Patch notes

• Like 1

I started the PS4 version since I have pretty much everything done or set up to be done for the PS5 version, and can at least confirm that completing all the Daily Challenges does not pop the trophy. So I'd day it's safe to assume the trophy is completely unable to be achieved.

I haven't tried leveling up the Chimera 7 times in a week (which was how you got max tribute) but I could try. Just sucks cause I'm already at level 20 something with it so it takes 5 advisor processings for 1 level. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just started this game on PS5 this week.  So far, I've levelled the Chimera up to level 9 pretty quickly just processing advisors, but no trophy pop for Path of the Chimera.  I'll keep levelling for the rest of the week to see what I end up at, as well as open a bug ticket to see if there's a way they already have open to get this trophy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Game is really fun, barring a few bases I've run into that really irritated me.  A bit of grinding, but honestly, I just hop in for about an hour or so a day to knock out the daily challenges, refresh any bases I've built (even crappy ones with bare minimum defenses give pretty good points).  I still need to do the coop trophies, but after that its just waiting on this trophy to get fixed.

• 5 weeks later...

I got a mention on their Discord for a new update, they're adding a new mode, the Steam page also talks about replacing "The Path of the Chimera" entirely. The new one will be called Social Raider and is unlocked by getting a GenMat and escaping a Social Raid.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1194810/view/3730728845615402080

BUG FIXES

ACHIEVEMENTS/TROPHIES:

• The Path of the Chimera achievement has been replaced, as the feature it was based on has been removed. The new achievement, Social Raider, can be unlocked by grabbing the GenMat and escaping in a Social Raid. This new achievement will be automatically unlocked for users who unlocked Path of the Chimera in the past.

• Like 1