Fast tips for your platinum

Unji_15

A huge Thank You for this. I have a few questions.

1. If they patch the game, can you deny the update, therefore keeping the current version plus the cheats?

2. Just to confirm - nothing is missable? Anything can be mopped up post-game? Village select.

3. Cheats will work in all of the carnival games?

The cheats are there to use. If anybody doesn't want to use them, that's fine. But if anybody wants to use them, then that's fine too.

I'm using the cheats, and I'm still enjoying this game.

Thanks again...

Edited by TheDarkKratos

12 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Would be nice to have tips for those of us that don't cheat too

In my first playtrough without cheats I've completed Arrow o' Fate, Whack-a-Zarok, Weapon Master and Pit o' Death;

They're easy to master and to achieve, weapon master is a bit tricky when you need to use ranged weapons due to the wheat monsters, pay attention to not waste your ammos, use the spear with X to use the melee instead of the ranged attack. In the first one with Dan's Arm you can throw it when zombies are in row, the arm will hit them twice.

Pit o' Death is pretty much simple if you have unlocked the magic sword, it managed to OHKO much of the mobs.

TBH is a time wasting don't want use cheat for those challenges, but i can understand why ppl don't want use them, other tips remain the same with or without cheats, the rewind option make all the challenge a walk in the park anyway..

9 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

A huge thank you for this. I have a few questions.

1. If they eventually patch the game, can you just deny the update, therefore keeping the current version plus the cheats?

2. Just to confirm - nothing is missable? Anything can be mopped up post-game? Village select

3. Cheats will work in the carnival games?

Thanks

1. You can pause the download I guess, this is my first PSP Classic game so I don't know but when it gets a new patch I'll test it again for check if cheats still work;

2. Yep, nothing missable and you can repeat all the levels again, also you can make quick save with triangle or use rewind with option if something went wrong;

3. Yep, as I write above.

Edited by Unji-Most_380
typos
  • Like 2

Thanks again.

One thing I did notice is that if you do use the cheats, they save using the save-state function.

You don't have to re-enter the code every time you start the game, or after you've shut down your console.

😎

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

The cheats are there to use. If anybody doesn't want to use them, that's fine. But if anybody wants to use them, then that's fine too.

Very true but they should disable trophies when used. I miss the days of cheats in games. It was a way of getting more out of the games. I remember flying the tank in gta3 for example lol

8 hours ago, Unji-Most_380 said:

In my first playtrough without cheats I've completed Arrow o' Fate, Whack-a-Zarok, Weapon Master and Pit o' Death;

They're easy to master and to achieve, weapon master is a bit tricky when you need to use ranged weapons due to the wheat monsters, pay attention to not waste your ammos, use the spear with X to use the melee instead of the ranged attack. In the first one with Dan's Arm you can throw it when zombies are in row, the arm will hit them twice.

Pit o' Death is pretty much simple if you have unlocked the magic sword, it managed to OHKO much of the mobs.

TBH is a time wasting don't want use cheat for those challenges, but i can understand why ppl don't want use them, other tips remain the same with or without cheats, the rewind option make all the challenge a walk in the park anyway..

1. You can pause the download I guess, this is my first PSP Classic game so I don't know but when it gets a new patch I'll test it again for check if cheats still work;

2. Yep, nothing missable and you can repeat all the levels again, also you can make quick save with triangle or use rewind with option if something went wrong;

3. Yep, as I write above.

Actually I think that most trophies are missable. If you start the Zarok level, then you cannot go back to anything, you can only finish the game or load your previous save.

There is a point of no return. ENSURE YOU SAVE YOUR GAME AFTER THE PIRATE SHIP TO BE ABLE TO CLEANUP

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Tidal_Rider said:

Actually I think that most trophies are missable. If you start the Zarok level, then you cannot go back to anything, you can only finish the game or load your previous save.

There is a point of no return. ENSURE YOU SAVE YOUR GAME AFTER THE PIRATE SHIP TO BE ABLE TO CLEANUP

Ouch, didn't noticed it because in both my runs I've keep last boss as last trophy, I'll edit mine post

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Unji-Most_380 said:

💀 INTRODUCTION 💀

I've decided to make this post because a lot of people keep asking the same questions on the Trophy thoughts post, so basically I suppose it will be great to have an unique post where those questions are explained.
At this time when I writing this post the game is on version 1.01 on PS4.
All those helps are based on the use of cheats, thanks to GMVehox that bring to us the knowledge of the cheats and the fact we can use they.

Hope I can help who want to write the trophy guide for this game.

23047.png?updated=1516505698

This is the Woden's Brand, I use this sword for all the tips so for my convenience I will named it WD for all the post, this sword basically OHKO all the enemies in the whole game.

And yes MediEvil is my favourite game of all time.

⚠️ A POINT OF NO RETURN!

As noticed by Tidal_Rider, after beating Zarok in the last level of the game you can't go back on your steps, so basically all trophies are missable if you don't make a savegame before the end. The game offers the tradinionally save method by pressing Square in the map or a quick save method by pressing Triangle in the Option Menu. Don't forget to do it if you don't want to restart all over again!

ALL LIFE BOTTLES LOCATION

Dan's Crypt - Main hall,

Immagine-Whats-App-2023-08-19-ore-03-55-

Hilltop Mausoleum - Behind the breakble wall,

02.jpg

Pumpkin Gorge - On the floor of the second mill where the white rune is,

03.jpg

Sleeping Village - In the yellow rune's house,

04.jpg

Hall of Heroes - x9 Chalices,

05.jpg

Scurvy Docks - Behind the boulder in front of the pirate's grave where you find the wooden leg,

06.jpg

Ghost Ship - In the room in the middle where there are rolling barrels,

07.jpg

Hall of Heroes - x15 chalices.

08.jpg

CARNIVAL GAMES

There are a total of 8 carnival games and are:

Shepherd's Delight
    Vermin Control
    Pit o' Death
    Guardian o' the Bell
    Arrow o' Fate
    Trebuchet o' Terror
    Whack-a-Zarok
    Weapon Master

The first and the second one are outside the carnival's tent, at the farm, there are two farmer that gives you those two games. The other 6 games are inside the carnival itself. You need to try all of them to earn 🏆"Testing the Waters", in fact you can even stay afk for the remeaning 4 games after have completed all the challenges of 4 games to get 🏆 "Winner Winner". The easiest ones are:

Pit o' Death

You need to kill all the enemies without fall into the pits, cheat codes makes it easy because you can use the WD to OHKO all the enemies.

Guardian o' the Bell

You need to do a "tower defense" and keep safe the bell from the enemies, again, with cheat codes you can OHKO all the enemies using the WD.

Weapon Master

You need to kill all the enemies with the selected weapons, technically you need to use the right weapon, but, if you tap Start at the beginning of each challenges you can turn on the weapon's cheat and use the WD again to OHKO all the enemies, take note you need to repeat this step for every challenge.

Whack-a-Zarok

Here you need to smash the Zarok's statues with your hammer, this is pretty much easy to complete, and you can practice the smashing technique for smash the like button on GMVehox's cheat post.

🏆 DAN THE DRAGON

Here the buggy one, the game run too much fast and the Dragon Armor is buggy, the armor doesn't spit fire as is ment to be. So you need to find a place that's laggy and.. well at least on PS4 it is pretty much easy to find, I use Hilltop Museum beginning to do this.

SOME TECHNICAL INFOS

Update 1.01 - General bug fix

> Dragon Armor spit fire still doesn't work proprely,

> They added more quick save slots,

> Cheat codes can still be used, I managed to unlocked "Get Your Bearings" and "Dan the Invincible" with both cheats eneabled on another profile,

> Still a lot laggy on my hardware.  (CUH-1116A),

> They added a new video mode (Modern Arcade).

it is faster to do  Vermin Control not Weapon Master you can average 40 minutes for the carnival games