Stormdrains One time trial

Cyvnyde

In this time trial, there are quite a few 90-degree turns you have to make. Is there a way to do these turns whilst not losing your speed/momentum? I've seen a couple of YouTube videos (prefer to refer to console ones) where people have been doing these turns and maintaining their speed. I'm not talking about the side jump boost. I know what that is and that is not what they are doing. I've tried to keep moving forward with LS whilst using RS to make the turn, but that doesn't seem to work.

I need to shave off under 0.5 seconds in order to get the 3 stars for this TT. I can do the whole course pretty much flawlessly, but am always just over the time. When I watched videos of others using this method, they do everything I am doing, except they're able to maintain speed around these corners and achieve the 3 stars with a couple of seconds to spare. I've put a link to an example of what I'm referring to.

https://youtu.be/kZ7osAlgmyU?t=44

Cheers in advance.

17 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

If I'm not mistaken you have to turn while running diagonally without doing a hard 90degree turn if that makes sense. You have to turn ever so slightly without being agressive.

Thanks, will give that suggestion a try.

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2023 at 4:43 PM, Cyvnyde said:

In this time trial, there are quite a few 90-degree turns you have to make. Is there a way to do these turns whilst not losing your speed/momentum? I've seen a couple of YouTube videos (prefer to refer to console ones) where people have been doing these turns and maintaining their speed. I'm not talking about the side jump boost. I know what that is and that is not what they are doing. I've tried to keep moving forward with LS whilst using RS to make the turn, but that doesn't seem to work.

I need to shave off under 0.5 seconds in order to get the 3 stars for this TT. I can do the whole course pretty much flawlessly, but am always just over the time. When I watched videos of others using this method, they do everything I am doing, except they're able to maintain speed around these corners and achieve the 3 stars with a couple of seconds to spare. I've put a link to an example of what I'm referring to.

https://youtu.be/kZ7osAlgmyU?t=44

Cheers in advance.

You want to do very smooth fluid moves with the analog stick or you will drop significant speed. Also try to coil that wallclimb turn jump at 0:38 so you don't stumble afterwards.

Sorry if I'm slightly off topic but what exactly are 90 degree turns in this game? Is it when you do a wall run and press the R1 button? I feel like this game throughs many terms at you without properly communicating what stuff even means. I know there's a tutorial but I'm quite sure that it didn't cover all the stuff that guide makers throw at us. So I was just wondering if I got that right?