The star system should go.

Go to solution Solved by Stevieboy,

I'll point out a problem, but only if I have a solution. :)

I personally do not like the star system, mainly because it can be abused, abused by butthurt users who rate other users one star simply for a differing opinion; thanks to the lack of engagement with the star system, sometimes some users can be left with just one star because only one person has rated them. Unluckily for them the one rating they have was one star, which at least for me, gives me a bad impression. 

When I see one star I'm immediately like o,O is this user a troll? Or has only one person rated them?

Many times users can have 5 stars which again leads me to believe they're somewhat liked around the community, that however can be dashed because once again a butthurt user can rate them one star, which most of the times leaves the once a 5 star rated user, with 3 stars.  

I know many users pay no attention to the stars, or even interact with the star system, that's a problem that maybe my proposed system could change.

I've made an image of it, to pose as an example of what it could look like. 

Here's one I made earlier.. 

bb1a0a801b7136488481817c9a783994.png

k I made it just now, I've just always wanted to say that.

With the thumbs up/thumbs down system, we can see how many times they've been rated by other users, that way it would be a much better way to tell if the user is just a forum troll, or a well liked user in the community.

Of course keep the thumbs up/ thumbs down system anonymous so we don't start arguments and user abuse. ;)

I think it's a better way to get users to actually use the rating system more and to actually have it be a useful method to help determine trolls.

If you don't like the suggestion, it's cool :) just didn't want to complain about something and not offer a solution. 

Have a nice day. :P