Head in the Cloud Pivot issue

ELLIOT_1

Hi, could someone help me please?

I can’t plant any pivots, when I pick one up from the map it gives me a white exclamation mark and it won’t let me place any pivots. It keeps telling me I have 5 pivots to find but 0 pivots to plant.

If anyone knows why this is happening and how to fix it any help would be appreciated.

Also have read if you have a full ps3 online friends list that may cause problems, is this true?

5 hours ago, ELLIOT_1 said:

I can’t plant any pivots, when I pick one up from the map it gives me a white exclamation mark and it won’t let me place any pivots. It keeps telling me I have 5 pivots to find but 0 pivots to plant.

If anyone knows why this is happening and how to fix it any help would be appreciated.

Also have read if you have a full ps3 online friends list that may cause problems, is this true?

I believe the game started us in New York for the tutorial and then the first pivot spawned in Frontier/Boston. If you travel out of New York right away, your pivots are still planted in New York, and you have to remove them before travelling to where the pivot spawn. I said this because it took me 15 mins to realize why I can't plant any pivot in Boston; when I came back to New York my 2 or 3 pivots were still planted there.

Also you are right about the friend list thing. If you have more than 50 friends, there will be issues with the pivots. So try to bring down the list to 49, check out all 3 maps for the planted pivots like I mentioned.

Edited by manh_and_cheese

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 10:41 PM, manh_and_cheese said:

I believe the game started us in New York for the tutorial and then the first pivot spawned in Frontier/Boston. If you travel out of New York right away, your pivots are still planted in New York, and you have to remove them before travelling to where the pivot spawn. I said this because it took me 15 mins to realize why I can't plant any pivot in Boston; when I came back to New York my 2 or 3 pivots were still planted there.

Also you are right about the friend list thing. If you have more than 50 friends, there will be issues with the pivots. So try to bring down the list to 49, check out all 3 maps for the planted pivots like I mentioned.

I didnt have any issues, nor did i delete anyone of my freind list, so i am preetty sure someone said that and suddently it was added to the guide.. My pivot spawned in new york first, then bostton and frontier.

16 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Please see the larger ongoing thread regarding broken pivots. There is also a YouTube video showing the fix. 

The more people playing the quicker they will reset. 

But since randoms don't know the servers are back, it will be harder than before. 

Dont need to see anything...didnt have any problems at all.. have the trophy...

Dont care👍

Ppl prob arent doing it right.

On 9/4/2023 at 8:20 AM, DividedByMankind said:

Dont need to see anything...didnt have any problems at all.. have the trophy...

Dont care👍

Ppl prob arent doing it right.

That's great that you didn't encounter any problems with this trophy (you can count yourself lucky). However, there are some gamers who had problems earning it, myself included. I was missing one last pivot that I couldn't collect in Boston's tavern. It was placed inside a building in South Boston where I couldn't go in. I had to do a trick/specific method by placing all my pivots around that place and wait almost 2 days before it would re-appear in a different location (in Frontier) that I thankfully could collect. Mind you, this was around a week before the first official server shutdown date last year (September 1, 2022, which Ubisoft postponed to October 1), so I had a few stressful days. There are also a few other unobtainable pivots that I know of: one in New York, and at least three in Frontier (there could be more). Pivots could or could not automatically reset after a day or two, that is why I used the mentioned trick because I was running out of time. Sometimes pivots won't show up on map at all until you trim your PSN friends list.

If anyone would have a similar glitch (I hope not), here is a great guide written by bigrake1:

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 4:50 PM, ELLIOT_1 said:

I see that you didn't earn any ACIII trophies since 21 November 2012. Did you have any problems with pivots minigame earlier or just now? Maybe you have planted all your pivots on a map (the ones from your inventory that you have already collected)? If you need any help with the game, just ask.