Kickstarter & Indiegogo

RileyCola

So I just recently started really looking into kickstarter and I find it awesome that there are some really cool indie titles being funded on these sites that will/may come to the ps4. I was thinking we could have a general thread where people could post kickstarter and indiegogo programs they find, and discuss updates about campaigns and such.

sorry if there is already a thread on this!

I just came across this game mechrunner it seems like a cool game and for 10 bucks not bad!

also, this is the first game I've backed, maybe it can give you some motivation to back some games! 

• Like 1

Kickstarter and Indigogo are two of the best websites in the world. (IMO)  The indie scene on consoles has absolutely exploded and has made publishers think twice before overlooking a game made by 3 or less people. Publishers used to try to trap studios  into a contract they can't possibly live up to then shut them down after they release a game or too. With Kickstarter and Indigogo you can get your concept out to the people it matters to the most, the gamers. Not the suits looking at profit margins. 

• Like 1

I've backed quite a few games now. I backed Mighty No. 9 (I was even No. 1080), Skullgirls, A Hat in Time, Shantae, the Homestuck Adventure Game, Cryamore, and I've also backed a couple of movies, comic books, and random other projects.

I think it's a fantastic way for people to get funding for projects that wouldn't have been possible otherwise, and I'm always happy to support projects I like.

I backed Earthlock: FoM a few weeks back here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/171497873/earthlock-festival-of-magic

The kickstarter was successfully completed, but you can still back on PayPal for the next month or so, so get on it if you're an RPG fan. It's due to release on PS4 and a few other platforms.

A few months ago I backed RimWorld on kickstarter too, which is an awesome game, though it is PC/Mac/Linux only. Pretty sure you can still buy into the alpha/beta on Tynan's website here: http://rimworldgame.com/

I've backed quite a few games now. I backed Mighty No. 9 (I was even No. 1080), Skullgirls, A Hat in Time, Shantae, the Homestuck Adventure Game, Cryamore, and I've also backed a couple of movies, comic books, and random other projects.

I think it's a fantastic way for people to get funding for projects that wouldn't have been possible otherwise, and I'm always happy to support projects I like.

niiice. I wanted to back mighty no. 9 but didn't. I don't remember why D: