SFV golden league boosting guide(?)

Enerdrizer

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, i've been trying this out but I'm having problems getting battle confirmation windows to pop up. Whenever I match someone in ranked, the battle starts right away without giving me any confirmation to accept or reject the match. This happens even when I match up against my second console. It goes straight from 'waiting for opponent' to battle starting... wtf!!!!

I have battle confirmation set to 'Ask' by pressing 'Start' button on main menu and switching to that option on both my consoles. I've tried enabling and disabling the top option which is 'Battle Request Settings' for Ranked mode on and off to see if that makes a difference; it doesn't. What am I doing wrong??? I want to get the confirmation screen so I can make sure I"m matched against my own second console, but it never appears?? Please help!!!

Edited by IAmYingCai
figured out what was wrong. I needed to search for ranked matches through the settings menu instead of hitting the ranked button on the homepage and searching thru there. So unintuitive :/

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Lord_of_Ra said:

So just to double check: It's confirmed that if you have two Ps4/Ps5s you can totally boost this trophy?

OP said 2 devices and 5 accounts.

You’ll be juggling around the accounts on the 2 devices (whether it’s a PS4 or PS5; the game is PS4 version only anyway) just so you can make an account on console A matchmake with a different account on console B. 

I’m not sure what might seem doubtful in that statement that it needs extra confirmation …

PS: even if one should have trouble getting to Gold with the aforementioned method, the only thing that could stand in your way is the drop of activity since SF6 launched. Getting to Gold is not that difficult. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zenodin said:

OP said 2 devices and 5 accounts.

You’ll be juggling around the accounts on the 2 devices (whether it’s a PS4 or PS5; the game is PS4 version only anyway) just so you can make an account on console A matchmake with a different account on console B. 

I’m not sure what might seem doubtful in that statement that it needs extra confirmation …

PS: even if one should have trouble getting to Gold with the aforementioned method, the only thing that could stand in your way is the drop of activity since SF6 launched. Getting to Gold is not that difficult. 

Oh I just missread the guide haha. Sleepy brain. I just read it again.

Thanks for the clarification bud!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 3:00 AM, Zenodin said:

The drop of activity is kind of big deal. This makes you waste more time on finding an opponent. At certain times (mornings, nights or weekdays in general) you may not be able to even find one!
Above 1000 LP the player gains and loses the same amount of LP for 1 win and 1 lose (same rank). Assuming the casual player won't benefit from win streak, he has have like several dozen (?) more wins than loses.
I think it's quite challenging nowadays and also depending on where you live cuz some zones are just dead.

On 9/12/2023 at 6:55 PM, Enerdrizer said:

So I decided to share my knowledge with golden league boosting - Let's fight someone strong! and overall matchmaking experience after SF6 release.

For reminder: a certain league can matchmake with the same league, 1 league lower and 1 league higher. After first battle you can always press rematch. Second rematch is available only if accounts have 1 win 1 lose. For this type of boosting (continious wins) you will have only 1 rematch available and you should always go for it so you get 2 wins after 1 matchmaking.

To be most efficient the general idea is to take advantage of win streak bonus (which if I am correct is capped at 15 wins). It makes that you can earn even 300+ LP for 1 win.

In order to do this you need atleast 2 devices and 5 accounts. Of course each account may refer to a different player, but I will just call them accounts. I will call these accounts: A, B, C, D and E, where A goes (first) for gold.

So here are the steps:

1. Account E stays at 0 LP (Rookie). It feeds A, B, C, D to 1000+ LP (Super Bronze League).
  2. Account D feeds A, B, C to 1500+ LP (Ultra Bronze League). If D falls under 500 LP (Bronze League) you need to feed him again with E.
  3. Feed account C until it reaches 2000+ LP (Silver League). So basically D has to feed on E in order to reach 1000+ LP and C feeds on D whenever D has 1000+ LP.
  4. Feed account B using C until it reaches 3150* LP+ (Super Silver League). Since you have win streak B will be earning huge amount of LP in few battles, like 275 LP for 1 win. Why did I mention 3150+ LP? B has to withstand 2 losses in next step so it won't lose its Super Silver League rank. You can ensure it by simply deciding whether to go for rematch or not. For example if after first battle (after matchmaking) B has like 2800 LP don't rematch. Instead leave current session and repeat matchmaking so B's rematch (2nd battle) will put B well over 3k LP.
  5. Feed account A using C, D, E until it breaks 3k LP. And then with the assistance of B you need either 3 or 4 wins for 4000+ LP (Golden League). As I mentioned above B has to withstand 2 losses so it will be in A's reach (when A stays at 3,500 - 3,999 LP Ultra Silver League).

So this way 1 account will reach gold in about 25 battles/wins. For the other accounts it will be slower cuz they lost win streak nonetheless it's doable in similar way.

Now let's talk about matchmaking itself:

You can only assure that you find your other device or partner if you (both) have battle confirmation set to ask. And then you need to make sure before joining battle that you both have the same timer and/or handshake icon and/or connection (however connection can sometimes differ).

I noticed that after one matchmaking, your next matchmaking (almost?) always avoids the account you were paired with previous matchmaking. For example let's say A and B just finished battle and want to find themselves again in matchmaking. Firstly A and B has to find some random - simply by having timer with them (which you don't accept) in order to be unlocked.
If you have 2 devices at home and you would go for matchmaking with connection status setting set to 5, then you would probably find yourself quickly... but after this it probably won't work anymore cuz you are locked and need to find some random first with both accounts. Atleast this is how it worked for me.

In local case you can still take advantage of connection setting. If you are looking for random - set it to any and if you found one - switch it back to only 5 so you should find yourself.

Sometimes you can't find anyone. What may fix this problem is to relog on sf5 server. I think the quickest way (without rebooting sf5) is to turn off and turn on your internet connection in playstation settings. Then you will get alert in sf5 that you lost connection and you can log in again from the game's menu.

So technically as long as there are any randoms you can find 😅, 2 devices and 5 accounts are enough to reach gold.

For the sake of outdated Let's fight someone strong! description on psnprofiles trophy guide.

You can't reach silver going for (1-1) w/l. 1000 LP (Super Bronze) is dead end. However you can reach silver going for about (2-1) w/l (except sometimes you need to lose twice in order to not lose your second account from your reach). But it is very slow process and you will probably have 150 wins or more already by the time you reach silver this way. However this method has certain value cuz you need 300 wins anyway.

Do i have to have all 5 accounts in both consoles? i just dropped from silver and im seriously considering doing this

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 1:22 AM, BloddyNocturne said:

Do i have to have all 5 accounts in both consoles? i just dropped from silver and im seriously considering doing this

Hey, so I am not sure why to think about it 😅 but the answer would be no. Let's say your A stays only on main console and your F only on extra console. So this way both consoles need 4 accounts where B, C, D are shared.

That sounds like a great guide.

Street Fighter V is going to be the only game that I don’t have 100% completed in my profile (after I finish DMC Devil May Cry which I am currently playing). And I have 140 games in it all 100% completed. 

My question is how do you do this if you handle the 2 devices? Do you get a monitor to connect the one console next to the tv you connect your main console? 

Or would it work by changing between HDMI source in your tv? Is the time given when a match is found, sufficient?

Edited by Dimitris-Ger

11 hours ago, Dimitris-Ger said:

That sounds like a great guide.

Street Fighter V is going to be the only game that I don’t have 100% completed in my profile (after I finish DMC Devil May Cry which I am currently playing). And I have 140 games in it all 100% completed. 

My question is how do you do this if you handle the 2 devices? Do you get a monitor to connect the one console next to the tv you connect your main console? 

Or would it work by changing between HDMI source in your tv? Is the time given when a match is found, sufficient?

Just monitor and tv in the same room in my case. I think changing the source would be too slow for this. You would need to atleast listen the console with turned off screen so you know when match is found (sound alert) and then can determine whether it is the same match on both console. Uncomfortable, risky probably.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 11:56 AM, Enerdrizer said:

Just monitor and tv in the same room in my case. I think changing the source would be too slow for this. You would need to atleast listen the console with turned off screen so you know when match is found (sound alert) and then can determine whether it is the same match on both console. Uncomfortable, risky probably.

Thank you for your reply, 

You are right, it would be better with a monitor and tv in the same room. I will try it out this year for sure since I have a spare ps4 and monitor. I really wish it works because there is no way I can get this legit

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you man !!! This guide works brilliant and I got to gold in 1 day!!!

Now I need to grind the 300 wins …. Do you also have a tip for this ? :D

P.S. I used a PS4 and PS5 and the PS Remote Play App on my smartphone as the 2nd monitor.

Edited by patrahn

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 8:28 PM, patrahn said:

Thank you man !!! This guide works brilliant and I got to gold in 1 day!!!

Now I need to grind the 300 wins …. Do you also have a tip for this ? :D

P.S. I used a PS4 and PS5 and the PS Remote Play App on my smartphone as the 2nd monitor.

Sadly it's more comfortable to do these 300- wins first. If I am remember correctly if both accounts are on the edge of 1000LP you can go for 2:1 win ratio spam. Cuz if 1000+ LP loses with 999- that 1 lose costs double win. However if both accounts have more LP you should be able to still spam 2:1 however sometimes you need to go for 1:2 in order to maintain matchmaking range because even if it's very slow process, the gap within both accounts will increase. For example if starting with both accounts around 1200+ LP, at one point the leading account will pass 2k.
I don't know if higher brackets like 2k or 3k act exactly like 1k but I guess it's just the way of 2:1 in general.

Spoiler

I only visit here sometimes. You may have already figured it out 😁.

Edited by Enerdrizer
redundant word

Stupid question - do you need to buy the game multiple times for the different profiles you make or does it count as a "new" when you make a new profile?

Nvm i answered my own question.

Edited by ValhoZero

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2023 at 12:55 AM, Enerdrizer said:

So I decided to share my knowledge with golden league boosting - Let's fight someone strong! and overall matchmaking experience after SF6 release.

For reminder: a certain league can matchmake with the same league, 1 league lower and 1 league higher. After first battle you can always press rematch. Second rematch is available only if accounts have 1 win 1 lose. For this type of boosting (continious wins) you will have only 1 rematch available and you should always go for it so you get 2 wins after 1 matchmaking.

To be most efficient the general idea is to take advantage of win streak bonus (which if I am correct is capped at 15 wins). It makes that you can earn even 300+ LP for 1 win.

In order to do this you need atleast 2 devices and 5 accounts. Of course each account may refer to a different player, but I will just call them accounts. I will call these accounts: A, B, C, D and E, where A goes (first) for gold.

So here are the steps:

1. Account E stays at 0 LP (Rookie). It feeds A, B, C, D to 1000+ LP (Super Bronze League).
  2. Account D feeds A, B, C to 1500+ LP (Ultra Bronze League). If D falls under 500 LP (Bronze League) you need to feed him again with E.
  3. Feed account C until it reaches 2000+ LP (Silver League). So basically D has to feed on E in order to reach 1000+ LP and C feeds on D whenever D has 1000+ LP.
  4. Feed account B using C until it reaches 3150* LP+ (Super Silver League). Since you have win streak B will be earning huge amount of LP in few battles, like 275 LP for 1 win. Why did I mention 3150+ LP? B has to withstand 2 losses in next step so it won't lose its Super Silver League rank. You can ensure it by simply deciding whether to go for rematch or not. For example if after first battle (after matchmaking) B has like 2800 LP don't rematch. Instead leave current session and repeat matchmaking so B's rematch (2nd battle) will put B well over 3k LP.
  5. Feed account A using C, D, E until it breaks 3k LP. And then with the assistance of B you need either 3 or 4 wins for 4000+ LP (Golden League). As I mentioned above B has to withstand 2 losses so it will be in A's reach (when A stays at 3,500 - 3,999 LP Ultra Silver League).

So this way 1 account will reach gold in about 25 battles/wins. For the other accounts it will be slower cuz they lost win streak nonetheless it's doable in similar way.

Now let's talk about matchmaking itself:

You can only assure that you find your other device or partner if you (both) have battle confirmation set to ask. And then you need to make sure before joining battle that you both have the same timer and/or handshake icon and/or connection (however connection can sometimes differ).

I noticed that after one matchmaking, your next matchmaking (almost?) always avoids the account you were paired with previous matchmaking. For example let's say A and B just finished battle and want to find themselves again in matchmaking. Firstly A and B has to find some random - simply by having timer with them (which you don't accept) in order to be unlocked.
If you have 2 devices at home and you would go for matchmaking with connection status setting set to 5, then you would probably find yourself quickly... but after this it probably won't work anymore cuz you are locked and need to find some random first with both accounts. Atleast this is how it worked for me.

In local case you can still take advantage of connection setting. If you are looking for random - set it to any and if you found one - switch it back to only 5 so you should find yourself.

Excellent post, this method worked flawlessly, thank you! 

as a small addition, you guys can also turn on casual matchmaking when attempting to match with a random, it will still count, and when u are trying to match yourself you can select PS4 Only even if your other account is on a PS5.