Randoms make boosting this game a nightmare

EmperorVeloXXVII

Feels like every time I try to grind tag XP, or more recently, try to boost for the flag capture trophy, several randoms come in to snipe us. So much for this game being dead.

Not being able to do these in private matches is making me want to pull my hair out. And it doesn't help that the servers for this could be switched off forever at any moment now.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Don't ask for boosting help here

These past few days I didn't run into randoms, but during out first 4P mode there were a few. We had to do another session thanks to that. This morning the only other players were my boosting buddies.

The session is at a time where both EU and US player players can be around. But even so, there are not that many players around.

23 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Have you checked what's the max number of players in the lobby? I've done this boost 3 years ago, I don't remember. Probably 6 tho

I hadn't start the game yet. Just did now, it seems it depends on the mode, it's either 6 or 8 depending on if it's free for all or team vs team, in case anyone else is interested.

Any clue how not to get kicked with a turbo controller maybe?

Edited by GastNDorf

When I boosted bioshock 2, we had to boost for around 25h and we also had a few randoms that would purposefully join our boosts and make them a pain. After a while, we'd get in and get done as much as possible, and when the randoms started messing with us, that was our cue to stop playing for that day. Took as a lot longer, until we found enough to people to lock the lobby altogether. After that it was smooth sailing