AR Studio doesn’t freaking work

Tyler13479

I got the second screen app and used it to mess with the toy maker, but I’m encountering MASSIVE issues with AR Studio. Whenever I load it up on the playroom, the app also loads it up. However, the studio is in full-on Japanese meaning I can’t read and I don’t know what to do. Second, I can’t draw anything so easily, and thirdly, even though the app is connected to the PS4, the app pretends it isn’t and it won’t work. Yes, I have the latest update. And I’ve tried rebuilding the database. Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, can I have a possible solution?

Edited by Tyler13479
Remove censored profanity

25 minutes ago, Tyler13479 said:

I got the second screen app and used it to mess with the toy maker, but I’m encountering MASSIVE issues with AR Studio. Whenever I load it up on the playroom, the app also loads it up. However, the studio is in full-on Japanese meaning I can’t read and I don’t know what to do. Second, I can’t draw anything so easily, and thirdly, even though the app is connected to the PS4, the app pretends it isn’t and it won’t work. Yes, I have the latest update. And I’ve tried rebuilding the database. Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, can I have a possible solution?

If I remember right, the augmented reality app won't work until you follow the on screen instructions that appear on the PS4 and only then will it have all the features activated. As far as the language goes, how exactly do you have your settings configured on the PS4?

Here's a video that shows you how to set up the app, maybe you missed something?

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

I'm afraid it doesn't work. I can't use the PS App itself since the function itself has been long removed meaning I need to download the Second Screen App instead, which still doesn't work as intended and still has the issues I listed. The app itself is connected but the PS4 doesn't recognize it even after 10 minutes. And the guide is from an earlier version of the app so even though I used everything the video said to, it still won't work simply because the features as shown in the video simply aren't there anymore.

https://imgur.com/a/GckZgWx

Here are pics of the issues.

• 2 months later...

I got confused at first as well, thinking it is the main PSApp we should be using, when what we need is the Second Screen PSApp - originally part of the main up but had been made to be a standalone app (context to those that may not have been aware of the changes to the app).

Installed it on an iPhone and had no problems using it instead of the PSVita.  I do get disconnected from time to time but it is not bad enough to make the AR not work.  I had no problems getting all trophies that used the 2S-PSApp.