You need a gun trophy glitch

KazumaBill-

• 2 weeks later...

I was also experiencing this glitch during my first playthrough and NG+, but it ended up working when I fully upgraded my final weapon during a second NG+ run. Armed to the Teeth unlocked for me during Final Transmission, which I played after my first NG+ playthrough. You Need a Gun hadn't unlocked, so that's why I had to run a second NG+ playthrough (using a save from NG+ not Final Transmission) and that's what did the trick for this trophy. It seems I needed to fully upgrade all my guns for it to unlock because I had fully upgraded my AR in this playthrough and that didn't work, but it did work after I upgraded my GRP which was my last weapon.

So to sum it up:

- Initial playthrough on maximum security

- NG+ on minimum security

- Final Transmission on minimum security (Armed to the Teeth trophy)

- NG+2 on minimum security (You Need a Gun trophy)

4 hours ago, RevengeancePrime said:

I was also experiencing this glitch during my first playthrough and NG+, but it ended up working when I fully upgraded my final weapon during a second NG+ run. Armed to the Teeth unlocked for me during Final Transmission, which I played after my first NG+ playthrough. You Need a Gun hadn't unlocked, so that's why I had to run a second NG+ playthrough (using a save from NG+ not Final Transmission) and that's what did the trick for this trophy. It seems I needed to fully upgrade all my guns for it to unlock because I had fully upgraded my AR in this playthrough and that didn't work, but it did work after I upgraded my GRP which was my last weapon.

So to sum it up:

- Initial playthrough on maximum security

- NG+ on minimum security

- Final Transmission on minimum security (Armed to the Teeth trophy)

- NG+2 on minimum security (You Need a Gun trophy)

so basically you had to fully upgrade all the weapons?

why is there a seperate trophy then for that? 

13 hours ago, RevengeancePrime said:

Yeah that's basically what I had to do, but it's not supposed to be like that. These two trophies are just bugged and who knows if these devs will ever patch it to work as intended.

Dang that's what in worried about because I'm like 99% sure that this and the dlc trophy where you have to upgrade all weapons will pop at the same time. It's been 3 months and the ceo left the company. @MMDE what are your thought on white listing the trophies in the event people pop both of them?

We might have to wait until next year to see a patch considering holidays are coming up, in the event they even patch them

People with the digital edition can't even downgrade patches

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/26/2023 at 3:59 PM, Tomminatorboi said:

Hi all if you still need this trophy,  what I did was save before the last upgrade and then steamed the game.  I have the game on disc BTW and I also deleted the disc version before I steamed it.  Hope this helps you all too

what do you mean steamed the game?  Im having this issue and i saved and reloaded countless times

Hi all! Not sure if anyone is still actively working on this trophy but mine FINALLY popped. Here was what I did that worked. I did none of the stream, going offline, deleting save file tricks:

1. Played on medium difficulty: fully upgraded hand cannon, skunk gun, and tact pistol and then sunk some credits into upgrading (but not fully other weapons).

2. Did NG+ on maximum difficulty: fully upgraded the assault rifle and shotgun and then continued to upgrade stun baton and glove.

3. Did NG+ on minimum difficulty to focus on finalizing weapons for "Armed to the teeth". Made it to first upgrade station and fully upgraded my stun baton and it finally popped. I was still missing the glove to be fully upgraded but everything else was fully done.

Not sure if this will help, but I just focused on Armed to the teeth.

Good luck out there,

Frost

• 2 weeks later...

I receive a trophy on Final Transmission run, after i upgrade all weapons. 

Strangely, i did not received "Armed to the teeth" trophy, which makes no sense since everything was upgraded.

So, my path was NG (medium sec), NG+ (maximum sec.) and then i buy FT (it was 50% down on Store) and have just enough credits to buy last upgrade on last upgrade machine 😁

Im glad i didn't need to go on 3rd playthrough, the game started to be boring as hell. It's not bad,  but it's nowhere near Dead Space. 

• 2 months later...

My game was bugged too for this trophy but following tips on Reddit I got it to work.

I had to start from the very beginning, a fresh game. (Luckily, I had a manual NG+ save and that doesn’t get ovetwritten).

Play on the easiest mode and pick up and sell everything you can. Only build the one gun - the first gun you get in the story which you HAVE to build. The hand cannon. You can sell items at that reforge station or any station.

THE MAIN THING IS: DO NOT UPGRADE ANYTHING ON THE HAND CANNON UNTIL YOU HAVE ENOUGH CREDITS TO DO ALL THE UPGRADES AT THE SAME TIME, AT THE SAME REFORGE STATION.

I was about 25 credits short at the SHU reforge station. I had sole everything. There was nothing else to pick up, I couldn’t go back. So I proceeded further (on the cart that took me to the room with all the grinders). Did that, picked up tons more loot, went up the spiral staircase to get the next receptive station want.

THAT is where I bought every upgrade for the hand canon. One by one. From bottom to top. Waiting 15 second between each upgrade. After the last upgrade, the trophy popped as Jacob inspected the weapon upon completion.

IN SHORT:

- Start on easy

- pick up and sell everything

- print only one gun, the hand cannon

- by the SHU reforge station you should have enough credits.

- buy each upgrade at the SAME REFORGE STATION. One by one. Wait 15 seconds between each