Really confused, need some help understanding.

Hey y'all, I'm about to start the game and was reading the trophy guide on pstrophies, it felt really confusing as I don't have much previous experience with the game and I don't want to follow a step by step guide, they mentioned to beat the game normally once, then NG+ and choose the opposite choices and one more time to choose the last characters to invade Viper Manor (whatever that is), then they mention to reload a playthrough 1 (?) And choose continue+ to recruit all allies, what's playthrough 1 in this case? .... it felt confusing with all the nomenclature I'm not familiar with, so if I choose to follow these steps will I miss anything? The guide also mention to finish the game in a specific way with certain characters for some endings, does that mean I have to do a full playthrough each time? The whole continue+ is a bit confusing, thanks in advance.

33 minutes ago, Burritoprime said:

Hey y'all, I'm about to start the game and was reading the trophy guide on pstrophies, it felt really confusing as I don't have much previous experience with the game and I don't want to follow a step by step guide, they mentioned to beat the game normally once, then NG+ and choose the opposite choices and one more time to choose the last characters to invade Viper Manor (whatever that is), then they mention to reload a playthrough 1 (?) And choose continue+ to recruit all allies, what's playthrough 1 in this case? .... it felt confusing with all the nomenclature I'm not familiar with, so if I choose to follow these steps will I miss anything? The guide also mention to finish the game in a specific way with certain characters for some endings, does that mean I have to do a full playthrough each time? The whole continue+ is a bit confusing, thanks in advance.

I'd honestly suggest using the text guide on here and talk to it's writer for more info and explanation he's a pretty nice guy

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/127665-full-platinum-walkthrough-video-and-text/

• Like 1

Sounds like a real chore.  Kinda like what I'm doing with P4G....playing while following a 100% walkthrough guide.  Sounds very convoluted.  I don't know why game devs design games like this that force you to follow a guide or a walkthrough and then have these extra, confusing, convoluted steps in order to platinum the game or see the true ending or earn the game's 100%.  Don't they realize it just is not fun?  I don't mind doing a second playthrough like a NG+.  It gives you the chance to enjoy the story again most of the time.  But having to go through steps like you just mentioned?  Not fun. 

16 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'd honestly suggest using the text guide on here and talk to it's writer for more info and explanation he's a pretty nice guy

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/127665-full-platinum-walkthrough-video-and-text/

Thanks gonna tag him.

Hey @Optinooby do you think these steps will work? Any advice is welcomed 🙏🏻

6 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I'll take it ;)

@Burritoprime 

I know you said you don't want to follow a step by step guide, but its honestly the only way that you wont be confused.

The way the mechanics work in this game, a general trophy guide which just mentions a single trophy at a time with a brief Roadmap, really does'nt simplify things much.

I'd say you can either not follow a step by step guide, and just put up with the confusion until you understand it OR follow a step by step and remove the confusion.

Both approaches have an aspect which you don't like, so guess it depends which one is better for you ;)

I honestly don't remember much mate, I remember there are more optimal ways to do it than some guides state, and that the trophy guides do mega confuse. I was mega confused just reading roadmaps xD

Thank you for the quick response, it all feels so unnecessarily convoluted, I'll just do a blind playthrough to get the hang of stuff and experience the game for the first time but if by the end I feel just as lost as I am now I'll follow your great guide to finish the platinum, thanks again for all the effort you put into these.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Burritoprime said:

Thank you for the quick response, it all feels so unnecessarily convoluted, I'll just do a blind playthrough to get the hang of stuff and experience the game for the first time but if by the end I feel just as lost as I am now I'll follow your great guide to finish the platinum, thanks again for all the effort you put into these.

Hi there! I'm an oldie fan of this game (Played it around 2000's) so I have some experience with the game, I do sometimes follow @Optinooby guides but I didn't for this game in particular and got the platinum without God Mode or anything except the speed perk.

I Think the best approach would be to start and do a blind playthrough so you get use to the game, etc. I suggest you to enjoy this beautiful game and story and if you're up to some challenges don't use any perks except the speed one since the game is very slow for today's standard.

I just want to give you some advices to start the game proper way for a noob.

- Through the story you're going to make a lot of choices which will end on certain paths and characters, try to memorize what you do so you avoid unnecesary plathroughs later on

- At the start of the game there's a tutorial I suggest you do (it's misseable but not trophy related) still since is your first time playing I suggest you do it (you'll get the tutorial from radius old man, talk to npc's and you'll be good)

- Try to keep different saves and don't overwrite them, there's a lot of slots and this will help you out later on

- Try different characters and use the ones you want but if you need some strong solid characters I can give some names (just let me know)

I Believe that's it at least for what I can remember right now, Opti's guide is amazing so check it out after your first playthrough and you'll get the platinum in no time.

Good luck man, you got this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NajiLionheart said:

Hi there! I'm an oldie fan of this game (Played it around 2000's) so I have some experience with the game, I do sometimes follow @Optinooby guides but I didn't for this game in particular and got the platinum without God Mode or anything except the speed perk.

I Think the best approach would be to start and do a blind playthrough so you get use to the game, etc. I suggest you to enjoy this beautiful game and story and if you're up to some challenges don't use any perks except the speed one since the game is very slow for today's standard.

I just want to give you some advices to start the game proper way for a noob.

- Through the story you're going to make a lot of choices which will end on certain paths and characters, try to memorize what you do so you avoid unnecesary plathroughs later on

- At the start of the game there's a tutorial I suggest you do (it's misseable but not trophy related) still since is your first time playing I suggest you do it (you'll get the tutorial from radius old man, talk to npc's and you'll be good)

- Try to keep different saves and don't overwrite them, there's a lot of slots and this will help you out later on

- Try different characters and use the ones you want but if you need some strong solid characters I can give some names (just let me know)

I Believe that's it at least for what I can remember right now, Opti's guide is amazing so check it out after your first playthrough and you'll get the platinum in no time.

Good luck man, you got this!

Thank you for all the tips, I'll keep all that in mind, I never play classics with booters I like to experience the game the way it was intended, that's also why I don't like to follow step by step walkthrough the first time around, thanks again.