Confused about what the guide says about Premium Adventure.

davestovies

So the guide says that Premium Adventure works differently, in that nothing carries over but then the guide also says in Stage 1 about grabbing the Golden Pistol and Beads of Good Fortune. I might be misunderstanding the guide but to me that implies that those two items carry over, but the guide also warns you that progress and items don't carry over in this game.

Can someone clear this up for me? I'm probably just being an idiot and misinterpreting what the guide is saying but I've read over it again and it's still confusing me.

Are you confusing Premium Adventure with NG+?

Golden gun and gear carry over into NG+. So what you want to do is get 100% in NG, so there is nothing left to do in PA. And then just go into NG+. Everything you do in PA won’t carry over.

(My memory is a bit fuzzy about this game but I’m 99% sure about this)

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

I'm currently going through Yakuza 5.

To make NG+ on Legend easier and faster, you may want to get the Golden Gun and Beads of Good Fortune.  

The catch is, you must acquire these items and any other equipment you need BEFORE beating the game and going into Premium. 

So now, I'm keeping a file for 100% completion and, when I'm bored ot grinding, I'm speed running Legend in NG+ with Beads and Golden Gun. 

I would add that, if you really want to use the golden gun across characters, remember to put it in the object box before changing chapters. 

EDIT: Just seen the other comments. Now I understand what the guide meant lol. Thank you for your quick responses. :)

2 hours ago, Baker said:

Are you confusing Premium Adventure with NG+?

Golden gun and gear carry over into NG+. So what you want to do is get 100% in NG, so there is nothing left to do in PA. And then just go into NG+. Everything you do in PA won’t carry over.

(My memory is a bit fuzzy about this game but I’m 99% sure about this)

Yes. Apologies, I got mixed up. So the deal is I need to 100% the game during a regular playthrough in order to carry everything over? Usually I blast through the story and then clean up 100% in Premium Adventure before doing Legend. For this game do I need to just cut out Premium Adventure and got from NG straight to NG+?

Edited by davestovies
  • Like 1