Question about master ninja rank

IzunaGaiden

hi is my first Ninja Gaiden game, so have some question, what weapon is important to upgrade first and why ? for the moment i play some time with Enma Sword, i see for have this rank you just need to kill all people and no death, he have missable ennemy like Mgr ? 

Can i use item ? 

dis you have any tips for progress, i just finish my run on acolyte before start acolyte again in challenge mode

Edited by IzunaGaiden

Weapon importance is based on preference and what you like, however, you do not need to level up the Dragon Sword or the Twin Swords past level 2 due to story reasons. Enma's Fang is a good choice as the UT is very good and powerful against almost everything in the game, but again, it is based on preference on what you like.

Rank does not matter in Sigma 2 - though, getting the Master Ninja rank should not be hard since as long as you're killing everything, you will get it no problem. No trophies for rank, all that rank pertains to is for leaderboards (or something), and yes, you can use items without affecting rank and no, no missable enemies. Beat the story first on all the difficulties, then progress through Chapter Challenge, or whatever you feel works for you. Does not really matter. 

Edited by x410xDragon
Slight...typo.
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

Weapon importance is based on preference and what you like, however, you do not need to level up the Dragon Sword or the Twin Swords past level 2 due to story reasons. Enma's Fang is a good choice as the UT is very good and powerful against almost everything in the game, but again, it is based on preference on what you like.

Rank does not matter in Sigma 2 - though, getting the Master Ninja rank should not be hard since as long as you're killing everything, you will get it no problem. No trophies for rank, all that rank pertains to is for leaderboards (or something), and yes, you can use items without affecting rank and no, no missable enemies. Beat the story first on all the difficulties, then progress through Chapter Challenge, or whatever you feel works for you. Does not really matter. 

perfect thank you !

2 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

I'm not the OP but is getting Master Ninja on chapter challenge hard? All you have to do is killing everything? Does getting killed, using items and taking too long void it? Thanks in advance.

9 hours ago, Burritoprime said:

I'm not the OP but is getting Master Ninja on chapter challenge hard? All you have to do is killing everything? Does getting killed, using items and taking too long void it? Thanks in advance.

Yes, all you have to do is kill every enemy you come across. Chapter Challenge is easier than the main game as all your weapons are maxed out. As for HP/Ninpo, iirc, they are maxed out as well; however, I can't confirm or deny as it has been awhile since I last played. The only two chapters that stick out as being difficult on Master Ninja are: 5 & 11. The rest are nothing too bad. Getting killed, using items, or taking too long does not affect rank at all. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

Yes, all you have to do is kill every enemy you come across. Chapter Challenge is easier than the main game as all your weapons are maxed out. As for HP/Ninpo, iirc, they are maxed out as well; however, I can't confirm or deny as it has been awhile since I last played. The only two chapters that stick out as being difficult on Master Ninja are: 5 & 11. The rest are nothing too bad. Getting killed, using items, or taking too long does not affect rank at all. 

Thank you so much for the reply, I was dreading the idea of having to get Master Ninja rank on the highest difficulty, it sounds much more doable than the PS3 version, thanks again.

3 hours ago, Burritoprime said:

Thank you so much for the reply, I was dreading the idea of having to get Master Ninja rank on the highest difficulty, it sounds much more doable than the PS3 version, thanks again.

18 hours ago, IzunaGaiden said:

hi is my first Ninja Gaiden game, so have some question, what weapon is important to upgrade first and why ? for the moment i play some time with Enma Sword, i see for have this rank you just need to kill all people and no death, he have missable ennemy like Mgr ? 

Can i use item ? 

dis you have any tips for progress, i just finish my run on acolyte before start acolyte again in challenge mode

@IzunaGaiden If you're a complete beginner, I'd recommend reading through this resource. If you have any questions about the game, send me a message on PSN, I'm very experienced with the game. I personally wouldn't recommend Enma's Fang, the attacks are too slow and if your in-experienced with the franchise using Enma's Fang on Master Ninja difficulty you'll get wrecked. 

NGS2 - The Beginners Bible (actieforum.com)

@Burritoprime The PS3 version is significantly harder because the team missions weren't toned down like they are in the PS4 version. On the PS3 you were able to play the team missions in co-op. If you didn't have anyone to play the missions with, and you lacked 2 systems and 2 copies of the game, you are locked out of the PS3 platinum trophy because 2 missions have never been cleared with an AI partner (Ultimate Ninja 1 & 3). If it wasn't for people offering to help others on the PS3 version the platinum trophy would be sub 1%, instead of 1.8%.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

@IzunaGaiden If you're a complete beginner, I'd recommend reading through this resource. If you have any questions about the game, send me a message on PSN, I'm very experienced with the game. I personally wouldn't recommend Enma's Fang, the attacks are too slow and if your in-experienced with the franchise using Enma's Fang on Master Ninja difficulty you'll get wrecked. 

@Burritoprime The PS3 version is significantly harder because the team missions weren't toned down like they are in the PS4 version. On the PS3 you were able to play the team missions in co-op. If you didn't have anyone to play the missions with, and you lacked 2 systems and 2 copies of the game, you are locked out of the PS3 platinum trophy because 2 missions have never been cleared with an AI partner (Ultimate Ninja 1 & 3). If it wasn't for people offering to help others on the PS3 version the platinum trophy would be sub 1%, instead of 1.8%.  

I back this up 100%. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Thanks my Friend, i just run the acolyte master ninja rank now, have trouble about some pattern, i play a lot of Time with Moon staff now

4 hours ago, Burritoprime said:

@LancashireLad87 So on PS4 any setup with AI partner is enough? Most videos I found are from the PS3 version, I still have flashbacks from trying the PS3 version,any tips will help, thanks in advance. 

Remaster version Ryu with DS and Rachel was enough for most missions but for Ultimate 3(the two statues of Liberty)Boss fight.

I used Two Rachel's due to their long range MG's.

Makes taking out the Bosses way easier.

I have a vid showing what I considerer pretty good stats for all 5 ultimate missions.

I personally found MN 2, 3, Mentor 5 and Ult 3 to be the hardest missions.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 2

• Ryu's dual-swords has a technique :up: + :triangle: (hold) that hits fast, hard and allows for quick dodge/block. Can be repeated as necessary.
  • Ryu's baton has a similar hard strike using :up: + :triangle: (hold). Can be repeated as necessary.
  • Ryu's lunar staff has a technique 360 spin then :triangle: (hold) until power-up and release for a skull crushing instant death.
  • Rachel's attacks are generally very strong. Only need one or two quick strikes at a time with :square:. Her best combo is :square: :square: :triangle: :triangle:. Works best on Alexander, Volf and Zedonius.
Edited by ruexnimbus
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Remaster version Ryu with DS and Rachel was enough for most missions but for Ultimate 3(the two statues of Liberty)Boss fight.

I used Two Rachel's due to their long range MG's.

Makes taking out the Bosses way easier.

I have a vid showing what I considerer pretty good stats for all 5 ultimate missions.

I personally found MN 2, 3, Mentor 5 and Ult 3 to be the hardest missions.

Thank you very much, I'm somewhat new to modern Ninja Gaiden so I don't have much idea of what I'm doing, I played a bit of each in the collection and 2 is my favorite followed by the first one, NG3 feels really unforgiving, anyways thank you very much for all the tips I really want to plat this game this time.

40 minutes ago, ruexnimbus said:
  • Ryu's dual-swords has a technique :up: + :triangle: (hold) that hits fast, hard and allows for quick dodge/block. Can be repeated as necessary.
  • Ryu's baton has a similar hard strike using :up: + :triangle: (hold). Can be repeated as necessary.
  • Ryu's lunar staff has a technique 360 spin then :triangle: (hold) until power-up and release for a skull crushing instant death.
  • Rachel's attacks are generally very strong. Only need one or two quick strikes at a time with :square:. Her best combo is :square: :square: :triangle: :triangle:. Works best on Alexander, Volf and Zedonius.

Thank you so much, I'm gonna keep all that in mind as I play and eventually get to the trials, like I mentioned I'm not very familiar with modern Ninja Gaiden so it feels really hard at first.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Burritoprime said:

Thank you very much, I'm somewhat new to modern Ninja Gaiden so I don't have much idea of what I'm doing, I played a bit of each in the collection and 2 is my favorite followed by the first one, NG3 feels really unforgiving, anyways thank you very much for all the tips I really want to plat this game this time.

Thank you so much, I'm gonna keep all that in mind as I play and eventually get to the trials, like I mentioned I'm not very familiar with modern Ninja Gaiden so it feels really hard at first.

We dare not speak of Ninja Gaiden 3 or Razor's Edge for that matter. 

Ninja Gaiden 3 is not only slap in the face to the fans of the games, but more-so "cheap hard", than actually hard. For instance, Ultimate Ninja difficulty is stupid as Hell to the highest degree in the Vanilla version of Ninja Gaiden 3 and I mean that in the literal sense. Full stop. It is...*sigh*, so bad man, it is that bad. Razor's Edge on Ultimate Ninja is still bullsh*t in some areas despite having the Eclipse Scythe 360T spin-to-win. They took the scrub glitch out of the PS4 version so you basically have to wait until Day 3-4 to get a maxed out ES. All-in-all, NG3 is trash and so is RE. If you love yourself, just wipe both games from your memory and move on.

9 hours ago, IzunaGaiden said:

Only the vita version are impossible with IA, the ps4 are hard but possible 

Basically, yes.

• Like 2

@IzunaGaiden Press down on the d-pad to switch characters.

@Burritoprime Sorry for the late response, there's only 2 AI loadouts you should consider using Rachel or Ryu wielding the Blade of the Archfiend (Dual Katana Swords). Rachel's machine gun makes short work of enemies, and can be target cancelled for devastating effect. Rachel can shoot whilst moving so she's not a sitting duck, and she has the ability to twirl which makes her invulnerable to damage. 

As for general tips about the game, I'm not sure how knowledge-able you are with the game or your current skillset but I'd strongly advise you to watch the following playlists from the PS3 Version which will apply to the PS4 Version as well. The damage done in the videos below are from Master Ninja difficulty on PS3 therefore the damage done by these combos will be less than the PS4 one.

As far as the tutorial playlist is concerned, the most effective thing to learn is how to bunny hop (Wind Path) correctly. This will help you tremendously against regular enemies, and it carries over to Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Shuriken cancelling is very important as well because it allow you to cancel the recovery frames of your attack so you can attack again quicker.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me either through PSN, or PM me on PSNP. The key with any Ninja Gaiden is to play smart not hard. The most important aspect about NGS2 specifically is defence, if you know how to defend/block dash to avoid taking damage. It doesn't matter what weapon you use because the same prinicple applies, the only thing that changes is the combo you use to deal damage.

If you know the best combo for each enemy/boss you can literally melt their health bars in a matter of seconds, the best example I can give you is this video against Marbus, 1 combo on Master Ninja difficulty shredding 50% off his health on the PS3 version, on Acolyte difficulty it shreds around 75-80% of his health.

Optimal Boss strategies (17 Videos in Playlist)

Fundamental Tutorials (With Commentary) (53 Videos in Playlist)

@ruexnimbus Rachel's best attacks are actually Square, Square, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle or Square, Square, Dash Cancel, Square, Square, Square, Gun Cancel. 

Rachel Vs Zedonius (Laser Combo was Square, Square, Dash Cancel, Square, Square, Dash Cancel, Square, Square, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle.

Rachel Vs Volf (Combo used Square, Square, Dash Cancel, Square, Square, Square, Gun Cancel)

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, LancashireLad87 said:

@IzunaGaiden Press down on the d-pad to switch characters.

@Burritoprime Sorry for the late response, there's only 2 AI loadouts you should consider using Rachel or Ryu wielding the Blade of the Archfiend (Dual Katana Swords). Rachel's machine gun makes short work of enemies, and can be target cancelled for devastating effect. Rachel can shoot whilst moving so she's not a sitting duck, and she has the ability to twirl which makes her invulnerable to damage. 

As for general tips about the game, I'm not sure how knowledge-able you are with the game or your current skillset but I'd strongly advise you to watch the following playlists from the PS3 Version which will apply to the PS4 Version as well. The damage done in the videos below are from Master Ninja difficulty on PS3 therefore the damage done by these combos will be less than the PS4 one.

As far as the tutorial playlist is concerned, the most effective thing to learn is how to bunny hop (Wind Path) correctly. This will help you tremendously against regular enemies, and it carries over to Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Shuriken cancelling is very important as well because it allow you to cancel the recovery frames of your attack so you can attack again quicker.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me either through PSN, or PM me on PSNP. The key with any Ninja Gaiden is to play smart not hard. The most important aspect about NGS2 specifically is defence, if you know how to defend/block dash to avoid taking damage. It doesn't matter what weapon you use because the same prinicple applies, the only thing that changes is the combo you use to deal damage.

If you know the best combo for each enemy/boss you can literally melt their health bars in a matter of seconds, the best example I can give you is this video against Marbus, 1 combo on Master Ninja difficulty shredding 50% off his health on the PS3 version, on Acolyte difficulty it shreds around 75-80% of his health.

Optimal Boss strategies (17 Videos in Playlist)

Fundamental Tutorials (With Commentary) (53 Videos in Playlist)

@ruexnimbus Rachel's best attacks are actually Square, Square, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle or Square, Square, Dash Cancel, Square, Square, Square, Gun Cancel. 

Rachel Vs Zedonius (Laser Combo was Square, Square, Dash Cancel, Square, Square, Dash Cancel, Square, Square, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle.

Rachel Vs Volf (Combo used Square, Square, Dash Cancel, Square, Square, Square, Gun Cancel)

Thank you very much, that was more than helpful, the videos you provided gave an idea of what I should be doing, I'm currently halfway through the game and now l have a good idea of what I should be doing, the hardest part for me was stop playing Ninja Gaiden like Devil May Cry and block, now I stay away from enemies, wait until they attack and punish them and so on, after doing this the game became much, much more fun, I've been using the Lunar Staff and loving it, thank you very much for all the great tips, I played this game on PS3 many years ago and gave up for not understanding the battle system, now I really feel like I can finally platinum the game thanks to all the help here.

@x410xDragon I played each game a bit to get a feel and RE felt the most unforgiving, that mech spider took me a good 8 or 10 tries and that on normal, can't even think about higher difficulties, regular trash enemies defend 70% of your attacks most of the time while getting spammed to death with projectiles, I read someone saying that the game becomes much more bearable on Chapter Challenge, but tbh I didn't think it was really bad, just cheap with artificial difficulty, I intend to platinum it someday, I didn't know that RE is an upgraded version...Can't really imagine the literal cheap shit it was before, don't know if it's the real reason but it feels like it killed the franchise, really hope we get a Ninja Gaiden IV this generation, the franchise itself is amazing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Burritoprime said:

@x410xDragon I played each game a bit to get a feel and RE felt the most unforgiving, that mech spider took me a good 8 or 10 tries and that on normal, can't even think about higher difficulties, regular trash enemies defend 70% of your attacks most of the time while getting spammed to death with projectiles, I read someone saying that the game becomes much more bearable on Chapter Challenge, but tbh I didn't think it was really bad, just cheap with artificial difficulty, I intend to platinum it someday, I didn't know that RE is an upgraded version...Can't really imagine the literal cheap shit it was before, don't know if it's the real reason but it feels like it killed the franchise, really hope we get a Ninja Gaiden IV this generation, the franchise itself is amazing. 

NG3 Vanilla has it easier during some sections on Ultimate Ninja difficulty while Razor's Edge cranked it up higher in those respective areas. For example, the Spider Tank you mentioned in Day 1? He has back up in the Vanilla version of NG3, alchemists follow afterwards in the alley. In Razor's Edge they removed the back up during the Spider Tank boss. During Day 4, they spawn active camo guys up the yin-yang and the alchemists, in Razor's Edge you get Van-Gelfs. Both games are a hot mess. 

Eh.....the game is still trash, regardless. Days 1-2 are about the worst designed levels in both games by far since you have no upgrades, barely any health, and your resources are practically nonexistent, especially in the Vanilla version. The female characters are okay in Razor's Edge, but aren't really needed. Days 1, 2, 4, and towards the end of 5 are an absolute nightmare in Ng3 vanilla before the boss at the end as even with the ES as enemies are just constantly coming to the point it is unfair. Do not even get me started on the final boss during Day 6 on Ultimate Ninja difficulty. Oh and Ayane's level on UN....omg...

Edited by x410xDragon
Error.
  • Like 2