Cipher Numbers

Deathy-me

Just found out that if you go into the activity cards, select "Show Goals", then select the "Analysis of (Insert Biome)" and then select "Collect all ciphers" you can see wich cipher (with number) you are still missing. For example goal (cipher) 9 in Echoruins or goal (cipher) 2,7,20 in Abyssal scar.

Here my question: does anybody know wich cipher is wich number? 

Because with this you can find the rooms you are missing pretty easily and can optimize cipher hunting further.

Am close to completing returnal with 9 ciphers left but i will keep track wich cipher is wich.

Edit:

Had the game open, pressed the home Button and selected the card with the white user icon wich said activitys. That's where i found the cipher numbers.

Edit2: tested it out again and I didn't show me wich number I was missing. It only shows up if the "Analytics of (Insert Biome)" is under "currently running".

Under "available" it doesn't show wich number you are missing.

(Sorry for possible translation mistakes, my settings are on german, might have other names in english)

Edited by Deathy-me
Explanation where i found the information
  • Like 3

Found the room i was missing in the  Crimson Waste biome, it's the very rare room numbered 15 in the collectible guide from Optinooby. According to my activity card that's goal 12.

Others:

Fractured waste
Goal 2= Optinooby guide cipher 6
Abyssal scar
Goal 7= Optinooby guide cipher 2
Goal 20= Optinooby guide cipher 4

Edited by Deathy-me
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much. you are lifesaver. I noticed this too recently. While I was grinding for last cipher in crimson wastes,  I saw that ps5 lists ciphers with numbers through activity cards.  I have the same missing cipher in crimson wastes which was numbered as 12 in activity cards. But I didn't know which cipher was #12 as activity card suggested. Thanks to you I know which cipher I'm going for. However this game exhausted me today since I made over 30 runs just for that particular very rare cipher in crimson wastes but no luck so far. I need to find two more ciphers in biome 3 and 6. I really doubt whether I can maintain my desire and determination to platinum this game although I really love it since I started playing.

Edited by DarkBoyx32

I've noticed the numbering as well, however it was pointed out to me that it actually doesn't mean anything (ciphers are numbered, but can be in any room)

That's what I was told... I have no idea if it actually is or not, randomizing stuff seems to be done deliberately in this game so it would make sense if the ciphers are truly 'random' as well, but I'm not 100% sure

Biome 2's 'sand hand' room was #18 I believe... If that's a help for future references

Other than that I'd say to play offline, it seems to trigger rarer rooms more often (rare rooms = less people played it = less of their 'ghosts' = game let's you encounter it even more less because it doesn't add much to your run, even playing co-op could make it spawn less) and rush the biomes, for my last 4 ciphers in Biome 6 I needed a week... Just plainly rush through Biome 4, immediately go to 6, and rush through it, the only thing I'd stop for was the possibility to get a weapon (Electropylon or Tachy or whatever) to at least clear some rooms in 6, but after some 50ish runs u literally stop caring about anything & just stare blindly at trying to find a cipher

• Like 1

it is relieving to see others support who experienced same grind.  I think game categorizes ciphers in certain order and of course it is same for everyone. Issue here is that you can't link this numbered list with ciphers in game unless someone who tracked them before tells you their place. Thanks for the tips by the way. I generally do my runs offline and avoid fighting especially If I know which cipher I'm missing. I've done around 30 runs today and I was offline in almost all of those runs. Biome 6 is where I tend to clear some rooms and play carefully due to being weak there. 

Edited by DarkBoyx32

13 hours ago, DarkBoyx32 said:

Thank you so much. you are lifesaver. I noticed this too recently. While I was grinding for last cipher in crimson wastes,  I saw that ps5 lists ciphers with numbers through activity cards.  I have the same missing cipher in crimson wastes which was numbered as 12 in activity cards. But I didn't know which cipher was #12 as activity card suggested. Thanks to you I know which cipher I'm going for. However this game exhausted me today since I made over 30 runs just for that particular very rare cipher in crimson wastes but no luck so far. I need to find two more ciphers in biome 3 and 6. I really doubt whether I can maintain my desire and determination to platinum this game although I really love it since I started playing.

I wish you luck and hope you use this strategy shown in this video (that's cipher 12 btw), it also could be the first room so you have to go through the whole 3rd part of biome 2. One run shouldn't take longer than max 10min.

https://youtu.be/WvJ2Rx22eis?si=O9t-xIZLcZvT_Frr

12 hours ago, AdruA said:

I've noticed the numbering as well, however it was pointed out to me that it actually doesn't mean anything (ciphers are numbered, but can be in any room)

That's what I was told... I have no idea if it actually is or not, randomizing stuff seems to be done deliberately in this game so it would make sense if the ciphers are truly 'random' as well, but I'm not 100% sure

Biome 2's 'sand hand' room was #18 I believe... If that's a help for future references

Other than that I'd say to play offline, it seems to trigger rarer rooms more often (rare rooms = less people played it = less of their 'ghosts' = game let's you encounter it even more less because it doesn't add much to your run, even playing co-op could make it spawn less) and rush the biomes, for my last 4 ciphers in Biome 6 I needed a week... Just plainly rush through Biome 4, immediately go to 6, and rush through it, the only thing I'd stop for was the possibility to get a weapon (Electropylon or Tachy or whatever) to at least clear some rooms in 6, but after some 50ish runs u literally stop caring about anything & just stare blindly at trying to find a cipher

The rooms are random, the ciphers not (every cipher has their own room). There is a collectible guide by Optinooby wich shows all ciphers and logs. I maybe will go back on another account and get all ciphers and arrange them according to their activity card numbers. I also don't think that the cipher numbers in the activity cards are random cause then it wouldn't make any sense that cipher 15 (Optinooby guide) is number 12. If they just went from 20 to 1 then yes.

I can make a guide with cross-reference to @Optinooby’s collectible guide. I have a save with all permanent upgrades with 0 collectibles picked up. 

If you are missing only a few to platinum playing with me is probably going to be faster. Once again I have another save with cipher #15 and #19 in biome 2 (based on Optinooby’s guide number) you can get them from my game.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, archangeltw_ said:

I can make a guide with cross-reference to @Optinooby’s collectible guide. I have a save with all permanent upgrades with 0 collectibles picked up. 

If you are missing only a few to platinum playing with me is probably going to be faster. Once again I have another save with cipher #15 and #19 in biome 2 (based on Optinooby’s guide number) you can get them from my game.

I can add them to the guide and credit you, i just dont have the time to find out myself.

I dunno why i never noticed this activity card thing myself, guess i never pay much notice to them

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deathy-me said:

I wish you luck and hope you use this strategy shown in this video (that's cipher 12 btw), it also could be the first room so you have to go through the whole 3rd part of biome 2. One run shouldn't take longer than max 10min.

https://youtu.be/WvJ2Rx22eis?si=O9t-xIZLcZvT_Frr

The rooms are random, the ciphers not (every cipher has their own room). There is a collectible guide by Optinooby wich shows all ciphers and logs. I maybe will go back on another account and get all ciphers and arrange them according to their activity card numbers. I also don't think that the cipher numbers in the activity cards are random cause then it wouldn't make any sense that cipher 15 (Optinooby guide) is number 12. If they just went from 20 to 1 then yes.

Ooops can cipher #15 on @Optinooby guide be on first room? I've mostly checked last few rooms so far. I thought #15 always appears in the room before final room in 3rd area. That's why my each run lasts as much as 5 min in crimson wastes

1 hour ago, archangeltw_ said:

Of course we can play together, You can also help me find two other ciphers (one in biome 3 and the other one is cipher #2 in biome 6 according to @Optinooby guide if you are willing to do so. 

Edited by DarkBoyx32

I have just checked my save, I have the rarest two ciphers in Biome 2. They are number 12 and 14 in the activity card (PS system). If you need the two you can come to my game through coop to pick them up @DarkBoyx32

Biome 2 cipher #12 and #14 in the activity card is equal to #15 and #19 in Optinooby’s collectible guide.

Huge thanks to @Deathy-me for finding this out:awesome:

17 minutes ago, archangeltw_ said:

I have just checked my save, I have the rarest two ciphers in Biome 2. They are number 12 and 14 in the activity card (PS system). If you need the two you can come to my game through coop to pick them up @DarkBoyx32

Biome 2 cipher #12 and #14 in the activity card is equal to #15 and #19 in Optinooby’s collectible guide.

Huge thanks to @Deathy-me for finding this out:awesome:

Thx for confirmimg my theory. My activity card number 12 also was guide cipher 15. Can also help in finding ciphers, might take me a week for them all. Or we split biomes, one does 1-3 the other 4-6. 

11 minutes ago, Deathy-me said:

Thx for confirmimg my theory. My activity card number 12 also was guide cipher 15. Can also help in finding ciphers, might take me a week for them all. Or we split biomes, one does 1-3 the other 4-6. 

I am not sure which’s more efficient I am very familiar with all biomes so I will do all. Just do whatever you want and we can fill each other’s :)

6 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

I have completed all cipher collectibles today. The first 3 biomes took me about 4 hours; the latter 3 took me less than 3 hours. I am glad that we have finally come to a solution that makes Returnal collectibles grind more efficient. Thanks to @Deathy-me for finding out the secret in the activity cards and @Optinooby’s collectible guide.

To players, if you can’t find the proper activity card just go to another activity card called “Activities (view objectives),” you will find all biome surveys there. And it takes 5-8 seconds to register one collectible onto the activity card after picking up a cipher.

PSNP Guide’s Numbers / Numbers on Activity Card

^ Man, I wish I'd held out on this game another week.  This would've helped cut down the abuse of my time on those seeming rng collectibles so much.  

For gamers who are grinding the collectibles in the future, does it matter if you're online or offline?  I read conflicting opinions for my grind, but collected ciphers in both modes.

6 minutes ago, Virtua_Vince said:

^ Man, I wish I'd held out on this game another week.  This would've helped cut down the abuse of my time on those seeming rng collectibles so much.  

For gamers who are grinding the collectibles in the future, does it matter if you're online or offline?  I read conflicting opinions for my grind, but collected ciphers in both modes.

I have platinumed the game 3 times on different accounts all online including today's runs. And I have been holding sessions on psnp helping other players finding collectibles through co-op. Those who claimed playing offline helps collecting collectibles only platinum the game one time, and they are lack of scientific supports. But it doesn't hurt if playing offline makes anyone feeling better.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

I have completed all cipher collectibles today. The first 3 biomes took me about 4 hours; the latter 3 took me less than 3 hours. I am glad that we have finally come to a solution that makes Returnal collectibles grind more efficient. Thanks to @Deathy-me for finding out the secret in the activity cards and @Optinooby’s collectible guide.

To players, if you can’t find the proper activity card just go to another activity card called “Activities (view objectives),” you will find all biome surveys there. And it takes 5-8 seconds to register one collectible onto the activity card after picking up a cipher.

PSNP Guide’s Numbers / Numbers on Activity Card

Biome 1

1 / 9

2 / 3

3 / 6

4 / 10

5 / 7

6 / 1

7 / 5

8 / 8

9 / 2

10 / 4

Biome 2

1 / 17

2 / 2

3 / 7

4 / 4

5 / 3

6 / 5

7 / 20

8 / 8

9 / 6

10 / 1

11 / 18

12 / 9

13 / 11

14 / 13

15 / 12

16 / 14

17 / 10

18 / 15

19 / 17

20 / 16

Biome 3

1 / 5

2 / 6

3 / 11

4 / 10

5 / 9

6 / 14

7 / 3

8 / 12

9 / 4

10 / 2

11 / 1

12 / 15

13 / 13

14 / 8

15 / 7

Biome 4

1 / 3

2 / 12

3 / 5

4 / 13

5 / 10

6 / 11

7 / 8

8 / 6

9 / 4

10 / 9

11 / 7

12 / 15

13 / 14

14 / 2

15 / 1

Biome 5

1 / 10

2 / 9

3 / 2

4 / 7

5 / 8

6 / 2

7 / 4

8 / 3

9 / 5

10 / 6

Biome 6

1 / 16

2 / 7

3 / 15

4 / 20

5 / 4

6 / 14

7 / 11

8 / 8

9 / 5

10 / 9

11 / 17

12 / 1

13 / 2

14 / 12

15 / 19

16 / 13

17 / 3

18 / 18

19 / 6

20 / 10

Thx for getting them all, sorry i couldn't help further. Hope this lessens the pain to grind for the ciphers for others ☺️

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Deathy-me said:

Thx for getting them all, sorry i couldn't help further. Hope this lessens the pain to grind for the ciphers for others ☺️

No worries. I enjoy playing Returnal every single second.

1 hour ago, Eidstad-thats-me said:

Waited on the rest of the collectables after i saw this thread. This is definitely gonna be a huge help @archangeltw_. fantastic work  👏🫡 

Glad helps. The guide author will update the collectible guide very soon

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

May somebody can tell me if there are still glitching Trophies?
Played the game in the beginning of '23, as i finished some runs i paused until now.

Since some days I play again and was able to find some missing stuff without any guides so far.

when i look inside the game stats, i see that i found all the cyphers and Audilogs, aswell the Archive, the wasn't popping.
After i checked the guide if there is a log later or something, as i can see, when i remember correct now, the Logs are 35 up to 43, i have all of them.
The Activity tell me that i have 98% but one missing AudioLog.

so can pls tell me someone that i really missed something, instead restarting the game, that would be horrible, i only need one last Sunface, have all flowers in the tower so i think i am able to finish the DLC also, only waited because it's more story.

But i don't wanna invest more time when i have to restart so or so...

5 minutes ago, Suntropology said:

May somebody can tell me if there are still glitching Trophies?
Played the game in the beginning of '23, as i finished some runs i paused until now.

Since some days I play again and was able to find some missing stuff without any guides so far.

when i look inside the game stats, i see that i found all the cyphers and Audilogs, aswell the Archive, the wasn't popping.
After i checked the guide if there is a log later or something, as i can see, when i remember correct now, the Logs are 35 up to 43, i have all of them.
The Activity tell me that i have 98% but one missing AudioLog.

so can pls tell me someone that i really missed something, instead restarting the game, that would be horrible, i only need one last Sunface, have all flowers in the tower so i think i am able to finish the DLC also, only waited because it's more story.

But i don't wanna invest more time when i have to restart so or so...

There are no glitching trophies. At least I had none, check your audio logs and use the collectible guide from Optinooby. There you can see wich log is missing and where to find it. For the sunfragments, Look wich you are missing and run through the biome, i had good rng or they made them way easier to get and got them in 1-5 runs.

Edited by Deathy-me

40 minutes ago, Deathy-me said:

There are no glitching trophies. At least I had none, check your audio logs and use the collectible guide from Optinooby. There you can see wich log is missing and where to find it. For the sunfragments, Look wich you are missing and run through the biome, i had good rng or they made them way easier to get and got them in 1-5 runs.

Like I said, i found the Sunfragments without any guides, thats not the Problem.

I have all Audiologs and Cyphers in Biome 4, the Game says.
Im at work for the moment, will check the missing Number but i watched yesterday the guide because i have all cyphers an thought when i found the last it should popp...

the guide is in the Biome 4 from Log 35 to 43 when i remember correct... Those i do have all...
They are chronological in the guide...
But i will check it once more when i'm home...

37 minutes ago, Suntropology said:

Like I said, i found the Sunfragments without any guides, thats not the Problem.

I have all Audiologs and Cyphers in Biome 4, the Game says.
Im at work for the moment, will check the missing Number but i watched yesterday the guide because i have all cyphers an thought when i found the last it should popp...

the guide is in the Biome 4 from Log 35 to 43 when i remember correct... Those i do have all...
They are chronological in the guide...
But i will check it once more when i'm home...

Aaaaaaah oki, for the survey trophy to pop you have to collect all ciphers, scout logs, completly scan the Xeno-Archive and clear one challenge room (they are the yellow doors with a star above it). That should pop the trophy☺️

5 hours ago, Deathy-me said:

Aaaaaaah oki, for the survey trophy to pop you have to collect all ciphers, scout logs, completly scan the Xeno-Archive and clear one challenge room (they are the yellow doors with a star above it). That should pop the trophy☺️

and that's the problem...

I have done all this...

the activity tab means I still miss Part 11 in the Log file Tab...

but I do have all Files...

sorry for misunderstanding, my English is not that well aged as I did... 🤗🤣

but when the list above is a chronological one than I do miss a thing for sure... the video showed the echo ruins only 8 ore something, there are more... maybe I misunderstood a thing, will try again now...

Edit: keke the one I miss is 56... GOD... this one appears after the sixth Housescene... great man...  

🤣🤗

Edited by Suntropology