"Snake Eyes" trophy won't pop no matter what. Only trophy left for platinum.

So I've earned every single trophy for Snake Eater ps4 including Foxhound, the only trophy remains for platinum is Snake Eyes, I've attempted this atleast 20-25 times on 2 separate save files. I know that the ps4 trophies for mgs3 are bugged asf, had to reload my save countless times to get Foxhound and Markhor trophy. Did face some bugs with other trophies as well but they eventually popped after closing and starting the game and doing the required action again. But I don't understand what's wrong with this particular trophy, any tip or advice is appreciated.

Back in the day, the PS3 HD version had a glitch with the Snake Eyes trophy and it wouldn’t unlock if you had a certain non-HD TV screen or used a PAL region copy. As far as I know that glitch was never patched but there were a few workarounds. You don’t suppose that bug has been grandfathered into this version since they both use the same base?

Edited by bikeman223

19 hours ago, Sgt_DeltaWagon said:

So I've earned every single trophy for Snake Eater ps4 including Foxhound, the only trophy remains for platinum is Snake Eyes, I've attempted this atleast 20-25 times on 2 separate save files. I know that the ps4 trophies for mgs3 are bugged asf, had to reload my save countless times to get Foxhound and Markhor trophy. Did face some bugs with other trophies as well but they eventually popped after closing and starting the game and doing the required action again. But I don't understand what's wrong with this particular trophy, any tip or advice is appreciated.

In the torture room did you hold R1 at all times?There are two hidden scenes, one that Snake sees the Boss (if I recall correctly) and one where you see The Sorrow showing you the frequency to unlock the cell door. Those happen too close to each other.

Edited by athanasios_osfp

3 hours ago, athanasios_osfp said:

In the torture room did you hold R1 at all times?There are two hidden scenes, one that Snake sees the Boss (if I recall correctly) and one where you see The Sorrow showing you the frequency to unlock the cell door. Those happen too close to each other.

Yes I did, watched all 6 of the hidden cutscenes on 3 separate playthroughs now. Had my finger glued to R1 during each cutscene.

1. On the top of the mountain where you can see the sorrow with boss, volgin and ocelot, and after that eva doing the ocelot hand gesture.

2. After the torture sequence where boss does the ocelot hands thing.

3. After seeing volgin burn and fry to death you can see sorrow behind eva.

4. After the boss is gone her horse appears and you can see sorrow and boss together.

5. Ocelot behind mr. president.

6. Boss' grave when snake is teary eyed and saluting.

I think I might give up on this stupid ass port, too much of a "Master Collection" for me. F Konami and all the shills defending this crap.

spacer.png

I got Snake Eyes no problem while barely trying, the funny thing is I didn't get the "cat's out of the bag" which I thought would be mandatory and gotten together with "Snake Eyes" but apparently seeing Ocelot behind the president was not needed.. I got it by re-loading and watching the scene again. I agree that the trophies are bugged as hell though, still missing many that clearly I should have gotten many times(Various boss kills, believe it or not, medical plants, mushrooms and birds to name a few..) I think the Master Collection is exactly what it says it is and have no problem with it, apart from buggy trophies, which is a sort of minor complaint in the grand scheme of things, but annoying nonetheless.

I'm missing it too. I recommend doing a previous save file before and after every cutscene  till the end, do not save anywhere else. Is problematic but the glitch Is really random at happening.

My theory Is that everytime you call paramedic, the glitch happens AND messes up the save file. The first trophy i got bugged was from the Paradox ocelot death AND i saved before doing it, trophy didn't unlock. I reloaded AND nothing, i closed the game, nothing, then save again on another file, reloaded AND trophy popped. 

Also, make a new save file everytime you save, do not overwrite, so you ay least should have kinda 10 savefiles 

10 minutes ago, AngelMCZ said:

I'm missing it too. I recommend doing a previous save file before and after every cutscene  till the end, do not save anywhere else. Is problematic but the glitch Is really random at happening.

My theory Is that everytime you call paramedic, the glitch happens AND messes up the save file. The first trophy i got bugged was from the Paradox ocelot death AND i saved before doing it, trophy didn't unlock. I reloaded AND nothing, i closed the game, nothing, then save again on another file, reloaded AND trophy popped. 

Also, make a new save file everytime you save, do not overwrite, so you ay least should have kinda 10 savefiles 

Yeah I dunno, I've wasted more time attempting this particular trophy than getting the Foxhound rank (which at the most, must've taken about 6-8hrs). I thought 1.30 would fix the trophy related bugs but it clearly didn't. I wanted to get Mgs3 platinum for my 20th platinum, but I don't know if I have the energy left in me anymore, I prolly attempt this next year during my semester break. The entire mgs4 plat couldn't have been more frustrating for me more than this stupid trophy

Haha i see, mgs3 platinum gonna be my 7000th trophy. Well if you say semester i Guess you are in college, you are young still AND have the Time. 

Imo many people here got it, anyway you can do a very Easy run AND do the save file process. I wrote to Konami support again and they know patch didn't Solve the trophy stuff, so expect patch 1.4.0

i Unlocked Snake Eyes after resetting the game. i have a save file on the Boss Battle, beat her, Pressed R1 (nothing else) then move to the ocelot duel, left revolver, skip (i did save again on last save point given by the game), i only pressed R1 on the Ocelot cinematic, and only R1 on the graveyard and that unlocked Snake Eyes.

i recommend to everyone to save on Krasnogorje mountaintop before meeting EVA, then After, then on the torture room before and after escape, then on the boss battle, then on the last save point given by the game. if you do not unlock reload and if that doesnt work reset the game. Remember that i do not overwrite i save on another slot.

Good Luck!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Hey Angel first of all congrats for getting this trophy which to me is harder than getting the Foxhound. Secondly, did you move your left analog stick at all during the R1 cutscenes or just kept on holding the R1 button? Also did you skip any of the cutscenes that did not have the hidden cutscenes (for ex- the 2 cutscenes after the last save file, just before the ocelot and graveyard one). You've given me hope, let's see if this works

19 hours ago, AngelMCZ said:

i Unlocked Snake Eyes after resetting the game. i have a save file on the Boss Battle, beat her, Pressed R1 (nothing else) then move to the ocelot duel, left revolver, skip (i did save again on last save point given by the game), i only pressed R1 on the Ocelot cinematic, and only R1 on the graveyard and that unlocked Snake Eyes.

i recommend to everyone to save on Krasnogorje mountaintop before meeting EVA, then After, then on the torture room before and after escape, then on the boss battle, then on the last save point given by the game. if you do not unlock reload and if that doesnt work reset the game. Remember that i do not overwrite i save on another slot.

Good Luck!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Sgt_DeltaWagon

On 11/19/2023 at 2:34 AM, AngelMCZ said:

Good Luck!

spacer.pngspacer.png

I got it, I finally did, this works just fine. Thank you so much AngelMCZ, I got it in first try by following your method, it seems like what I've been doing wrong is using left analog stick to look around which might be the reason the glitch occurs smh. To EVERYONE who is struggling with 'Snake Eyes' just follow what AngelMCZ did, and remember to just press R1 during the cutscenes and nothing else don't even move your analog sticks. Again thanks bro, this trophy kept me waiting.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Sgt_DeltaWagon
  • Like 1

Congratz to all!!

Till final patch, just remember keep differente saves files on any milestone. if Trophy doesnt pop, just reload, if it doesnt either, reset game.

Good gaming to all!

i still have to plat MGS3 cause that will be the 7000 trophy of mine :)