Online still active?

I-Verlicht-I

• 2 months later...
On 11/12/2023 at 4:35 PM, I-Verlicht-I said:

I was wondering if the online is still active.

I completed the grindy part of the online —all the challenges for versus modes— during the last week of December 2023 with three friends. The servers work solid like a rock.

If you’re determined to do so, you’ll  need a total of six players to be able to start games in the versus modes and four players for the invasion mode. You can also reduce the number of players needed if any of you have extra PS3 systems.

On 1/13/2024 at 6:55 AM, Desavenencia said:

I completed the grindy part of the online —all the challenges for versus modes— during the last week of December 2023 with three friends. The servers work solid like a rock.

I'd like to ask a question since your memory is still fresh. Did you play with partners from the same area or was it an international group?

I just ask because I just recently had an experience in a different game, where apparently the online co-op is region locked. But there was no mention of it anywhere. So I'd like to confirm possible issues like these ahead of time since my region by default will make it more difficult to find teammates.

Any chance you can comment on this?

17 hours ago, Ivotas said:

I'd like to ask a question since your memory is still fresh. Did you play with partners from the same area or was it an international group?

I just ask because I just recently had an experience in a different game, where apparently the online co-op is region locked. But there was no mention of it anywhere. So I'd like to confirm possible issues like these ahead of time since my region by default will make it more difficult to find teammates.

Any chance you can comment on this?

As far as I know, Binary Domain doesn’t have the online modes regional blocked. In my group we’re from Spain, Australia and the United States.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Desavenencia said:

As far as I know, Binary Domain doesn’t have the online modes regional blocked. In my group we’re from Spain, Australia and the United States.

Thanks, that's great to know. Wouldn't want to go through the trouble of having region locked multiplayer yet again.^^

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2024 at 3:59 PM, Ivotas said:

Thanks, that's great to know. Wouldn't want to go through the trouble of having region locked multiplayer yet again.^^

Its peer to peer and not region blocked but some players have connection problems due to their NAT type.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Game_Knot said:

Its peer to peer and not region blocked but some players have connection problems due to their NAT type.

I see. I guess that might become an issue for me seeing that I'm in Japan and most likely will not find any other players from this area. Thanks for the info.