How is the game for a free to play?

Dade728883

I would like to try the game, but the combination of Disney and ranked kinda worries me. Are the "win with type character" and the 100 podium races viable as a freetoplay (I have played Crash Team Racing, but I stop there with racers) or characters power creep like crazy? anyone who wanna share their experiences?

thanks in advance to all of you

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing it regularly since it went free to play and I've unlocked well over 20 characters. I've got 20-30 ranked wins with several of them. It's pretty easy to get wins and podiums with low-ranked characters, all of the trophies are pretty straightforward.

• Like 1

As a massive CTR fan, I must say that I really enjoy Disney Speedstorm, have been playing it since it became F2P. Once you get the hang of it, the game becomes quite fun to unlocking racers, crew members and season pass and the trophies are pretty straightforward to unlock, even if understandably it requires some level of skill and luck for some. My advice would be to enjoy it without thinking too much about the trophies, most of them shall come naturally from unlocking stuff (sure, it would be better if you play a little each day).

• Like 1

Anyone who starts playing this season should have an easier time getting all of the trophies because upgrade resources and character shards are much easier to acquire now.  According to the game's discord, they're working on a split version of the multiplayer box, so when that comes out (it's currently "delayed indefinitely"), you'll be able to focus on spending your multiplayer coins on the box with avatars and mottos for those trophies.

• 4 months later...
On 11/14/2023 at 9:39 PM, GoonerLukeThe said:

I've almost got the 100% of trophies completely as free to play but you have to play on it each day pretty much for a few hours at a time, it can soon get boring

Why do we have to play it every day for a few hours? To complete daily challenges? I was thinking of downloading it but to play it every now and then without pressure...

22 minutes ago, Manilu-08 said:

Why do we have to play it every day for a few hours? To complete daily challenges? I was thinking of downloading it but to play it every now and then without pressure...

It's likely because of the "Perfectly Poised" and "Framed" trophies: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/18212-disney-speedstorm-trophy-guide#14-perfectly-poised, https://psnprofiles.com/guide/18212-disney-speedstorm-trophy-guide#18-framed

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Manilu-08 said:

just to get the max out of everything the game offers, each season and the challenges/timed challenges

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DakotaKai_fan20 said:

It is easy. I am saving about ten trophies for next month. For 30 ranked wins, I am a few wins away. My strategy, use level one racers.

'

if you have experience with this game then low level racers online against noobs is the way to go, great tactic :) you pretty much win every time