PSA: Warning... Meeting trophy requirements in Custom Shows may lock you out of trophies.

Apostrophe

That is a very helful tip, more helpful than the dev team has ever been. I personally didnt have any issues with the trophies you mentioned. But I'm having issue with the veteran status trophy. Any idea if this would affect trophies like veteran status where you have to qualify from 500 rounds?

• Like 2

I just earned "One Giant Leap" last night for 100 rounds, so it'll be a while before I reach Veteran, but seeing as how that one popped for me, I can only predict that as long as your 500th round isn't a Custom one, it should be fine. I am avoiding all Customs now until the rest of my trophies pop, just in case.

Right now, I'm thinking I've also screwed myself out of "Track Star" by possibly earning my 20th win on a trophy-ineligible round, as I really feel like I should have gotten that one by now. I think I'll give it one more day of trying.

I'm hypothesizing that your account saves everything you do numerically, and then the game checks to see if you're reached that exact number in order to win the trophy, instead of checking for that number or greater.

So for example, we'll use the variable varNumofRaceWins.

When you win a race, code is run such as:

If varNumofRaceWins = 20 then AwardTrophy7

But let's say you won your 20th race when you're ineligible for a trophy, such as in Customs.  Then the code isn't run. When you later win a race in Solo, the code runs and sees that you now won, say, 22 races. Well, that's not 20, so you don't get the trophy. And since you can't reset the number you won to start again, you're screwed.

The easiest fix would be for Epic to use code such as the following to check for 20 or more:

If varNumofRaceWins >= 20 then...

But that seems to be too much work for them to tweak to fix their game.

1 hour ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

I'm pretty certain the same happened to me with Show off, and maybe even the 500 one. I made a new epic account and have avoided custom altogether should be getting show off tomorrow or the day after

57 minutes ago, Apostrophe said:

I just earned "One Giant Leap" last night for 100 rounds, so it'll be a while before I reach Veteran, but seeing as how that one popped for me, I can only predict that as long as your 500th round isn't a Custom one, it should be fine. I am avoiding all Customs now until the rest of my trophies pop, just in case.

Right now, I'm thinking I've also screwed myself out of "Track Star" by possibly earning my 20th win on a trophy-ineligible round, as I really feel like I should have gotten that one by now. I think I'll give it one more day of trying.

I'm hypothesizing that your account saves everything you do numerically, and then the game checks to see if you're reached that exact number in order to win the trophy, instead of checking for that number or greater.

So for example, we'll use the variable varNumofRaceWins.

When you win a race, code is run such as:

If varNumofRaceWins = 20 then AwardTrophy7

But let's say you won your 20th race when you're ineligible for a trophy, such as in Customs.  Then the code isn't run. When you later win a race in Solo, the code runs and sees that you now won, say, 22 races. Well, that's not 20, so you don't get the trophy. And since you can't reset the number you won to start again, you're screwed.

The easiest fix would be for Epic to use code such as the following to check for 20 or more:

If varNumofRaceWins >= 20 then...

But that seems to be too much work for them to tweak to fix their game.

Thank you both. I have unlinked my psn and linked it to my new account now. My understanding is that the surefire way to avoid custom matches is to play squads or duos. Is that the way to go?

I also want to mention that I got track star and golden guy both during creator made shows/rounds (I just checked my trophies clips that PSN auto saves) but this was back in June so I am not sure how that worked. However I never got the veteran status trophy even though Epic support confirmed to me that I met the requirement already way back in July as per their data.

Edited by nani11421

4 minutes ago, Apostrophe said:

When you go to choose your gameplay mode, up at the top it says "Live Shows" and "Custom Shows". Avoid Custom. I can't say off-hand if there is anything else that should be avoided, but I've been sticking to Solo and Squad for now.

Yea got it, what I wanted to know was what about the custom rounds that show up in solos? They are not showing up in solos as of now due to some technical issue but usually the solos also have some custom rounds. I'm wondering if those affect anything.

I'm not sure, I don't think I've played long enough to see them...; Are you talking about Creator Shows? I think Creator Shows should be okay (after all, I got "Infallible" by playing the "Splitspeed" Creator course five times in a row.)

I'm talking Custom shows as in the private ones that are hosted by players and you need a passcode to join. Those have trophies disabled as to prevent boosting among friends.

Edited by Apostrophe
Correct name of show

1 minute ago, Apostrophe said:

I'm not sure, I don't think I've played long enough to see them...; Are you talking about Creator Shows? I think Creator Shows should be okay (after all, I got "Infallible" by playing the "Speedster" Creator course five times in a row.)

I'm talking Custom shows as in the private ones that are hosted by players and you need a passcode to join. Those have trophies disabled as to prevent boosting among friends.

Yes I was talking about creator shows my bad. Thanks for clearing it up.

I can 99% confirm that it does have something to do with playing custom shows (the ones you need a code for/can play by yourself)

Last time I would have been farming "Lane Changers" and I locked myself out of Show off (even if I won singles with custom punchline it didn't work) but this time I only played solo/creator rounds (the ones on the same page as solo rounds) and was able to get show off after finishing a creator made round.

On 11/16/2023 at 8:35 AM, SpaceIsDandy said:

I can 99% confirm that it does have something to do with playing custom shows (the ones you need a code for/can play by yourself)

Last time I would have been farming "Lane Changers" and I locked myself out of Show off (even if I won singles with custom punchline it didn't work) but this time I only played solo/creator rounds (the ones on the same page as solo rounds) and was able to get show off after finishing a creator made round.

How did you get a Celebration on your throwaway account to get "Show Off"?  Or did you just give in and spend the money on Show-Bucks to buy one?  Celebrations don't seem to be purchasable with Kudos and "Show Off" is one of the last four trophies I need which I screwed myself over on using my main account.  (The others being "Squad Goals", "Down to the Wire" and "Low Baller"...which really sucks that you can't choose which games you want to play being that Fall Balls shows up extremely rarely in the course of regular game play.)

1 hour ago, Apostrophe said:

How did you get a Celebration on your throwaway account to get "Show Off"?  Or did you just give in and spend the money on Show-Bucks to buy one?  Celebrations don't seem to be purchasable with Kudos and "Show Off" is one of the last four trophies I need which I screwed myself over on using my main account.  (The others being "Squad Goals", "Down to the Wire" and "Low Baller"...which really sucks that you can't choose which games you want to play being that Fall Balls shows up extremely rarely in the course of regular game play.)

Bite the bullet and did dailies for months to get 600 showbucks free 

On 11/14/2023 at 8:38 PM, Apostrophe said:

So I want to preface this with saying that I never played any version of Fall Guys until the PS5 Ultimate Knockout a couple weeks ago.  Not the old version, not on the PS4 or PC, just none of them.  Many months back, a streamer that I would play with had mentioned one day trying Fall Guys, so I downloaded the PS5 version and it sat here on my drive waiting to be played until he was ready to play it.  Months went by waiting for him and all I did was collect the free Twitch Prime costumes.

Eventually, about a month ago, a different streamer that I watch decided she was going to play with viewers, so I finally booted it up.  I immediately got "Shopping Spree" from all the Twitch Prime outfits I had added to my account, and then "Snowflake" for equipping one.  We played a bit in a Custom Shows and I didn't get any more trophies (because you can't earn them in Custom Shows.)

A couple days ago, as I waited for her to go live, I decided to play some regular Solo shows and I naturally started getting trophies for gameplay because I wasn't in a Custom show.  I won "Top Tier" (7 wins) a couple days ago and then "Golden Guy" (20 wins) last night.  But while looking through my trophy list, I noticed that I never earned "Victory!" (Win Your First Episode.)  That's weird, how can I earn the trophies for 7 wins and 20 wins without earning the trophy for one win?

That's when I realized what was happening.  I got my first win in a Custom Show.  The game records that you won your first game, but won't award you a trophy because you're in a Custom show which has trophies disabled.  So later when I played a non-custom show and won a game, the game doesn't register that as "won one game", it sees me as having won two.  So it won't award the trophy.

Last night, I used the "trophy fix trick" by logging into the Epic site and disconnecting my Playstation association and then playing the game without the connection, and I received both "Victory!" and "One Small Trip" from the win.  Though I am currently locked out of "Show Off" due to not having a secondary Celebration that I can use on my bare account and maybe "Flawless Victory" because no matter how hard I tried last night, I couldn't get it to pop...  But I reconnected my main account to my Epic Profile so I got all my stuff back and can continue playing and hopefully deal with those others a different day.

But in the meantime, be wary, if you meet the qualifications for earning a trophy while in a Custom show, you may not be able to unlock it once you're back in regular shows.

I confirm this. With a group we tried to get "Low Baller" in customs shows but we didn't get the trophy, then playing squads I won 1-0 in a qualifier and the trophy didn't pop. I contacted Epic and they told me I had already unlocked the achievement but I never got the trophy, I had to create a new account and I was able to get "Low baller". Don't try playing customs shows for trophies.

This must be the reason why I never got Veteran Status despise having been qualified waaaay more than 500 rounds.

Anyway, I created a second new Epic account, it was at 58 rounds as I decided to count this time around. I just want to be done with this game forever. Screw (Un)Epic Games for ruining this once fantastic game, and screw Mediatonic for being utterly incompetent devs.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

Hey guys, I see that you can unlink your PSN account, but can you link a secondary one to you main Epic account? I have a secondary (PS5 only) Fallguys profile on my system, and it is linked to it's corresponding Epic account. I would like to temporarily unlink both of them, and link the secondary PSN acc to my main Epic. Is this possible? Will I loose any items in any of these profiles? In the end I want to link them back to their original states.

20 minutes ago, adamhun94 said:

Hey guys, I see that you can unlink your PSN account, but can you link a secondary one to you main Epic account? I have a secondary (PS5 only) Fallguys profile on my system, and it is linked to it's corresponding Epic account. I would like to temporarily unlink both of them, and link the secondary PSN acc to my main Epic. Is this possible? Will I loose any items in any of these profiles? In the end I want to link them back to their original states.

I could be wrong, but as I understand it, since all your game progress and purchases are tied to your Epic account, it shouldn't matter which PSN account you have associated with your Epic account, it's going to draw from whatever progress you have tied to that Epic account.  But, I've not personally tested it, so if you're going to do so, do it at your own risk and let us know how things turn out.

23 hours ago, Apostrophe said:

I could be wrong, but as I understand it, since all your game progress and purchases are tied to your Epic account, it shouldn't matter which PSN account you have associated with your Epic account, it's going to draw from whatever progress you have tied to that Epic account.  But, I've not personally tested it, so if you're going to do so, do it at your own risk and let us know how things turn out.

Okay, I tried it. I'm able to unlink and relink the same PSN account to the same Epic account, but unable to swap PSN accounts, I got this error: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/epic-accounts-c5719348850459/connected-accounts-c5719351300507/this-epic-account-was-previously-linked-to-a-different-external-account-error-a5720358502043

Interesting. So basically, a single platform (PSN) account can be linked to multiple Epic accounts, but a single Epic account cannot be linked to multiple accounts on the same platform. Ugh. More and more ways for them to undermine our attempts to fix the issues caused by the glitches they should have fixed in the first place.

That's essentially how you want to do it. Unlink your PSN account from your main Epic Account and then boot up the game. It will create a brand new Epic Account based on your PSN account. Get the glitched trophies with this account. Once you've earned those trophies, you can unlink your PSN account from this secondary Epic Account and link it back up to your main one.

This seems to be the only way to fix the glitch at this point. The way it looks to me is that when you meet the requirements for a trophy, a flag is set in the Epic account saying that you received that trophy. Unfortunately, it's setting this flag even in Custom games (where trophies are disable.) If you should meet the requirements again on that same account, it sees the flag is already set and doesn't run the code to award the trophy. Epic doesn't know this is happening, so they look at the account and see the flag is set that says you already got the trophy. They tell you that you already have the trophy and then consider the issue closed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 4:21 PM, Apostrophe said:

That's essentially how you want to do it. Unlink your PSN account from your main Epic Account and then boot up the game. It will create a brand new Epic Account based on your PSN account. Get the glitched trophies with this account. Once you've earned those trophies, you can unlink your PSN account from this secondary Epic Account and link it back up to your main one.

This seems to be the only way to fix the glitch at this point. The way it looks to me is that when you meet the requirements for a trophy, a flag is set in the Epic account saying that you received that trophy. Unfortunately, it's setting this flag even in Custom games (where trophies are disable.) If you should meet the requirements again on that same account, it sees the flag is already set and doesn't run the code to award the trophy. Epic doesn't know this is happening, so they look at the account and see the flag is set that says you already got the trophy. They tell you that you already have the trophy and then consider the issue closed.

How do you link PSN account to epic account? I don't have epic games on my computer, i just play fall guys from playstation system...

On 12/19/2023 at 9:45 AM, TrafLaw96 said:

How do you link PSN account to epic account? I don't have epic games on my computer, i just play fall guys from playstation system...

the psn account is automatically linked to your first epic account that gets made when you play epic's games, when you try to make a new epic account to trophy hunt you need to log into that first epic games account on the website and unlink the psn in "connections", then make the new epic account with a new email address and connect the psn to that. then once you're done just unlink the new one and link back the old one if you care about the progress of your games from epic (fortnite, rocket league, fall guys).

As a side note, I said this in another post but it seems like the new Discovery Tab isn't giving trophies either, at least when I won the level on a new account it didn't pop anything for me.

Edited by GDGypsy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think I have experienced issues relating to this. Got the platinum in the PS4 version with the aid of the custom shows. Went straight to the PS5 version. No unlock for fame progression even though I was already lvl 40 and a win. So I'm probably locked out of those trophies. Got to lvl 20 so far in this season and no unlocks there. Unlocked more than 10 items in the store too.