Inferno Weapons Farming Guide and game buying advice

cris3f

I wrote one specifically for trophy hunters for 4.1 a few years ago, but EDF 4.1 had a 100% Weapons trophy that could be a nightmare to achieve.

EDF 5 and 6 don't have that one but weapons now can and some must be upgraded on various traits and it can be an RNG grinding nightmare. If this was already peachy on EDF 5, on 6 it's on steroids as most missions will provide absolutely miserable numbers of weapon crates.

Here is the guide, which I will update when I think is useful, and I'm not editing it in 2 places:

https://cris3fgametipsandgrumbles.blogspot.com/2023/07/edf-6-earth-defense-force-6-inferno.html

It starts with the basic and easy missions, and goes quickly to the productive ones, which are the ones that matter in the end (unless you have the patience of job). Hope it helps.

Buying advice:

Unlike previous games, EDF 2025 and 4.1, there are DLC weapons on EDF 6 (and 5) that only can be obtained in DLC missions. Many of these weapons are very interesting, and the majority of the missions in both DLCs are very interesting too (unlike most of the ones in previous games). I highly recommend that you buy the DLCs, particularly if you find them on sale.

In particular Ranger will get DLC exclusive weapons that make many of the campaign missions a breeze.

Deluxe Version includes both DLCs, along with some less interesting but fun crap. Disk version owners will need to buy both DLCs or the Season Pack.

Have fun,

6 hours ago, Shorah- said:

Good job, can't wait to finally play EDF6.

Is the progression system the same as EDF5 ? Meaning offline and online are separated ? Do we need to complete the game 3 times with each class ? Split screen coop available ?

Progression is finally shared offline and online, that was pretty stupid. something to do with online-only missions in 2025, 4.1 and 5.

Yes still 3 times on hard, hardest and inferno.

Split screen co-op as usual.

6 hours ago, Shorah- said:

April/May 2024.

The release date is tentative, I wouldn't be surprised if it's later. The translation is English, Korean and Chinese (last 2 won't be available in the west), it will only be released when they're all ready.

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 1