Problem with Rough Terrain

SNOSassassin

I just completed rough terrain. I also had the same problem. Only fix is a new save, so the problem is that ubisoft are the onlyone who can do it.

The next problem is to get them to do it. I have sent 1 or more messages each day for 2 months. One usless answer after the other until my case got escalated. When it got escalated it got solved. I insisted multiable times that they delete my progress. Just keep the case open and it will be escalated evetually.

So you probebly want to save this for last as i see you don't have all other trophies. So the rough terrain trophy is unattainable until ubisoft delete your save.

On 11/26/2023 at 5:59 AM, mw3-lover said:

I just completed rough terrain. I also had the same problem. Only fix is a new save, so the problem is that ubisoft are the onlyone who can do it.

The next problem is to get them to do it. I have sent 1 or more messages each day for 2 months. One usless answer after the other until my case got escalated. When it got escalated it got solved. I insisted multiable times that they delete my progress. Just keep the case open and it will be escalated evetually.

So you probebly want to save this for last as i see you don't have all other trophies. So the rough terrain trophy is unattainable until ubisoft delete your save.

It was brought to my attention by a friend that you can check your stats for distance driven off-road in the Driver ID. Is earning the in-game Achievement tied to earning the Trophy, or could I still earn the Trophy without the reset?

11 minutes ago, SNOSassassin said:

It was brought to my attention by a friend that you can check your stats for distance driven off-road in the Driver ID. Is earning the in-game Achievement tied to earning the Trophy, or could I still earn the Trophy without the reset?

You have to get the in-game award to unlock the trophy. Stats has no impact on the trophies sadly. I had a similar issue with The Extra Mile trophy. It showed 100% on the Stats while it was stuck on 98% missing one mission.

Like mw3-lover has stated, your only bet would be to request a save wipe from Ubisoft.

2 hours ago, JethrowRogueSZ2 said:

You have to get the in-game award to unlock the trophy. Stats has no impact on the trophies sadly. I had a similar issue with The Extra Mile trophy. It showed 100% on the Stats while it was stuck on 98% missing one mission.

Like mw3-lover has stated, your only bet would be to request a save wipe from Ubisoft.

Fair enough, I suppose. I also found a forum post from 2016 about someone whose in-game percentage progress was halted at a certain point, then caught up with the actual miles driven later on. Is there any other knowledge of this happening?

• 2 weeks later...

I recently discovered something new.

On the Ubisoft site, you can apparently manually close your entire Ubisoft account.

"Closing your account will remove access to all your Ubisoft games and online services and will cancel current Ubisoft Store orders. You will then have 30 days to reactivate your account before it is permanently closed."

Would this function the same way as a save wipe, or would I be making it worse?

• 3 weeks later...

I never had any issue with Versatile Showman and The Extra Mile, but I was just grinding out Death Valley for this and randomly it freezes for half a second and then I got an infinite loading screen!! I restarted my game and I found my progress towards this has been reset to 0%!! I'm absolutely devastated, is this the famous glitch where you need ubisoft to reset your progress or is there anything I can do or try to get this to pop? Help!

6 hours ago, willmill97 said:

I never had any issue with Versatile Showman and The Extra Mile, but I was just grinding out Death Valley for this and randomly it freezes for half a second and then I got an infinite loading screen!! I restarted my game and I found my progress towards this has been reset to 0%!! I'm absolutely devastated, is this the famous glitch where you need ubisoft to reset your progress or is there anything I can do or try to get this to pop? Help!

Yeah, that's the one. I'm sorry for your loss.

I actually just got a few more messages from a Ubisoft rep, against all odds. According to them, any issues present in the game (now considered a legacy game by them) are here to stay until they close the servers entirely. They suggested looking up a walkthrough to ensure it is being done correctly (apparently miles earned outside of Free Drive don't count), reloading a prior save before the crash, attempt connectivity troubleshooting (https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/troubleshooting-connectivity-issues-on-playstation-4/000097277), or start a new game entirely.

Personally, I'm going to try to see if I can force it out by ensuring I have 2000 miles done only in Free Drive. Failing that, you can reset your Ubisoft account entirely, clearing all save data, and make a new one from there. As long as they don't pull a fast one that the game can't be started again because of the legacy status, it's still doable. Just get everything else done first, and don't do any multiplayer when you start again, don't even join a Crew.

5 hours ago, SNOSassassin said:

Yeah, that's the one. I'm sorry for your loss.

I actually just got a few more messages from a Ubisoft rep, against all odds. According to them, any issues present in the game (now considered a legacy game by them) are here to stay until they close the servers entirely. They suggested looking up a walkthrough to ensure it is being done correctly (apparently miles earned outside of Free Drive don't count), reloading a prior save before the crash, attempt connectivity troubleshooting (https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/troubleshooting-connectivity-issues-on-playstation-4/000097277), or start a new game entirely.

Personally, I'm going to try to see if I can force it out by ensuring I have 2000 miles done only in Free Drive. Failing that, you can reset your Ubisoft account entirely, clearing all save data, and make a new one from there. As long as they don't pull a fast one that the game can't be started again because of the legacy status, it's still doable. Just get everything else done first, and don't do any multiplayer when you start again, don't even join a Crew.

I thought only Ubisoft tech support could reset your save? Would I lose my progress in other games like Far Cry 6 which I’m currently working on??

And I never did any online, the game randomly crashed on me :( 

Edited by willmill97

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 9:03 AM, willmill97 said:

That's what happened to me as well when I was working on Rough Terrain.