How to play PS4 version?

TheCrowThatSang

Hey everyone. So, I still have some trophies left to unlock on the PS4 version of this game, but I no longer have a PS4, only a PS5. 

On my PS5's library, the ps4 version of the game has a lock icon on it. Is there a way I can 'downgrade' to the PS4 versio so I can get the rest of the trophies? 

If I install the PS5 version will I then be able to access both versions? 

Thanks in advance for any and all possible solutions.

9 minutes ago, HusKy said:

That's odd. The game is F2P so I'm not sure about the lock.

However, you will need to install the PS4 version to unlock the PS4 trophies -- can't unlock them with the PS5 version of the game.

Yes I know, and that's exactly why I wanted to play the PS4 version, so I could unlock the remaining trophies.

2 hours ago, TheCrowThatSang said:

Hey everyone. So, I still have some trophies left to unlock on the PS4 version of this game, but I no longer have a PS4, only a PS5. 

On my PS5's library, the ps4 version of the game has a lock icon on it. Is there a way I can 'downgrade' to the PS4 versio so I can get the rest of the trophies? 

If I install the PS5 version will I then be able to access both versions? 

Thanks in advance for any and all possible solutions.

Maybe its the same situation as Fortnite.

It doesnt allow people to install PS4 version on PS5 even tho it was possible to play it just fine before the PS5 version even existed.

If that is the case you will need an actual PS4 unfortunately.

38 minutes ago, ChowderlyDude said:

you could probably go to your game library on the ps web store page and download to your ps5. not ideal but hey

Yeah I'm definitely gonna try this, it's worth a shot. Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Prometheous101 said:

Maybe its the same situation as Fortnite.

It doesnt allow people to install PS4 version on PS5 even tho it was possible to play it just fine before the PS5 version even existed.

If that is the case you will need an actual PS4 unfortunately.

This is what I'm afraid might be the problem, and why I decided to post here, to see if anyone has the same problem and/or an answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChowderlyDude said:

you could probably go to your game library on the ps web store page and download to your ps5. not ideal but hey

OK so this solution worked. Tried to download from web store and waited for it to fully download and tried starting the application to see if it allowed me and yeah, I got into the game.

So yeah, thank you, I hadn't thought of that yet.

• Like 1