Is this still playable?

dezzed

Never had any interest in playing this back when RE3 remake came out, but I have been wanting to tackle them now! This being an online game, I know the nature of server shutdown and loss of population is a thing. 

Just curious if I have missed out on any memo regarding that before I start this

28 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

AFAIK, the servers are P2P so can't be shutdown but you will need a boosting partner for the online trophies, because playing solo is reportedly suicide.

Thank you, didn't know that about the servers! 😁 And what do you mean? Long queue times without? Or just the nature of getting screwed over for trophies?

29 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

How many players are needed for everything? And how many need to be active?

I second this never really had the interest in this before but I'd like to get it done. Last time I tested it on a alt my main issue was everyone was super high level and good loadouts while I was had nothing and was either just the main target and kicked/removed.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

How many players are needed for everything? And how many need to be active?

If boosting, 5 to start a match, 4 survivors against 1 mastermind, as active as possible, don't think about controlling two survivors at the same time because you need to pick up resources/keys, shoot zombies on the way, have all 4 survivors converging at the gate and escape at the same time for many times. Trust me, if you can control two survivors at the same time you can beat it takes two solo. Game kick you for being afk unless you are playing mastermind. Actually it's very fun if you are boosting all the trophies with friends.

Edited by archangeltw_
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 12/18/2023 at 4:17 PM, HuntingFever said:

AFAIK, the servers are P2P so can't be shutdown but you will need a boosting partner for the online trophies, because playing solo is reportedly suicide.

I think Friday the 13th servers were said to be P2P too?

17 minutes ago, Antiristus said:

I think Friday the 13th servers were said to be P2P too?

They were supposed to be but it turns out there was a load of middleware making it all possible so with that switched off and the stat tracking disabled, goodbye Plat :(.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

They were supposed to be but it turns out there was a load of middleware making it all possible so with that switched off and the stat tracking disabled, goodbye Plat :(.

Guess it just goes to show that even if a game's MP is P2P, doesn't secure the plat.