Don’t play Hotline Miami 2 ps5 version

Probably the most busted game I’ve played in the last few years. Crashes every hour or so ( pretty much always in the final room of a level )The reticle darts all over the place every now and then. The lock on just switches on by itself at the worst possible time. It takes ages to load when you start it up.I was thinking it was a skill issue for a while ( getting too old for this @#$& ) but I installed the ps4 version and the difference is huge ( kind of helps when it aims where you’re pointing ). Hope they fix it soon.

• 4 weeks later...

The port is broken and everything the op says is true. You will notice it when going for a+ ranks, it is almost impossible how bad it runs. The main issue I have with this game though is the “white” reticle and it widens for some stupid reason. You can’t see shit with this reticle with maps with white floors. But yes it is broken port, it needs a patch. It stutters a lot which affects gameplay, you get stuck on walls and enemies. The door bullshit is intentional and then it crashes.  A game crashes randomly often you know it has problems. All these problems with the strict ass combo chain in this game makes A+ing the levels a fucking chore and unfun.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've had a few crashes and two freezes so far and I'm almost done with my A+ runs. It sucks, but I wouldn't say this version should be avoided completely because of this. It's nice to have a counter for the genocide trophy so it's worth it IMO.

Edited by harsly