New To PSN and I got some questions.

dank_Paxer

Hi,

I just got a PS5 for my Christmas there after years wanting one and I'm already in love with it. Yesterday was my first time to actually get time to play it and I finished 2 of the games that were free on the store/recommended as first games to play, and I have my sights set on those exclusives!

I have some questions regarding online accounts / transferring over data from PC/X-Box as I previously played on those platforms and was an avid achievement hunter.

I'm an Overwatch player (say what you will 😅 ) and a GTA nut. Can I safely transfer over my Battle net and Rockstar account and should those pop any trophies, would those be considered cheated? 

I really don't want to spend weeks/months trophy hunting. I'd like to transfer my data from one platform to another and pick up where I left off without feeling like I'll be flagged and removed from leaderboards in my first week of owning the console 😅

thanks for taking the time to read/respond!

• Like 1

First of all there is no problem in transferring your data if the game allows it. Second is not every game supports an immediate trophy pop after transferring so you might have to do things again.

Two things i can tell you that could get you off the leaderboard.

1. Using a third party tool (i will not go into this)

2. Games like Dark Souls and GTA are known for their (sometimes) hacked lobbies/players that could potentially pop some trophies in a strange manner for you and i heard that these trophies are not accepted because you can´t tell if it was by accident or a regular optained trophy. You can check the forum/game page for this kind of information.

IF this happens, you could still hide the specific game in the PSN Settings and the leaderboard will calculate the stats without the hidden games.

Don´t put too much thought into this, just have fun and enjoy your PS5. People here will try to help out if you have any other questions.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DarkStarSquall said:

First of all there is no problem in transferring your data if the game allows it. Second is not every game supports an immediate trophy pop after transferring so you might have to do things again.

Two things i can tell you that could get you off the leaderboard.

1. Using a third party tool (i will not go into this)

2. Games like Dark Souls and GTA are known for their (sometimes) hacked lobbies/players that could potentially pop some trophies in a strange manner for you and i heard that these trophies are not accepted because you can´t tell if it was by accident or a regular optained trophy. You can check the forum/game page for this kind of information.

IF this happens, you could still hide the specific game in the PSN Settings and the leaderboard will calculate the stats without the hidden games.

Don´t put too much thought into this, just have fun and enjoy your PS5. People here will try to help out if you have any other questions.

thanks for the reply!

I didn't know the PS5 had third party tools, so thats off the cards. I dont see the point in buying a game just to cheat in it.

I'll take your advice and just enjoy the games etc. Thanks!

16 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Am I understanding this right you bought a PS5 to transfer progress from other platforms and autopop trophies because you don't wanna spend time trophy hunting? Did you win the lottery? jk.

lmao no.

I used to play on PC and X-box but I've always wanted a ps5.

My question was initially regarding transferring over my online progress from other platforms, ie should they pop trophies, would those be flagged etc. If I have to trophy hunt, I'll do it. I'm a gamer so it's not a major issue.

1 hour ago, dank_Paxer said:

I'm an Overwatch player (say what you will 😅 ) and a GTA nut. Can I safely transfer over my Battle net and Rockstar account and should those pop any trophies, would those be considered cheated?

This is not considered cheating. Check the respective forums for more info on what exactly auto-pops, if any. There usually is a thread outlining what does/does not.

• Like 3