Improving skills

I'm at the beginning of chapter 10 and I'm still far from completing skills. I didn't play too much attention honestly so I'm pretty sure I'd replay some parts to get platinum. Should I start a NG+ and following tips for each skill or I can use specific chapters to speed up (if this works)?

I am nearly the end of my first blind playthrough (chapter 14 now) and I maxed out my Prudence skill (played the entire game stealthy as much as I can) whilst the other 2 are just past their first checkpoint.

Will focus on being aggressive and opportunities next playthrough on NG+. But I will do a chapter selection and finish  the collectibles before I do that (unless you can do a NG+ on Easy difficulty?)

Chapter selection will reset your skills like they reset your stash and upgrades to where it was WHEN you first started the chapter.

Edited by KHDelBoy

IIRC it's not possible to upgrade skills in one playthrough. You could obviously just reload an old save/chapter and continue from there to level up skills but that would be an absolute waste of time since you'd lose progression in other areas. It's way more efficient just to clean up collectibles via chapter select and focus on skills in a NG+ playthrough.

The aggressive skill is the one I did last for both the series X and PS versions. It's not really possible to play aggressively early on since you don't have enough tools and upgrades to survive - hence why it's best done in NG+

I can see why the devs made it this way because, when fully leaned into, the aggressive playstyle breaks the game. By a certain point Amicia is running around killing enemies in one hit and then retrieving the arrow each time so that you never run out lol

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom

I realize later how skills work and it's not intuitive IMO because it conts only how many enemies you kill/avoid in encounters. I've completed the game with the aggressive skill so I'll start the NG+ working on the Prudence and then the Opportunism. I'd be faster if I can replay on and on a single encounter and get skill points every time but also a new run going straight and skipping cutscenes is not that bad

Edited by Dave_Cozmo

I completed the Prudence skill on my blind playthrough, with Agressive and Opportunism around the halfway mark.

Used the NG+ for the collectibles, secret chests and the last two skills. I hit some difficultly on the path to the fort/Chapel so I just activated the invincilbilty mode in the options and killed everyone there for the Agressive skill. At the end of that chapter, the Agressive trophy popped.

Soon after, I just focus on 5-6 kills per section for the Opportunism skill. It doesn't matter if they see you or not. One and half chapter later, it unlocked.

I carried on collecting the collectibles and once that's done, I went back to Chapter 9 from the start to collect a knife required for the final secret chest. Boom, Platinium.