Bioshock 2 - Glitched Trophies

So, I did a full platinum walkthrough of Bioshock 2, which I finished last night. I did the game on Hard, no vita chambers, and got all collectibles minus a few diaries (got about 117) and ended up with 3 glitched trophies

-All Weapon Upgrades

-Research Master

-Rapture Historian

i scoured the internet for various solutions and wound up with nothing minus a few steam commands, which doesn’t really apply to me in this case. So, I thought I’d share my insight as I just popped my platinum a few minutes ago.

I made a fresh new playthrough on Easy on a new saved file, keeping my old ones, and I just 100% every level, diaries and weapons upgrades, until I popped something.

I decided to make use of this new run for other reasons, but I ended up popping Rapture Historian in Ryan Amusements. Idk if it’s dumb luck, or if it purposely popped on the one diary with the double entry—Truth is in the Body.

Then, i popped the next two trophies within 20 minutes of each other.

I got Research Master once I fully researched the Thuggish Splicer. I was just baiting enemies and trying to get as many film reels as possible to try and circumvent it. Idk if it popped because I just needed to redo the bugged research entry or it pops on the first completed one.

Then, right after I broke through Sinclair Deluxe, I got my 5th and final Weapon Upgrade of Pauper’s Drop and popped All Weapon Upgrades  and the platinum right then and there.

I also decided to use rest mode this time, instead of closing the application, so that may have something to do with this.

Either way, the game is buggy as hell. I had zero issue with both Bioshock 1 stacks on PS4, but I get a lot of problems with my first Bioshock 2 stack.

TL;DR - I just wanted to vent my frustration and hope the above helps others if their trophies have also glitched.

spacer.png