Profiles not updated for months?

When browsing the leaderboards, I found several profiles that haven't been updated for months and aren't scheduled for an automatic update either. What's up with this? I thought profiles were supposed to update automatically every once in a while?

I read in a thread here somewhere (please don't ask me to look for it, lol) that if the profiles haven't been viewed for a long time (not sure exactly how long though) then the update feature is disabled. Once the profile is viewed again, or updated from the main home page, then it'll revert back to being scheduled for regular updates.

I'm guessing this is done to lessen the burden on the server so it doesn't update profiles that no-one, not even the person themself, pays attention to.

Edited by Stevieboy

Sounds like a logical explanation. Still, it makes the leaderboards a little irrelevant when hundreds or even thousands of profiles haven't been updated in months, while others are updated on a daily basis.

Sounds like a logical explanation. Still, it makes the leaderboards a little irrelevant when hundreds or even thousands of profiles haven't been updated in months, while others are updated on a daily basis.

This website tracks around 1.5 million gamers that like going for trophies.

There are about 80 million PS3 worlwide.

The leaderboard will give you a fairly good estimate on the average completion rate and country rank amongst the people who play for trophies.

I think those users that are on the database should be updated atleast Monthly. I'm Under the SA region on my profile. My country rank might be fake because of these profiles. Kind of makes me feel less "accomplishment" done.

I think those users that are on the database should be updated atleast Monthly. I'm Under the SA region on my profile. My country rank might be fake because of these profiles. Kind of makes me feel less "accomplishment" done.

Usually trophy hunters keep their profiles up to date, most of the time the people who dont care about trophies are the ones not updated.Your position would remain pretty much the same even if they were updated...

Usually trophy hunters keep their profiles up to date, most of the time the people who dont care about trophies are the ones not updated.Your position would remain pretty much the same even if they were updated...

I got a few usernames above me and updated them, they seemed to move up quite alot. I'm Ranked 666th ( Muahahahahahaha ) and some shot up to 500-550.