Auto Save not working PS5

ShadowSevenfold

I cannot get past Mission 9 as my game refuses to save. I have beaten the mission three times now, got to Mission 10, ENSURED that it has autosaved as its even telling me the game last saved like 10 seconds prior. I quit out to main menu, and it has reverted me back to Mission 9. It is fucking infuriating lmao.

I either have to one run the game from Mission 9 (which isnt that long but its not the point) or someone hopefully has a fool proof way of beating this save bug? The developers dont seem to care as their Twitter is full of posts like mine and they havent repsonded to anyone.

I was having the same problem on level 4. It worked when I quit to main menu and checked the save file from there but maybe I was just lucky. 
I would defo turn off auto-upload to the cloud, that would just overwrite my save for some reason…

anyway… such a basic feature being bugged is unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, GUUUUU2099 said:

I was having the same problem on level 4. It worked when I quit to main menu and checked the save file from there but maybe I was just lucky. 
I would defo turn off auto-upload to the cloud, that would just overwrite my save for some reason…

anyway… such a basic feature being bugged is unacceptable. 

im having the opposite issue. Im quitting to the games main menu after it saves, checking my save file and its just not progressing to Mission 10. I dont know why this bug is only happening to me now? Ive seen people say they cant get past Mission 3, some peoples saves are being deleted, its so bad and I guarantee they never fix it

Don't use "Resume Activity" on the PS5, launch the game by using "Play Game", I think the upgrade to the PS5 hasn't been tested. Using "Resume Activity" it skips the page indicating automatic save, so the automatic save is never loaded, I noticed this using resume activity, once I didn't use it anymore, no more problems, my game was saved every time.
I don't understand how the devs didn't see that (I think it hasn't been tested, and mostly I think they didn't care).

So in conclusion:

Resume Activity -->

Play Game --> ✔️

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Kephket said:

Don't use "Resume Activity" on the PS5, launch the game by using "Play Game", I think the upgrade to the PS5 hasn't been tested. Using "Resume Activity" it skips the page indicating automatic save, so the automatic save is never loaded, I noticed this using resume activity, once I didn't use it anymore, no more problems, my game was saved every time.
I don't understand how the devs didn't see that (I think it hasn't been tested, and mostly I think they didn't care).

So in conclusion:

Resume Activity -->

Play Game --> ✔️

It's happening to me during one single playthrough that's the problem. I'm not quitting out completely and then using the activity card, the issue is happening as soon as I quit to the games main menu. I basically am going to have to complete the whole game in one run at this point.

1 hour ago, ShadowSevenfold said:

It's happening to me during one single playthrough that's the problem. I'm not quitting out completely and then using the activity card, the issue is happening as soon as I quit to the games main menu. I basically am going to have to complete the whole game in one run at this point.

Using the "Activity Cards" is the same as "Resume Activity", you skip the page indicating automatic save, so the automatic save is never loaded, like I said, launch the game normally using "Play Game" you won't get any trouble with the automatic save. And exit the game normally and when you restart it, use "Play game".

• 3 weeks later...

Damn I just had this same bug happen to me. It’s definitely the activity cards as I remember I clicked “Resume Activity” on the activity card a few hours ago instead of launching via the application, and I’m not sure why either as I’ve never done this before…

I didn’t notice the game wasn’t auto-saving so I played through half the game on Evil difficulty and was just about at the final boss. I put the controller down for 20 mins to dick around on my IPad for a bit and when I came back and reconnected the controller, the game instantly crashed. Loaded into the game and I’m like 7 or 8 chapters back. Really not looking forward to that slog of a fight at the Train Yard again Uhgg.

Has anyone got a solution for this? I’m using chapter select via the lore screen, chapter 10 get all the way to the boss to do a sneaky back up save so I can have multiple attempts at Bleed You Out trophy and every time I exit even tho I wait for the auto save signal it sends me right back to the start of the game! 

very infuriating!