What was your worst platinum and why?

k0edb

Beyond Two souls, I had to do my best to not die of boredom, go insane or fall asleep with how boring and tedious this game is. Also, as a solo player I had to play the whole game on two player using two controls for one trophy, such a pain in addition to not being able to skip scenes and having to replay certain sections multiple sections of the game. 

• Haha 1

Yakuza 3 on PS3 made me rethink what I would do for chasing digital clip art. I think it burned me out so bad on trophies, I went like 30 some games afterwards without even looking at the trophy list. After getting mini game master, I think I had the Legend difficulty trophy last (which was going to be quick), but it took me a while to even think about booting up the game again, and when I finally did and completed Legend difficulty as well as the platinum trophy, I didn’t feel an dopamine rush like I usually do, I felt relieved my suffering was finally over, which wasn’t a great feeling to be honest.

Never was really the same again, as far as trophy hunting goes, which might be a good thing. I’m way more laid back about it now, and will not think twice about dropping a game I am either not enjoying or feel is asking too much. Don’t really put a whole lotta stock in completing everything, or torturing myself for a platinum.

Life is short, free time is far too precious to be wasting on stuff I’m simply not wanting to do.

Edited by iamjax
  • Like 2

Damn, plenty of options, first thought went to Nioh, which is still one of the worst games I ever played, and would certainly get chosen if it was about the worst 100%, but for platinum alone I just have to go for GTA 3. I never played GTA 3 back in the day, I played GTA1-2 on Ps1, and then Vice City on PC, and San Andreas on Ps2, then GTA died for me. Given that I liked all other GTA games I ever played, I assumed GTA3, which was on sale for dirt cheap together with Vice City and San Andreas a few years ago, would be no different, boy was I wrong about that one.

The game was shit, unimaginably shit, silent protagonist, terrible looking, atrocious performance that would impact gameplay itself all the time, disgusting controls even for a game of that era, shitty trophy list, tons of random shit that could ruin whatever you were going for, everything about it felt terrible. I have played shittier looking games, games with worse trophy lists, grindier games, games that were worse in terms of game design, various games that were worse in one individual category, but GTA3 just brought it all together into one nasty cocktail that oh so often made me ask myself what the fuck I was doing with my life. I have completed games I didn't like that asked for several hundred hours of time investments, I'd rather do five of these before ever touching GTA 3 again.

• Haha 1

Hard to say personally.

I love the original PC release of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, but the specificity of the gimmick trophies on console release sucked to boost, and it was my first proper "full" boost of an online multiplayer only trophy list, so I felt super guilty at the time.

I also felt kind of guilty about Tomb Raider: Underworld when I did it, on account of how short it was, did it in two days only because I lost track of the collectibles, and so I looked up the location of each; also felt shame just because the trophy list would've been stupidly simple if it weren't for the ridiculous number of small, nearly invisible spheres you needed to pick up.

Rocket Arena wasn't too bad with the double XP event active, though without it I'd reckon most people are going to lose gray matter in their brain from the sheer repetitiveness before shutdown this year.

Honorable mention might include UA Sports UFC 4 due to the hit-or-miss availability of newbs versus longtime players, making the two major online trophies quite difficult.

North American physical releases of the Devil May Cry HD Collection on PS3 didn't include any infinite Devil Trigger costumes for the Bloody Palace in Devil May Cry 2, so that was pretty brutal.

I'd like to think I go out of my way to play complete and total crap, obviously that's always going to be subjective so someone could take a look at my list and see loads of things that don't look fun to them, but I don't really spend a lot of time on games that make me feel awful. Drakengard 3 100% isn't nearly as bad as they say it is.

Now, if you asked me which 100%s were the hardest...

7 minutes ago, Moostache7 said:

Edited by Moostache7
Typo
  • Haha 1