What was your worst platinum and why?

k0edb

Hello people, inspired by a guy recently raging about hotline miami, what was the platinum/100% you most hated doing? You said" what am i doing with my life?

Lmao

I played many shitty games but for me, resident evil Biohazard was a pain... I unfortunately opened jt jn my main account, didnt know you can delete games on ps5, I hate horror games and I don't care about the history of the game at all. So it was a recipe for disaster for me.

Platinum made me go through the game 3+ times because of difficulty, missed collectibles and i had more plays waiting for me with dlcs but i coudnt take anymore 😂

Edited by k0edb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kvara_XIV said:

Game of Thrones. It's very buggy and I HATE Game of Thrones.

Are you referring to the Tell Tale P&C games on PS3 and PS4?

And if you hate GOT so much, then why bother playing the games?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gravel, less due to the trophy requirements and more due to the game itself. I didn't hate it, but I certainly didn't like it, either. It's just a really bland, boring and uninteresting game with nothing fresh or new up its sleeve. There's nothing egregiously terrible about it, mind you, but on the flip-side there's nothing that's particularly special or stand-out good about it. It was also oddly buggy, with a lot of downright confounding physics goofs happening to me during my playthrough, my car sometimes just vanishing when I used the rewind function, and my PS4's system software crashing entirely while I was boosting the online trophies. There was also a pretty tedious grind to unlock all of the cars, which you 100% will not have by the end of the campaign.

• Like 2

I usually don't play games I don't like, and if for some reason I do, I abandon them lol.

So with just 85 platinums so far I would say God Of War: Ascension. Not a bad game but felt so unnecesary and story is meh, One silly online trophy can keep you away from platinum unless you buy the digital version or online pass for the retail version, honestly that online passes age was horrible so yeah, I would say that one, far from being the worst game I've played but it's the one I didn't enjoy at all, quite boring experience.

I did it only because I plan to do the whole series and it was on psnow at the time so I had the chance going for the online trophy

Edited by NajiLionheart
  • Like 2

Bionic Commando

The year was 2010. I saw this game at Best Buy for $10. I thought "Whatever. ten bucks and it got a 7 from IGN. I'll give it a shot." The combat didn't feel great, the story was trash, and it had terrible boundaries with with that would auto-kill you with radiation. The swinging felt mostly fun, but actual platforming felt very wonky. I had an OK time playing through it.

Then I tried to play it on hard mode. The combat felt so much worse and unbalanced. Death was much more of a punishment and I started to notice how bad the checkpointing was. But I finished it.

At this point I only had a few trophies to cleanup, and I needed another playthrough for all the collectibles, and to my surprise, they didn't carry over from one playthrough to the next. I meticulously followed an online guide for them and also grabbed the other misc trophies to wrap it up.

I got to the end of the game and the guide had missed one of the collectibles. Which meant another playthrough. By now I hated this game. I saved this game for a dull weekend and threw on a podcast while I went through again and gathered every hard-to-reach collectible. Again.

It was only my 12th plat at the time, and more than a decade and almost 400 platinums later I still think of Bionic Commando as my most memorable worst. After this game I often ask myself while I'm going for a platinum, "Is this really worth it? Could I be playing something better?" and that often gets me to stop playing a game just for the plat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Infamous: Second Son, although Marvel's Spider Man takes a close second, namely because of one massive issue both games share; Fully completing the maps can be mind-meltingly monotonous from the sheer volume of collectibles and repetitive tasks (I.E. outposts or side quests) required to complete it. Marvel's Spider Man is certainly guilty of this design, especially with the abundance of outposts, crimes, and backpacks, but at least you only had to play through the game once and 100% the map for completion. On the other hand, Infamous required two full playthroughs, grinding for the highest level "Karma" in each one, whilst also 100% completing a map with even more stuff to do and collect. We're talking blast shards, security cameras, audio logs, secret agents, hidden cameras, stencil art, and showdowns. Look, I understand that you need to have content in an open world to keep in from being bare, but there comes a point where it devolves into a mindless checklist and the game's strongest features lose all of its appeal.

Edited by Trumpet_Boi_208
  • Like 1

I have multiple honestly:

First would be NieR: Automata because I ended up using the trophy shop and didn't really put in any work to earn the platinum besides playing through the story.

Second would be God of War III Remastered because I used an exploit to finish hard mode in less than an hour; same issue as the previous platinum.

If I could go back and do those two over the "right" way, I would. (I actually bought GOW III on PS3 for this exact purpose, although I'm not in a rush to play it right now)

• Like 1

There is a Genie in my Schezhuan Sauce Remastered

I didn't play the version before the remastered one, but I regret my purchase of this game. I knew exactly what I got myself into, but chose to do it anyway. I'm in Love With Your Dead Grandmother comes in at a close second.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

htol#NiQ: The Firefly Diaries

… because that game is a potato, with puzzles that suck, a pace that could make a sloth shout “hurry the fuck up!”, and controls designed to definitively prove the nonexistence of God.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

Ninja Gaiden 3 : Razor's Edge. Very long, buggy online. You need to get 99lvl for "you got skills" trophy, online of the game is completely dead, you and your teammates (poor souls) experience this glitch gameplay for a 30 hours. And then, trials, they're broken, not only because of its difficulty, but also because of bugs, freezes, camera behaviour, etc. I like Ninja Gaiden series, but online achievements of Razor's Edge are out of some sadistic league. 

Edited by ozymandias1994
  • Haha 1

yeah this one was a long grind

had to boost myself with 2 ps3

but not my worse ,kung fu panda shodown of legendary legends online victory boost was my break point with online gaming ,since this one i avoid every game with that kind of very long and boring x wins trophies

sad because the finals seems promising for a free2p (former bf devs tinkle me somewhere)

will not jump in it cause of the amount of time required for the plat and my hate for that kind of economic scheme

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ToasterBunny said:

Bionic Commando

The year was 2010. I saw this game at Best Buy for $10. I thought "Whatever. ten bucks and it got a 7 from IGN. I'll give it a shot." The combat didn't feel great, the story was trash, and it had terrible boundaries with with that would auto-kill you with radiation. The swinging felt mostly fun, but actual platforming felt very wonky. I had an OK time playing through it.

Then I tried to play it on hard mode. The combat felt so much worse and unbalanced. Death was much more of a punishment and I started to notice how bad the checkpointing was. But I finished it.

At this point I only had a few trophies to cleanup, and I needed another playthrough for all the collectibles, and to my surprise, they didn't carry over from one playthrough to the next. I meticulously followed an online guide for them and also grabbed the other misc trophies to wrap it up.

I got to the end of the game and the guide had missed one of the collectibles. Which meant another playthrough. By now I hated this game. I saved this game for a dull weekend and threw on a podcast while I went through again and gathered every hard-to-reach collectible. Again.

It was only my 12th plat at the time, and more than a decade and almost 400 platinums later I still think of Bionic Commando as my most memorable worst. After this game I often ask myself while I'm going for a platinum, "Is this really worth it? Could I be playing something better?" and that often gets me to stop playing a game just for the plat.

I never played this game but back in the days it was a platinum a lot of people went for, thank god I didn't go! It's so sad when you're following a guide and it's wrong... I experienced it in some games like metro exodus,callisto protocol and many other that i dont remember but i know i did

6 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Black Ops 2

Because of Tower of Babble and Giant Accomplishment

To this day I’d rather have the time back than the platinum 

I feel you! I was the First in brazil to Platinum BO2. Back that day we had no trophy guide, know nothing about the game and some hidden trophies on tranzit that was very hard to discover.

I remember when i was rushing the platinum, did the online in a call with my cousing 18hours straight playing... My fingers wasnt working when we stopped. I had a picture of it on my skype lmao

Yeah, I would never do that again in my life again

6 hours ago, Karnacharya said:

Alone With You.

I was bored out of my mind by the end. I was a hyper-completionist back when I got that Plat, and I don’t necessarily know if I could manage it today now that I’m much more chill about trophies.

I stopped being a hyper-completionist because of it. I was spending my time mostly playing like a job than for fun

5 hours ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

Infamous: Second Son, although Marvel's Spider Man takes a close second, namely because of one massive issue both games share; Fully completing the maps can be mind-meltingly monotonous from the sheer volume of collectibles and repetitive tasks (I.E. outposts or side quests) required to complete it. Marvel's Spider Man is certainly guilty of this design, especially with the abundance of outposts, crimes, and backpacks, but at least you only had to play through the game once and 100% the map for completion. On the other hand, Infamous required two full playthroughs, grinding for the highest level "Karma" in each one, whilst also 100% completing a map with even more stuff to do and collect. We're talking blast shards, security cameras, audio logs, secret agents, hidden cameras, stencil art, and showdowns. Look, I understand that you need to have content in an open world to keep in from being bare, but there comes a point where it devolves into a mindless checklist and the game's strongest features lose all of its appeal.

I liked those games they didn't was a pain for me, miles morales indeed was boring because it was very repetitive but they were short games for me. I got many long platinums but i liked the games so it wasnt that bad. But one of these longer platinums that i wanted to kill myself was Red Dead Redemption 2.

I didnt like the realism of the game, I didn't like the story, the game is slow, many bugs, THAT horse dies for every thing, infinite challenges, gold medal requirements are very tight, It had online trophies the worst nightmare for trophy Hunter and why did I do this? My wife opened in my account :)

The cherry on the cake, It took me 337hours of my life to platinum. I certainly should seek a treatment lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Black Ops 2

Because of Tower of Babble and Giant Accomplishment

To this day I’d rather have the time back than the platinum 

even now with unachievable ultra rare platinum 

Ill happily take it off your hands if you hate it lol 

but in all seriousness one should be proud of  

• Haha 2

xblaze lost memories, it was a ps plus game, i was hoping it would be a story that would catch me but sadly no, i respect the franchise and fans, but i didnt feel the story or things that happen, but once i started i just finished playing back the story while i did other things, and it took a while, more than i expected.

• Like 1

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD.

Getting all 10 championship medals is difficult, but it feels rewarding in the end, so that wasn't the trouble. Clearing the decathlon 36 times for a trophy is such a dull and grindy task. It's not hard to do, but it just takes a lot of time and is extremely tedious.

• Like 1