How long it takes to knock out MP

TL;DR — I am about 30-40 hours in and have done everything except the currency grind. I was not carried by S Rank players, but found a cooperative and reliable boosting team, and did this within only a few weeks of shutdown announcement.

———

It took me three weeks of casual play in the last week of December and first two weeks of January to start the game from scratch and zero knowledge of how this or any Armored Core title worked, clear all of the World Bosses with my boosting group, and collect most of the remaining online trophies.

I have Territory Master outstanding right now, because I need to grind the final boss for cash still; real time needed for this will vary depending on how casually I continue to play, so use other's recommendations for how long to reserve for that grind.

However, please note that I bolded the exact dates above because of some features not highlighted beyond a sentence or two in the guide (see below)...

———

World bosses require two things:

· A team meter to fill to queue for the bosses

· Avoidance of PvP in that queue

The meter fills by completing Normal Sorties with team members. Once 6 Normal Sorties are finished you can queue for Special Sorties. Special Sorties are where World Bosses appear, with some limitations on which appear depending on your queue settings and which of the three online factions control each territory. How quickly you can fill the aforementioned meter depends on your team.

Whilst in the Special Sortie queue, other players who are queuing if during a war have a chance to end up with you in a PvP sortie, resulting in both teams Special Sorties queue chance being consumed and not reclaimable without going on another 6 successful Normal Sorties (even if you close the game before the sortie begins).

You can avoid the PvP queue entirely during ceasefires, which only last one hour and occur almost every week (these times are scheduled and the next can be determined from the World Map main menu interface in-game, usually, by the 'end of war' times). This is not a very long period of time at all, and there are fewer than 12 ceasefires remaining before services are discontinued, but at least you can use these as a chance for clean up (best case scenario, two, maybe three World Boss attempts in that time if you're fast and everyone is well equipped).

The queues will start to become more difficult to do the longer you wait to do those trophies, as latecomers will likely crowd the queue and make finding PvE harder to find than PvP matches. I cannot speak to what this will look like in March, or even this coming week, so good luck on that part.

I can say that filling the Special Sorties queue bar with Normal Sorties wins is the most tedious part if you've got your World Boss builds figured out and can guarantee boss wins. Given that there are 7 World Bosses to defeat, and a failed attempt to defeat one results in players having to fill the bar all over again, you're looking at completing at minimum 42 Normal Sorties collectively assuming perfect execution of bosses (on top of 42 perfectly executed Normal Sorties victories). Done manually, these alone — not including time spent within the Special Sorties — will require an accumulative 2-3 hours to complete. Any failure of a Special Sortie, or an accidental queue in Special Sortie resulting in a PvP match (which still consumes the attempt to face a boss), will add 15-30 minutes to that overall time. Failed Normal Sorties add 5-10 minutes a piece.

My advice would be to think about working on mostly platinuming the game before the end to be perfectly honest with you. Online just makes things easier. It just isn't one of those situations you can just dip in and grab the online onlies unfortunately.

• Haha 1

It took 2 weeks to complete all the multiplayer trophies with 3 other players.  These were excellent players so that helped a bit, especially with world bosses.  We worked on it almost every day after work.  Good luck.

Edit: In those 2 weeks I also got all S ranks and secondary objectives with another player.  S ranks can be done solo but it's extremely difficult to do.  After that it was just single player stuff: grinding for money and Hardcore mode.

Edited by nino_mustdie
added info