Can anyone explain the Two-Head cheese?

I'm playing the Xbox Series X version of The Callisto Protocol (which I believe is identical to the PS5 version). I've heard about a method for cheesing the Two-Head enemy, which would otherwise be the hardest combat encounters in the game. I have heard there is a way to stun-lock it during the battle on the moving platform, and also a way to make it walk into the fans and kill itself when you fight it near the end of the game. I have not been able to get these methods to work. Do they even still work on the latest patch? I am not sure if I want to attempt Contagion or Hardcore without knowing the cheese, as I found it very difficult to do the fight legit on NG Maximum Security. It was pretty challenging even on Minimum Security on my first playthrough.

You do not stunlock the enemy, you keep dodging its attacks and after every attack you dodge (specific attacks to be precise), the enemy moves back a little. So basically you stand in front of the enemy, dodge its attacks (you can use the Accessibility settings to make dodging easier by not having to alternate left and right for every attack), then move towards the enemy a bit. Sooner or later you will drive the enemy off the platform or into the fans.

There are 4 encounters with this enemy in the base game, the 1st and 4th can be cheesed with this method. I have heard possible ways that the 2nd may be abused, but I never managed to replicate it, the 3rd encounter cannot be cheesed.

• Like 2

Wouldn't worry about it too much, as it's only really useful on hardcore, which is the only mode where you really should be having ammo issues.

Definitely would not attempt it on contagion mode, as there's a pretty good chance you can accidentally dodge into the fan yourself (which is not good for your health), and it's a lot safer to just shoot the two-heads, especially as contagion is not exactly restrictive on the resources.

Funnily enough, I once encountered a glitch where the very first two-head encounter was one-shot with a single baton attack. No idea what happened, but it was hilarious. Probably something to do with hitting it so hard it glitched through the floor or who knows.

And as for two-heads being the most dangerous enemy in the game, it's not really saying too much considering how the game's combat works. For challenge runs, you could always enable the accessibility setting that allows you to just hold in one direction to dodge. That pretty much makes all these encounters effortless, as you can just hold one direction on the stick and take a shot between dodges. The only thing you want to watch out for is to not have the accessibility setting for holding R2 to attack enabled, as if you do that, you can end up in a situation where you'll melee attack following the shot (due to the input being R2 for both attacks), which results in an instant death once the two-head recovers during your attack animation.

• Like 2

All 4 encounters can be cheesed. 1, 2 and 4 can be cheesed as @ZOLANTON said, just dodging and have him going to his death. For the 3rd you can do a fuse exploit in chapter 7 I think to keep a fuse on you and skip the fight with the two head.

Check this post for videos: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/141016-contagion-mode/?do=findComment&comment=2902316