Thunderstruck Trophy Tips

Tripple_Barnett

Honestly besides the 13 Holo Cards needed for the Super Shiny trophy, the Thunderstruck trophy may stop me from earning the Platinum. 

I can barely hit 73 points in a MyTeam game, but by the time I do that the opposing team has made about 20+ points. I suck at defense in this mode. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

14 hours ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Honestly besides the 13 Holo Cards needed for the Super Shiny trophy, the Thunderstruck trophy may stop me from earning the Platinum. 

I can barely hit 73 points in a MyTeam game, but by the time I do that the opposing team has made about 20+ points. I suck at defense in this mode. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I did it using the 99 Kobe card you get from Mamba moments. Took me 3 attempts but I won third one by 84 points. 

• Like 1

I haven't done this for PS5 yet, but honestly with the kinds of cards that are out now it shouldn't be hard. You can get a free 96 overall Joel Embiid for the next few weeks by scoring 70 points in any game with one player, for example.

Definitely play the first domination challenge set, team doesn't matter much but a team with all gold players may help, Spurs and Wizards i think are two examples. Easiest difficulty as well.

The key is to off-ball, controlling a player who is guarding someone who is standing in the corners, and move in transition. You absolutely want to score as quickly as possible to make up for the inevitable BS/difficult shots that the AI will hit, and generally that means you should be going for quick 2s instead of hunting for 3pt shots. You should aim to score at least 100 points, as it's quite hard to hold the AI below 20 or so no matter how good your defending is. If you are a bit more confident as a defender you can also try "baiting" shots. Give the AI enough space so that they think they are open, then quickly close the gap and get a medium or heavy contest.

Having a big centre can be really helpful, even if they are trash in actual multiplayer. When I was still playing, I really liked using Amythest Shawn Bradley for example. The emeralds and sapphires from 25th anniversary set would also be good. The AI is not smart enough to exploit the lack of speed on these characters by forcing them into switches, for example. On offense, these cards are really good if you can get them into a height advantage using pick-and-rolls.

In past years fatigue would be a bigger factor on PS5 so make sure that you have good backups that you can put in. In AI matches I usually just use all 5 substitutions at once, so like starters play quarters 1 and 3, then 5 reserves play quarters 2 and 4. Could maybe have the starters play the last 2 or 3 minutes of the 4th quarter if your bench is exceptionally weak, but even a bench of emeralds and sapphires will be higher rated than what the AI is using.

Edited by VersusCA
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, VersusCA said:

I haven't done this for PS5 yet, but honestly with the kinds of cards that are out now it shouldn't be hard. You can get a free 96 overall Joel Embiid for the next few weeks by scoring 70 points in any game with one player, for example.

Definitely play the first domination challenge set, team doesn't matter much but a team with all gold players may help, Spurs and Wizards i think are two examples. Easiest difficulty as well.

The key is to off-ball, controlling a player who is guarding someone who is standing in the corners, and move in transition. You absolutely want to score as quickly as possible to make up for the inevitable BS/difficult shots that the AI will hit, and generally that means you should be going for quick 2s instead of hunting for 3pt shots. You should aim to score at least 100 points, as it's quite hard to hold the AI below 20 or so no matter how good your defending is. If you are a bit more confident as a defender you can also try "baiting" shots. Give the AI enough space so that they think they are open, then quickly close the gap and get a medium or heavy contest.

Having a big centre can be really helpful, even if they are trash in actual multiplayer. When I was still playing, I really liked using Amythest Shawn Bradley for example. The emeralds and sapphires from 25th anniversary set would also be good. The AI is not smart enough to exploit the lack of speed on these characters by forcing them into switches, for example. On offense, these cards are really good if you can get them into a height advantage using pick-and-rolls.

In past years fatigue would be a bigger factor on PS5 so make sure that you have good backups that you can put in. In AI matches I usually just use all 5 substitutions at once, so like starters play quarters 1 and 3, then 5 reserves play quarters 2 and 4. Could maybe have the starters play the last 2 or 3 minutes of the 4th quarter if your bench is exceptionally weak, but even a bench of emeralds and sapphires will be higher rated than what the AI is using.

Thank you for the tips. Yeah shooting nothing, but 3s to reach 73 points and above but by then the opposing team has already made 20+ points which makes this a colossal waste of time. I really do hope I can get this trophy one day. I wish I was better at this game. 

• 2 months later...

2K24 MyTEAM has a mobile app, which you can sync your data with your PSN account, and also get Pink Diamond "Mobile Rewards" Tyrese Haliburton for free, who can help out for the trophy. I unlocked the trophy against the Brooklyn Nets, on Pro difficulty in Domination, with the starting five below (and there was some mixture of Emerald, Sapphire, and Ruby players on the bench):

• PG - Pink Diamond Tyrese Haliburton (Mobile Rewards)
  • SG - Ruby Glenn Robinson III (Path to All-Star)
  • SF - Diamond Paolo Banchero (Inferno)
  • PF - Amethyst Isaac Austin (Rush)
  • C - Amethyst Mohammed Bamba (Electric)
  • Like 1

With the Series 2 domination released I wonder what might be easier, it or the current. Current is pre trade deadline rosters with lower overalls with a lowest difficulty of PRO. The new Series 2 has beefier rosters BUT its lowest difficulty is semi-pro. Wondering if the lower difficulty is enough to offset the beefed up cards. I did an attempt last night against the Pistons on Semi Pro Series 2 and ended up winning by 67. Lots of bullshit AI fuckery though especially around my defensive AI on pick and rolls. Going to try a game on Pro Current Dom today and see if its easier/harder.

Edit: Just got it against the Pistons in the new Series 2 Dom. For game plan on offense I changed it to Transition O and on D set on ball pressure to smother and off ball to tight. Then I ran full court press. I would attempt one steal before switching to the corner man.

Edited by flynwhitesausage

I got the trophy two days ago. My team is not strong at all, and the players are mostly from the weekly free prizes for various challenges and daily login.

My simple tips:
- NEVER play on (Pro) difficulty, play on (Semi-Pro), which is available in (24 NBA: Series 2). Don't play "Current", "All-Time" or "25th Anniversary". My suggestion is (24 NBA: Series 2) because the teams are ordinary without any extraordinary players and scoring points is easier on (Semi-Pro) with a good margin of error. I did this against the Brooklyn Nets.

- Stealing balls is easier on (Semi-Pro) and therefore your number of possessions will be more to a good degree.

- Try to finish your possessions quickly and with 3pt shots.

GL

Gonna add onto this by saying that if you want to have an easier time with this, buy the ruby mirage Kyle Korver from the player market for a few thousand MT. He's an old season 1 card but I find he's still very useful especially for hitting threes due to his 91 three point stat as well as his jumpshot being really easy to learn. If you don't have a god squad with diamonds or pink diamonds, this is the way to go.

Something I did that was even easier than shooting was to just use players with good dunking/high speed. Honestly at this point in the lifecycle its really easy to get a full lineup of PD+ with all the agenda's. With this lineup set the offense strat to fast break and the second you get the ball chuck it to the outlet on the wings. Once the receive it turbo up the side towards the baseline. You will literally run right past the defense for a free dunk/layup. For those who are challenged when it comes to shooting or playing remotely with lag this is as easy as it gets.