Unplayable on PS4 slim

Hekyus

i've been playing for more than 80 hours (84 precisely) and i can say that this is a complete mess.

• Everything takes time to load, like 1 or 2 minutes. Missions, npc's, textures, sound and even the crosshair. Sometimes im driving around the city in complete silence.
  • I think it never reached 30 fps, normally it's around 15-20 fps
  • It crashed 4 times while launching the game, and then 4 more times while playing
  • Sometimes it doesnt let me save the game, i have to keep driving around till im able to do so
  • Funny thing, once i was in a middle of a shooting and i was send flying like 300 mts away by some supernatural force

PD: minimap is a joke, any open world game from 2010 is more detailed than this

Please, if you want to play this, make sure it's on a new gen console, because it's a real suffering. I cant imagine how disastrous it was when it came out on 2020....

I agree 100% with you, but with that said, I would highly recommend putting a ssd on your ps4 and also doing a deep clean and replace the thermal paste and thermal pads. I know not many people will do it, but it will do wonders on your console. Or if you can play it on a ps5.

Played this at release on a base PS4 and it wasn't great - Not as bad as the YouTube pile-on crowd would have you believe. But bad enough that I switched to the PC version.

Dabbled with playing it on PS4  a couple of times but switched to the PS5 version when released.

Got the Plat on the PS5 version and then went back and got the Plat on the PS4 July 2022.

No issues other than a couple of glitches and the slower overall performance on the PS4.

In hind-sight they shouldn't have released it on older consoles but with nearly 20K platinum achievers on the PS4 version it is far from unplayable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2024 at 7:08 PM, Skagarrin said:

Played this at release on a base PS4 and it wasn't great - Not as bad as the YouTube pile-on crowd would have you believe. But bad enough that I switched to the PC version.

Dabbled with playing it on PS4  a couple of times but switched to the PS5 version when released.

Got the Plat on the PS5 version and then went back and got the Plat on the PS4 July 2022.

No issues other than a couple of glitches and the slower overall performance on the PS4.

In hind-sight they shouldn't have released it on older consoles but with nearly 20K platinum achievers on the PS4 version it is far from unplayable.

Its not literally unplayable, i meant it's really painfull to do. Maybe on the pro version is more or less okay

Well, now i have already platinumed it, thanks god im finished with this thing