RNG Gear

Hi everyone,

I know that the gear is RNG but does location or part of the game also come into effect? I'm at the part where I just entered the Hall of Hero's so I thought would try and get blood & salt asap, but after 22 attempts I kept seeing different and repeated gear but not this. Does it only appear at a certain point and if so when, also what other gear is worth getting? Playing 1999 mode. 

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking for recommended loadouts to tackle 1999 mode? Also, I don't think gear is RNG at all? If I remember correctly, all of the weapons and vigors are awarded at specific points in the story, you need only progress to unlock them all.

7 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking for recommended loadouts to tackle 1999 mode? Also, I don't think gear is RNG at all? If I remember correctly, all of the weapons and vigors are awarded at specific points in the story, you need only progress to unlock them all.

Gear is RNG. The collectibles for recordings, vigors and upgrades are in set places, but the gear is RNG. Like I said, I restarted the checkpoint over 20 times at the start of the hall of heros and it gave various gear outcomes each time when checking the first room. 

3 hours ago, DanteIshimura said:

Gear is RNG. The collectibles for recordings, vigors and upgrades are in set places, but the gear is RNG. Like I said, I restarted the checkpoint over 20 times at the start of the hall of heros and it gave various gear outcomes each time when checking the first room. 

I realise now you're referred to the Blood to Salt gear item, your initial explanation was a bit vague. For starters, you're in the wrong place; the gear can be found in Shanty Town, not the Hall of Heroes.

I have some gear recommendations setup for the various encounters you'll experience throughout 1999 mode here, I haven't updated the guide in a while but the setups still apply and work very well in making the mode as trivial as possible. Good luck!

6 hours ago, ddracarys said:

I realise now you're referred to the Blood to Salt gear item, your initial explanation was a bit vague. For starters, you're in the wrong place; the gear can be found in Shanty Town, not the Hall of Heroes.

That's not true. It's completely random what piece of gear is in which place.

I farm it in the hallway where you meet the couple from the raffle.

Or in that area you go back to after hall of heroes. You can loot the stores, back track to hall of heroes, then go back down and loot the stores again. Infinite lockpicks, $, and gear.

It can be farmed pretty much anywhere where there's a checkpoint right before a piece of gear though.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ddracarys said:

I have some gear recommendations setup for the various encounters you'll experience throughout 1999 mode here, I haven't updated the guide in a while but the setups still apply and work very well in making the mode as trivial as possible. Good luck!

The gear is RNG. I now have blood and salt and got it before Shanty Town which I have not even reached yet. There was nothing wrong with the way I worded the original post. 

17 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

That's not true. It's completely random what piece of gear is in which place.

I farm it in the hallway where you meet the couple from the raffle.

Or in that area you go back to after hall of heroes. You can loot the stores, back track to hall of heroes, then go back down and loot the stores again. Infinite lockpicks, $, and gear.

It can be farmed pretty much anywhere where there's a checkpoint right before a piece of gear though.

I got mine just before entering the Finkerton area. There a view point collectible and a boat type thing with a 5 lockpick door. The good thing is that its also a checkpoint save so I just did that a few times and managed to get blood and salt. 

Edited by DanteIshimura
  • Like 1

Don't mind my ignorance on the matter; I've played BioShock: Infinite more times than I can count, on multiple platforms, and have never gone out of my way to actively grind for gears. I don't understand why you would need to do such a thing, but obviously since I haven't myself, it never occurred to me that gears would be RNG - even after looking it up to double check. It sounds like you got what you're after anyway.

Yeah I have seen that exploit. To be honest all I wanted was blood and salt and the winter jacket thing for making jumping off and on the rails give a moment of invincibility. I got the blood salts but the winter jacket thing never reappeared and I'm now at the Factory where you have to fight off Fitzroy's goons and the Handyman. The checkpoints are the most frustrating thing in the game. 

The game definitely hasn't aged as well for me either when compared to the original BioShock.