End game viable with AI companions?

27 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Does Lancelot have any charge attacks? It only works while charging.

No he doesn't. I thought it was automatic the stout heart.

And the def +20%?(steady focus lvl 15) Is that only when Stout heart is active or is that one always active?

Otherwise I can put in another wrightstone as well if it doesn't work.

I dont have the Stout Heart Sigil.

Edited by Mr_Marty84

22 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

No he doesn't. I thought it was automatic the stout heart

No, it only works for charge attacks to protect you while charging. It doesn't work unless you charge an attack. You should just buy yourself a proper Stout Heart at Siero.

5 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

No, it only works for charge attacks to protect you while charging. It doesn't work unless you charge an attack. You should just buy yourself a proper Stout Heart at Siero.

So the Stout heart sigil does give the defense boost as long as I have the sigil equipped? 

The descriptions are a bit unclear for me.

But thnx for the help.

1 hour ago, Akrioz said:

I started with this spreadsheet as well but real fights seem a bit more complicated than what they have here. Eugen is def a CHAD, I've actually had him out-MVP me on fights where I played like total crap + the enemy spends a lot of time in the air (power scaled Griffin is probably the best example) but on the other hand I find Rosetta underwhelming a lot of the time. The AI doesn't seem very good at repositioning plants.

Their test boss is just the Earth Dragon as well, so keep that in mind. So not really much variety in the testing. Probably is still good as a rule of thumb though, I don't want to downplay the work they put into that. Especially since I had been sleeping on Eugen, never even put him in my party before.

34 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

No he doesn't. I thought it was automatic the stout heart.

Unfortunately not, if you want automatic stout heart at all times you need to buy the sigil from the Knickknack Shack, it's in treasure trade. Requires materials from the various Avia bosses (Id, Spear guy, magic sword lady, and the death robots.)

Also a couple random tips: People discovered that stout heart has a hidden 25% damage reduction component to it as well (in addition to an extra 5% from the skill tree I think every character has) that the game just doesn't mention at all, you can see some guy testing it here in a reddit post. So stout heart + steel nerves is quite a lot of damage reduction.

But also in regards to AI team building, stout heart is not good for them. You can see it mentioned in the various notes of that spreadsheet, but, it seems to mess with the AI and they won't dodge as much when they have stout heart active. I actually decided to take off every skill on my AI companions that granted it and the difference is pretty noticeable. That also means Id is a pretty unreliable AI companion for anyone who might be using him because he gets perma-stout heart while in dragon form (and also godmight form if you have his character sigil that gives that.) Anyway, makes gearing your AI easier though since you don't need to grind out 4 of the sigils, just 1 for you the player character.

Also one of the reasons I run Gran in my party is because he has damage cut (70% damage reduction if the AI manages to use it with the arts level 4 buff) and another skill that can give a 20-50% defense buff + take damage in place of allies (not sure how this actually works though tbh.) The AI is not really smart enough to use these buffs when you need them the most or when party members are grouped up, but, you can offset this some by giving him cooldown reduction.

The better you get at the game though the less you'll probably need this from a personal perspective. And it's just another DPS you can run if you ditch him.

Edited by ZenaxPure