People still play Trick Battles?

DecSim01

30 minutes ago, DecSim01 said:

Just never seem to find a game when queueing.

Seems to be extremely inactive or the queue system is broke. Also been getting 40+ min queues, only managed to find 1 tricks battle throughout my plat journey. 

• Like 1

I've been working on this one too. Sometimes I get a match or two in a few minutes, yet other times I spend upwards of an hour in the queue before giving up.

And then of course there's a bit of luck involved in the captures...

It's been a frustrating journey! Hopefully we'll be able to get this trophy.

• Like 1

I've just recently done this trophy (in the last few weeks) and as with many dead game mode trophies it's all about searching during the busy times of the day (usually evenings just after people finish work or weekends). The Abyss map is so much easier to get this trophy on than Hightower; immediately when you spawn you'll be in a very small area which you should never leave unless it's locked. There is a tiny grind rail to the right of the right ramp (from where you spawn) which no one seems to be interested in and forgets about. I often found myself completing this district just by keeping an eye on this one tiny grind rail and riding around the other modules to be safe. Hightower is a different beast because none of the districts are particularly small, but I stayed in the central long one most of the time.

The trophy seemed daunting to me at first but I ended up getting it done over the course of only 18 trick battles, averaging 2 districts per game, generally.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheJimmonator said:

I've just recently done this trophy (in the last few weeks) and as with many dead game mode trophies it's all about searching during the busy times of the day (usually evenings just after people finish work or weekends). The Abyss map is so much easier to get this trophy on than Hightower; immediately when you spawn you'll be in a very small area which you should never leave unless it's locked. There is a tiny grind rail to the right of the right ramp (from where you spawn) which no one seems to be interested in and forgets about. I often found myself completing this district just by keeping an eye on this one tiny grind rail and riding around the other modules to be safe. Hightower is a different beast because none of the districts are particularly small, but I stayed in the central long one most of the time.

The trophy seemed daunting to me at first but I ended up getting it done over the course of only 18 trick battles, averaging 2 districts per game, generally.

Managed to get this trophy done, yeah you’re right, it does seem incredibly daunting but actually didn’t take me up being as bad as I initially thought. That being said, it’s still definitely the most tedious trophy on the list.

2 hours ago, DecSim01 said:

Managed to get this trophy done, yeah you’re right, it does seem incredibly daunting but actually didn’t take me up being as bad as I initially thought. That being said, it’s still definitely the most tedious trophy on the list.

I also managed to get this done just now.

My advice:

There is only 1 map that is worth playing and unfortunately it's the least common map (from my experience) out of the 2. The map with 5 districts is the best map for farming, as most people leave the spawn area instantly leaving that district available. People also don't really contest the middle either, so I found myself managing to get between 2-6 districts per game on this map. The other map with only 3 districts is not even worth playing in my opinion, it's unlikely you'll be capturing any districts on that map unless you're lucky.

I also suggest playing on weekends between 12pm - 10pm, I found the queue times were around 3 minutes minimum.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DecSim01 said:

Glad you got it done! I'm actually finding the 50 mass races far more tedious than the trick battles, I finished the game having only done about 23 and there really is no good way to AFK it. I've resorted to using Remote Play on my computer (while I work) with R2 rubber banded and occasionally pressing X when the game seems to figure out that I'm AFK. The events are just too long and repetitive to want to do another 25 of them.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 8:45 PM, TheJimmonator said:

i can absolutely back this. when i did the plat last year it was the same problem. You need to hop into the evening hours and on weekends. I was able to do all of them on a Sunday evening. I loved the game but the online chunk is a huge mess and it will get harder and harder to get the plat in the future.

• Like 1