Uno Ps3 100% in 2024 Tips

servus99

I thought this thread was intended for the more recent UNO stack on PlayStation 4 and 5, but it appears not to be as that version (which I recently 100%'d) includes completely different trophies.

This one seems just as bad, if not worse than that version, though. I absolutely love UNO and play it a lot in person with friends/family, as well as on mobile, but the console versions seem to be much less enjoyable in comparison - at least in my experience.

Anyway, good luck to anybody going for any versions of UNO, at this rate. The version I played came bundled with every trophy hunter's nightmare; data corruption and loss, blue screen's/random crashes and frequent disconnections. It took me much longer to 100% than I thought it would, as a result of the aforementioned issues.

3 hours ago, Helyx said:

I found Jump-In to be one of the better variants to play, since you can just use a turbo.

Can you elaborate on your boosting method a little bit, so future players can maybe find an even better method than what I proposed?

Do you use the same settings I mentioned? How many consoles? Is it completely afk? How many turbo controllers do you need etc.?

With my method, Jump In isnt really worth it, as you rather just let the opponents draw a lot, and you play only 1 card per turn to make them draw more.

2 minutes ago, servus99 said:

Can you elaborate on your boosting method a little bit, so future players can maybe find an even better method than what I proposed?

Do you use the same settings I mentioned? How many consoles? Is it completely afk? How many turbo controllers do you need etc.?

With my method, Jump In isnt really worth it, as you rather just let the opponents draw a lot, and you play only 1 card per turn to make them draw more.

I was doing this the week of release, playing against real people. Jump-in was faster than playing standard rules, plus I could just turbo the game if I needed to walk away for a moment (it wasn't completely AFK, but might be possible now?)

Getting top 50 in 2009 wasn't nearly as bad a grind as it would be today. I'd imagine there's still a few players online, but your method of solo-boosting is sadly the only viable option these days. There's probably a way to completely automate the grind, using 4 consoles and 4 turbos, but I haven't looked at the game in nearly 15 years at this point, so I'm just guessing.

• Like 1

Am in the middle of this myself using two consoles and two TVs. Am averaging about 12,000 per hour using draw type 3 so that your dummy hand has as many cards as possible and also any cards you might need to go out, can’t play very often but in about 20 hours I’m already at rank 310, and 350,000 points. Hopefully will finally be done with this game this week 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bigevildeadman said:

Am in the middle of this myself using two consoles and two TVs. Am averaging about 12,000 per hour using draw type 3 so that your dummy hand has as many cards as possible and also any cards you might need to go out, can’t play very often but in about 20 hours I’m already at rank 310, and 350,000 points. Hopefully will finally be done with this game this week 

Sounds great. What exactly was Draw Type 3 again?

Edit: Make sure, if you are done with the game, to post your method and settings etc. here so future players benefit from it

Edited by servus99

• 3 weeks later...

@servus99 Thank you very much for posting in such detail of how to boost with multiple consoles 👍

Like yourself, I started Uno a long time ago, January 2010 to be exact, but I am inspired to finally attempt the grind for the last trophy.

I am using two PS3, and can confirm using your settings but changing to 'draw type 3', like @bigevildeadman suggested above, earns me xp quicker than 'draw type 2' (at least when using only two PS3). I am currently earning on average about 400xp per 2 minute round. 1200xp every 3 rounds, which takes 7-8 minutes with loading times. So around 9600xp every hour.

Edited by guylian
typo.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally done with the trophy.

100+ hours, 1,100,621 points, 2259 games (2095 wins, 164 losses). Simply the most boring and grindy game that I've ever played.

My settings:

Players: 6

Score: 250

Penalties: OFF

Draw: Type 3

Force play: OFF

Doing this on weekdays 30k each (5 days, 3-4 hours on average), weekends 60k each (2 days, 7-8 hours on average) so each week I got 270k points. I'm using 2 consoles.

Just be ready with a list of podcasts / songs / movies if you try to 100% this game.

Edited by joolean
  • Like 2

Dear @servus99,

Thank you so much for creating a guide for the coveted gold trophy in this game!

Unfortunately I can confirm that the US-version appears to cause problems in terms of matchmaking. As stated in the other thread here on psnprofiles, the US-version remains at 1.00. 

Having started the boost with 4 consoles a few days ago (while being able to match up without any issues), I can't get my alts to match with my main account today (my main has around 1k XP). 

My alts can match up with each other quickly and I'm even able to find my main in non-ranked matches. Even after winning an offline game with my main (and a non ranked - match), my main acc can't be found, though. 

I just tried one method described in the other thread which is using an account that never played UNO before. This didn't work for me either, so I'm completely unable to find Bizzy unless I would level up the other accounts as well. 

Best of success to all future players, hopefully matching will remain easily feasible with a 1.01-version from the EU! 

The settings I used (not sure whether they were optimal) were:

Players: 4

Score: 1000

Penalties: on

Draw: Type 3

Force Play: off

Uno 7-0: off

Jump - In: on

Brag: off

@Bizzy_Montana_ does your alt accounts have exp points? If they are zero, then they won't be matched with your main account that has already xp.

I suggest to get some points on your alts by playing them each other first, then when they have xp they should be able to find your main.

My alt has around 1K xp and I was always able to find it with my main.