Fire Safety trophy

Danyy___85

Since i'm starting with TR2 first because it's my all time favorite, i am having doubts about this one, i am really not sure how to make of this description, is it enemy tipes? Like the Flamethrouwer guys all need to hit you, or just one? Then the dragon and other enemies that will put Lara in fire. Because i did get flammed on each enemy from the rig to the deck. And no trophy. 

1 hour ago, Squarevii87 said:

Lara must catch fire from EACH(including dragon flame) flamethrower enemy and you must be near water to extinguish it

So if i remember right, then Lara needs to catch fire from every Flamethrower enemy and the dragon. Damn, this one is kinda shitty. Are there any other enemies besides the flamethrower guys and the dragon that can fire Lara? 

I think not, flamethrower guy and the dragon those 2 only

I don't know what level you are but at the end of level 10 The deck,before unlocking the last door there are 2 flamethrower enemies,I let them both hit me and I run straight to the water using medkits

I don't know if this counts

I will found out at the end

If not this trophy is very hard

9 hours ago, Squarevii87 said:

I think not, flamethrower guy and the dragon those 2 only

I don't know what level you are but at the end of level 10 The deck,before unlocking the last door there are 2 flamethrower enemies,I let them both hit me and I run straight to the water using medkits

I don't know if this counts

I will found out at the end

If not this trophy is very hard

I am in the monestary. And i have a save where i got hit by one flamer and blew him up just to be sure it was him who hit me and ran into the water. The other still needs to hit me. But then since i had used soo many med packs i did another save where i didn't get on fire. Sooo i will start the other one again, but if you manage to do it would be apreciated to know exactly if that is the case. 

6 hours ago, Beast_Mode255 said:

No other enemies besides the Flamethrower enemies and the dragon. 

I have a question about the Pistols only run tho, is there some trick to it? I only ask because the final level you don't get anything but the shotgun. 

I'm assuming Home Sweet Home is exempt from the pistols requirement - simply no way to complete the level without the shotgun. Looking at timestamps of people with the plat, looks like the pistols only trophy pops at the end of Dragon's Lair.

With regards to Flamethrower enemies, has anyone got a list of all of them in the game? I'm only at Diving Area where the first two appear.

5 hours ago, factualfiction said:

I'm assuming Home Sweet Home is exempt from the pistols requirement - simply no way to complete the level without the shotgun. Looking at timestamps of people with the plat, looks like the pistols only trophy pops at the end of Dragon's Lair.

With regards to Flamethrower enemies, has anyone got a list of all of them in the game? I'm only at Diving Area where the first two appear.

I don't have a list but I know "The Deck" is the last level they appear, and there's a lot of them in this level (5 I believe) one at the start, one by the swimming pool on the deck above where you start, one at the very bottom, inside one of the 2 brownish alcove thingys, and then 2 appear guarding the door at the very end when you go to grab the Seraph. After that the last enemy you need is the Dragon at the very end 

5 hours ago, Squarevii87 said:

I let each one flamethrower burn me and the extinguish it, except the 2 guys at the end of the deck ,I didn't have many medkits

So I let the both burn me and I run to the water

I think I made a mistake,it won't pop but I didn't have any other solution 

Right now I'm at the temple of Xian

When I get to the dragon I will found out

Great game the best of the series

Played it in 1998 with my older brother

We were kids back then using  strategy guides from magazines,no internet

Great feeling of loneliness and exploration is amazing

No more games like this

Era long gone

I'm 30 Years old and i watched people play when i was a kid and i played it too a little later on, and was really damn hard for me but was amazing. I'm still having a blast with the game. And also the first tomb raider and 4th were my next favorites (shame 4th one isn't included). I never played the third one tho... Now after this one and the first i will. Hope they patch the trophy for all items in TR1... 

• Like 1

Best tip a I give for the last two flamethrower guys on the deck are to:

-use the pool by the propella

-shoot one of them once this will cause him to run away and you focus on just one of them

- once you think both of them have set you on fire, finish the level by picking up the seph

-level skip to the dragons lair.

-play normally and extinguish yourself once the dragon sets you on fire. 

I did it this way because I didn't want to play the next few levels being unsure if they set me on fire and if they didn't I can repeat this method.

I hope this helps.

Some, not all. 

I've obtained 'I Really Think I've Seen Enough!' Through level skipping aswell.

I think level specific trophies are fine.

trophies like completing 'x' chapter, pistols only, speedrun and don't get hurt by 'x' on 'x' levels trophies won't unlock if you just level skip the whole game.

Although with Fire safety I did it legit up untill 'The Deck', completed the level then level skipped to the dragons for the last.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2024 at 11:37 AM, Danyy___85 said:

Since i'm starting with TR2 first because it's my all time favorite, i am having doubts about this one, i am really not sure how to make of this description, is it enemy tipes? Like the Flamethrouwer guys all need to hit you, or just one? Then the dragon and other enemies that will put Lara in fire. Because i did get flammed on each enemy from the rig to the deck. And no trophy. 

I thought it was types not the case.. it's every enemy that can set you on fire (Spoiler) ** even the boss on final level **( Spoiler) this trophy can be a beast and I'll tell you for now I hope you have an earlier save saved as you can't do it on new game plus 😅 no medi packs I just completed the game and thought it may pop as I did get set on fire on purpose by enemies I thought the game ment ( being close enough to extinguish I.e by water) nope they want you to get you ass set on fire and run halfway round the level to doubt it out 🤣 by every flame thrower enemy. It is doable with practice and you can line up quite a few so that you ignite by several enemies on 1 run. You will need a ton of medi packs though 👍

Edited by Shep_of_Coseley

11 hours ago, Shep_of_Coseley said:

I thought it was types not the case.. it's every enemy that can set you on fire (Spoiler) ** even the boss on final level **( Spoiler) this trophy can be a beast and I'll tell you for now I hope you have an earlier save saved as you can't do it on new game plus 😅 no medi packs I just completed the game and thought it may poo as I did get set on fire on purpose by enemies I thought the game ment ( being close enough to extinguish I.e by water) nope they want you to get you ass set on fire and run halfway round the level to doubt it out 🤣 by every flame thrower enemy. It is doable with practice and you can line up quite a few so that you ignite by several enemies on 1 run. You will need a ton of medi packs though 👍

That is the thing... I did NOT get hit by every flame guy. On the Deck, the last 2 they did not hit me, then i got to the Dragon and got the trophy! Maybe it's bugged, but in a good way! Soo i'm glad that is the case 😂

17 hours ago, Shep_of_Coseley said:

Good to have a nice bug for a change 😅 I've taken a step back now after getting 484 out of 485 collectibles due to a glitch 🤬🤣

You mean on TR1? That is rough... I Started with 2 because nostalgia reasons. The only TR that people managed to platinum. TR1 there is a all items glitch and TR3 seems that is the harder of them all it seems. I will wait for a patch to actually drop... 

4 minutes ago, Danyy___85 said:

You mean on TR1? That is rough... I Started with 2 because nostalgia reasons. The only TR that people managed to platinum. TR1 there is a all items glitch and TR3 seems that is the harder of them all it seems. I will wait for a patch to actually drop... 

TR1 has the uzi clips out of bounds in Atlantis while TR3 isn't letting anybody get into the bonus level.

I just popped this. For the two at the end of the deck, I got flamed by both at the same time and it was fine.

Also, this is actually cumulative across playthroughs. I didn't know about this trophy when playing Diving Area so I did not try for it. I made saves at the start of every chapter as backups, so after beating the game and getting flamed by everyone on deck + dragon, I returned to Diving Area. Got hit by all three flamethrowers and it popped when I extinguished the third time :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danyy___85 said:

That is shitty, is Apyre aware? And on TR3 is it only that the glitched trophy? 

There's also the zipline trophy in TR3 (use every zipline) nobody's earned because there's a zipline in All Hallows.

15 hours ago, Shemhazat said:

There's also the zipline trophy in TR3 (use every zipline) nobody's earned because there's a zipline in All Hallows.

Also read about the cristals that was not unlocking. It seems that TR2 is safe, TR1 has that Atlantis item bugged only and TR3 is the worst one with bugged trophies... 

On 2/19/2024 at 7:37 AM, Beast_Mode255 said:

No other enemies besides the Flamethrower enemies and the dragon. 

I have a question about the Pistols only run tho, is there some trick to it? I only ask because the final level you don't get anything but the shotgun. 

It doesn't include the showdown in the home at the end, only the main game up to Dragon's Lair.

On 2/25/2024 at 2:04 AM, Shemhazat said:

TR1 has the uzi clips out of bounds in Atlantis while TR3 isn't letting anybody get into the bonus level.

Thing is that isn't supposed to count, there are only 50 pickups in Atlantis not 51 so Aspyr needs to patch this, I believe the Unfinished Business is also effected right now.