What was the best psvr/psvr2 game you've ever played?

SpiderCerdo1987

I didn't play on PSVR/2 but The Walking Dead Saint's & Sinners (It's also on PS) and I really enjoyed Fallout 4 VR (Modded of course, too bad F4VR isn't on console)

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 7:16 PM, Startyde said:

I love Astro bot's rescue mission with a passion, it was worth the PSVR purchase alone for me. 

For those with PSVR2, has anyone played 7th Guest VR yet? I loved that game in the 90's and curious how it translated. I hope realMyst gets a port one day. 

7th Guest was good, but unfortunately it was one of the few VR games that consistently made me feel motion sick after playing for more than an hour or so.

I tell you what, I am very glad to see others mention Synth Riders (excellent taste @heavyrockerfin and @sheishem) because I absolutely love that game, I put hours into it even after getting 100% on both versions. However, the PSVR 2 version is better I think, in terms of tracking, comfortability with the controllers, etc. However, I will still mark it as a favourite on both platforms. 

Another game I feel deserves a mention, even though it might not be the most impressive, Batman Arkham VR. 

I will definitely agree with @Jeanolt and their opinion of Farpoint. Not to mention how the enemies jump on your face and stuff. Big no from me haha. 

I will also give a mention to Job Simulator and Accounting+ for both being frankly silly and unserious games, but it is part of the charm. Oh and Drunkn Bar Fight. Not to suggest they are the best by any measure but mindless fun is what these games do well in. 

There are some games that I still want to experience, such as Astro Bot, Blood & Truth and Beat Saber. Oh and Puzzling Places, for when I need something relaxing. 

• Like 2

On 3/23/2024 at 11:47 AM, GothGirlMaxine said:

I tell you what, I am very glad to see others mention Synth Riders (excellent taste @heavyrockerfin and @sheishem) because I absolutely love that game, I put hours into it even after getting 100% on both versions. However, the PSVR 2 version is better I think, in terms of tracking, comfortability with the controllers, etc. However, I will still mark it as a favourite on both platforms. 

For Synth Riders on any platform make sure that you play the "experience levels" that are sold separately. However, if you have it on psvr2 you absolutely need to make sure that you experience how it plays with the Spin 180 modifier turned on. The psvr2 pulls off that mode amazingly well (you turn around while the stage itself moves the location from where the spheres come at you). That didn't work well with psvr1, because that didn't have full tracking all around you, but with psvr2 it looks and feels even better than Beat Saber's 90/360 degree stages. And this opinion comes from someone who liked Beat Saber and Dance Collider more than Synth Riders, but psvr2's Synth Riders with Spin 180 on is really a glimpse into what next-gen VR gaming will be like, with wonderful levels where you do things in all directions, making them very dynamic and engaging cardio activities.

On 3/23/2024 at 11:47 AM, GothGirlMaxine said:

There are some games that I still want to experience, such as Astro Bot, Blood & Truth and Beat Saber. Oh and Puzzling Places, for when I need something relaxing. 

If you want relaxing or zen-like happy material, and you own a psvr1, and you still haven't seen Fujii and Astro Bot Rescue Mission, please make an appointment for yourself on a weekend and get to experience those. The "cozy" (peaceful/happy/relaxing) games category is getting much more famous nowadays, and when I constantly see people recommending Stardew Valley and the similar farming sims as the "best games in the category," I immediately know that they don't know about Fujii's existence or about Astro Bot in VR. Those are literally the top "happy vibe" games I ever played. Nothing comes close to them in that category, not even Abzu, Journey, Xing, Aer, or The First Tree, which are all very nice games, but they can't compete with Fujii or Astro Bot in making the player feel the happy vibes all around you.

It's criminal that Sony left Astro Bot locked in the psvr1. Or maybe, they just do it to sell more psvr1 systems; that's probably why Astro Bot 1 was left there (we are talking about one of the top 5 VR games of all time, playable only on the psvr1, on year 2000-freaking-24, lol). Since you already own the psvr1, don't miss the opportunity of seeing Fujii (my favorite "cozy game" of all time) and Astro Bot Rescue Mission, which was like a real vacation for me when I played it years ago. Enjoy! 😎😄

Edited by ValkerianCreator
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2024 at 5:20 AM, ValkerianCreator said:

For Synth Riders on any platform make sure that you play the "experience levels" that are sold separately. However, if you have it on psvr2 you absolutely need to make sure that you experience how it plays with the Spin 180 modifier turned on. The psvr2 pulls off that mode amazingly well (you turn around while the stage itself moves the location from where the spheres come at you).

If you want relaxing or zen-like happy material, and you own a psvr1, and you still haven't seen Fujii and Astro Bot Rescue Mission, please make an appointment for yourself on a weekend and get to experience those. The "cozy" (peaceful/happy/relaxing) games category is getting much more famous nowadays, and when I constantly see people recommending Stardew Valley and the similar farming sims as the "best games in the category," I immediately know that they don't know about Fujii's existence or about Astro Bot in VR. Those are literally the top "happy vibe" games I ever played. Nothing comes close to them in that category, not even Abzu, Journey, Xing, Aer, or The First Tree, which are all very nice games, but they can't compete with Fujii or Astro Bot in making the player feel the happy vibes all around you.

It's criminal that Sony left Astro Bot locked in the psvr1. Or maybe, they just do it to sell more psvr1 systems; that's probably why Astro Bot 1 was left there (we are talking about one of the top 5 VR games of all time, playable only on the psvr1, on year 2000-freaking-24, lol). Since you already own the psvr1, don't miss the opportunity of seeing Fujii (my favorite "cozy game" of all time) and Astro Bot Rescue Mission, which was like a real vacation for me when I played it years ago. Enjoy! 😎😄

Thanks for the recommendation in regards to Synth Riders, I have played the game a fair bit but never looked into that modifier much. 

As for Astro Bot, I am thinking of grabbing it physically at some point, definitely on my list of to-play PSVR games (although I would love a PSVR 2 version but I don’t know if that would happen) and as for Fujii, I have had that installed on my PS5 for so long, like years literally, and never got round to playing it. I really want to experience it and your words have only made me want to play it even more, so thank you Valkerian, I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Moss is a fantastic game. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned (maybe it has and I missed it). Easily the best game I played on PSVR2.

Moss 2 is much better than the first. So, if you were talking about Moss 1 there, I'm guessing Moss 2 will end up as your favorite VR game then.

Moss 2 was my favorite VR platinum to get. I really enjoyed that one. It's one of the very few that I did twice (on psvr1 and psvr2).

21 hours ago, ValkerianCreator said:

Moss 2 is much better than the first. So, if you were talking about Moss 1 there, I'm guessing Moss 2 will end up as your favorite VR game then.

Moss 2 was my favorite VR platinum to get. I really enjoyed that one. It's one of the very few that I did twice (on psvr1 and psvr2).

Oh wow, I didn't know that. And yes I was talking about the first game.

Unfortunately I no longer have my PSVR2 as I returned it. I wasn't getting use out of it and couldn't find many good games on there. Hopefully I'll still get a chance to play Moss 2 one day.

On 4/2/2024 at 3:33 PM, PeachyJacobs said:

Hopefully I'll still get a chance to play Moss 2 one day.

Most people don't think of doing this for just 1 game, but there is always the option of buying a new headset or a new console from amazon and returning it within 2 weeks (3 weeks max, just to be safe on the return window) and getting a full refund. During those two weeks you can try out or play whatever you want. That was how I tested pc vr with an HTC Vive Cosmos Elite ($800) and played through Half-life Alyx, a couple of years ago. Then, I returned it new, after 3 weeks, and got the $800 back. I didn't get the other $50-$90 back (from buying the SteamVR games), but that's fair. I "rented" pc vr and a good pc vr headset for ~$80, which was the cost of the Steam VR games I tried. And for the record, that was when I realized that the only pc vr game that could seriously compete with the best of psvr1 was Half-life Alyx. PC VR versions of other psvr1 games I tried weren't better, as marketing would lead you to believe. They were almost the same as in psvr1.

Moss 2, unlike others, is available for several headsets, so it doesn't necessarily have to be played with a ps5 and a psvr2. I did enjoy it just as much with the psvr1 version, but obviously, they improved the graphics a little for psvr2. It's still the same well-done game and sequel in the psvr1 version however.

For the record, before doing something like this, be sure you check what amazon's return policy is for the item. Things may have changed in 2 years. Back then, it was full refund back, but I heard this sort of thing might start to get some "return fee" this year. So, check before buying, if you are going to do something like this (with the intention of returning it) like I did. Also, for this sort of thing, only buy from amazon itself, not from another seller that uses amazon, because that seller might have an extra return fee for large or expensive items, but amazon is not likely to have that.

And the reason for return can be anything that makes sense: "I am disappointed with pc vr and the HTC Vive. $800 and it's on a tie with the $250 psvr1, what a joke!! I'm sending it back!" 😁 translation: I already played through Half-life Alyx, now I want the $800 back; thank you very much. 😎

• Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 11:37 PM, PeachyJacobs said:

Moss is a fantastic game. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned (maybe it has and I missed it). Easily the best game I played on PSVR2.

On 4/1/2024 at 10:34 PM, ValkerianCreator said:

Kurwa tak! I keep meaning to play the Moss games and then I never do. Shame Moss 2 is digital only though. I have Moss 1 physically but not bought 2 yet (unless it is hiding away in one of my alts)

On another note, I do fancy checking out Walkabout Golf on PSVR 2 but not heard much about it. 

On 4/3/2024 at 6:01 PM, GothGirlMaxine said:

Kurwa tak! I keep meaning to play the Moss games and then I never do. Shame Moss 2 is digital only though. I have Moss 1 physically but not bought 2 yet (unless it is hiding away in one of my alts)

On another note, I do fancy checking out Walkabout Golf on PSVR 2 but not heard much about it. 

Kurwa tak? No idea what that means. Hopefully, it's like "Hakuna Matata" from The Lion King, but in another language 🤣😁😎.

I recently had a little VR golf tour with Walkabout Mini golf (psvr2), Everybody's Golf VR (psvr1), and Moonshot Galaxy (psvr1). The best one by far is Walkabout. It's as good for golf and minigolf as Racket Fury is for table tennis. If you have even a small interest in playing a good VR golf game, you are going to be very satisfied with Walkabout Mini golf, especially with that low $15 entry price they ask for it. At the very very beginning, it doesn't seem that great, but when you start to play the full courses and you see how well-designed they all are, and how realistic the whole minigolf dynamic feels there, you will understand very quickly why that golf game is praised so much. It's one of the few where it really feels a lot like the real sport. However, because you can get fancier with the course designs in VR, it's probably even better than a real minigolf course. I seriously doubt that the real-life minigolf courses are as good as the ones I saw in Walkabout.

However, as good as that is, it's still a golf game. Moss 2 and Astro Bot Rescue Mission are way better than any golf game, if you ask me. And the 1st time playing through them is like something special (like an experience pretty much). The interesting thing here, is that I think Walkabout Minigolf is a better game than Moss 1 but not a better game than Moss 2. That should tell you a lot about the difference that I noticed between the two Moss games, and also about the quality of that minigolf game. For reference, I will say that it took me several months to finish Moss 1 because I got bored with the puzzles and stopped playing it. I liked it, but it didn't get me hooked. With Moss 2, I platinumed it and did everything in the psvr1 version in just 2 weeks, even though it was TWICE longer than Moss 1. Then, after I got psvr2, I got Moss 1+2 there again and did both of them all over again (in speedrun style 😎). This time I liked Moss 1 more, but I think that's the case only because it is the prequel to Moss 2.

Moss 2 has my favorite ending in a VR game so far and my favorite final boss. Stay spoiler free for Moss 2! Avoid all videos, posts, etc. Seeing the last parts of Moss 2 without knowing anything about what was going to happen there was among my favorite VR moments. It's worth mentioning that Moss 2 also has puzzles, but even the puzzles were a lot more entertaining to do than the ones in Moss 1. Also, I think this needs to be mentioned: although I like the ending and the final boss in Moss 2 even more than the alien battle in Astro Bot, as a whole (and especially in the first half) Astro Bot is better than Moss 2. To put it simple, you are missing two of the best VR games available if you don't play Moss 2 and Astro Bot.

8 hours ago, heavyrockerfin said:

Moss 1 was a great start for my PSVR journey. :) Easy for the non-initiated. Gotta pick up the sequel at some point. I got TWD Saints&Sinners on my wishlist too :)

Go for it! Saints & Sinners looks decent, but not really seen much about it (not much of the horror type, except the few small horror experiences I played which don't have jumpscares haha) 

43 minutes ago, ValkerianCreator said:

Kurwa tak? No idea what that means. Hopefully, it's like "Hakuna Matata" from The Lion King, but in another language 🤣😁😎.

I recently had a little VR golf tour with Walkabout Mini golf (psvr2), Everybody's Golf VR (psvr1), and Moonshot Galaxy (psvr1). The best one by far is Walkabout. It's as good for golf and minigolf as Racket Fury is for table tennis. If you have even a small interest in playing a good VR golf game, you are going to be very satisfied with Walkabout Mini golf, especially with that low $15 entry price they ask for it. At the very very beginning, it doesn't seem that great, but when you start to play the full courses and you see how well-designed they all are, and how realistic the whole minigolf dynamic feels there, you will understand very quickly why that golf game is praised so much. It's one of the few where it really feels a lot like the real sport. However, because you can get fancier with the course designs in VR, it's probably even better than a real minigolf course. I seriously doubt that the real-life minigolf courses are as good as the ones I saw in Walkabout.

However, as good as that is, it's still a golf game. Moss 2 and Astro Bot Rescue Mission are way better than any golf game, if you ask me. And the 1st time playing through them is like something special (like an experience pretty much). The interesting thing here, is that I think Walkabout Minigolf is a better game than Moss 1 but not a better game than Moss 2. That should tell you a lot about the difference that I noticed between the two Moss games, and also about the quality of that minigolf game. For reference, I will say that it took me several months to finish Moss 1 because I got bored with the puzzles and stopped playing it. I liked it, but it didn't get me hooked. With Moss 2, I platinumed it and did everything in the psvr1 version in just 2 weeks, even though it was TWICE longer than Moss 1. Then, after I got psvr2, I got Moss 1+2 there again and did both of them all over again (in speedrun style 😎). This time I liked Moss 1 more, but I think that's the case only because it is the prequel to Moss 2.

Moss 2 has my favorite ending in a VR game so far and my favorite final boss. Stay spoiler free for Moss 2! Avoid all videos, posts, etc. Seeing the last parts of Moss 2 without knowing anything about what was going to happen there was among my favorite VR moments. It's worth mentioning that Moss 2 also has puzzles, but even the puzzles were a lot more entertaining to do than the ones in Moss 1. Also, I think this needs to be mentioned: although I like the ending and the final boss in Moss 2 even more than the alien battle in Astro Bot, as a whole (and especially in the first half) Astro Bot is better than Moss 2. To put it simple, you are missing two of the best VR games available if you don't play Moss 2 and Astro Bot.

Haha "kurwa tak", it is how we say "f*ck yes" in Polish 😂 I use it more as an expression of enthusiasm than anything else. (Not to be confused with saying "kurwa" on it's own)

Anyway! Walkabout Mini Golf looks really chilled out and nice (much like Puzzling Places in that sense) but yeah, I will most likely buy that soon enough after I tackle some of my backlog. The game seems fun indeed but I shall give more opinions when I play it. I have been to mini golf places in real life and it's pretty fun, so it would be interesting to see how it compares.

Honestly, I think I'm gonna play all of them in time. But yeah, given they are all different games and stuff, it's not easy to compare as such aside from how effective they are as VR experiences. Because of Moss 1 being a prequel, is it better to play Moss 2 first or play 1 first? 

I shall avoid anything regarding 2, I'll likely play both games blind at least once to not spoil the experience. But I shall absolutely play Moss 2 and Astro Bot regardless.

Also, I saw Jurassic World Aftermath Collection is 60% off on sale currently, is it worth picking up? I don't know if you played it but it looks interesting. 

Thank you for the inputs regarding Moss 1 & 2, Astro Bot and Walkabout, it's very much appreciated ^^

2 hours ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

Because of Moss 1 being a prequel, is it better to play Moss 2 first or play 1 first? 

Also, I saw Jurassic World Aftermath Collection is 60% off on sale currently, is it worth picking up? I don't know if you played it but it looks interesting. 

Moss 2 starts at the same place where Moss 1 ends, and it spoils almost everything about Moss 1 right there, at the beginning. Obviously, it is a direct sequel and it can be played by itself without missing a lot, but it would be even better if you play them in order. And if you own a copy of the first one, it makes sense to beat it first. It is not a long game at all. If you get stuck in any of the puzzles, just look up that portion in a youtube playthrough and keep going. You will beat Moss 1 very fast. A good way to look at Moss 1+2 is as if they were one bigger game with a mid-boss (end of Moss 1) and a much better second half and final boss (Moss 2).

I never played the Jurassic World VR game, but based on a review I saw, it seems to be a stealth game with cartoonish graphics, like the ones in Borderlands 2 VR. As far as stealth games go in VR, I think it is very unlikely that it will be better than Budget Cuts. The user ratings in psn also confirm that. I think they were 4.1/5 for Budget Cuts and 3.6/5 for the Jurassic Park game. I played a few hours of Budget Cuts on psvr1. It definitely felt like it was the best stealth game in VR, but it is a challenging one. Eventually, I will return to it with the psvr2 version that has Budget Cuts 1+2 together, but I am not in the mood to get one-shot by funny surveillance robots now. 😄

I haven't played PSVR2, my favourite VR game is Iron Man VR, this seems like it might be an unpopular opinion but I prefer games with a lot of intense motion. I don't get motion sickness while playing VR. 

• 4 weeks later...

There were kind a few games I really enjoyed much. By far TWD Saints & Sinners was the best one in my opinion. So hard to put down the VR and stop playing. I'm not much of a horror fan (in other words I'm easily scared and would never play something like Resident Evil in VR) and I enjoyed the survival aspect and the exploration in TWD S&S very much.

Another game I would like to mention is Dino Frontier. It was really fun to play with those little dinosaurs and watch them wiggle around. When I started a new account and was kinda happy to earn those trophies again I noticed the game crashes everytime on my ps5 😕But it's definitly a good reason to boot up my ps4 again.