i can't understand why TF they still bother with asset materia at this point of the game...????

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Profeelgood said:

Because that's how it was in the original....and this is a remake....adds strategy....I dunno. Doesn't make much of a difference to me. 

Because it doesn't matter if you scan enemy or not in old game, hell, it doesn't even matter here if they didn't slap a trophy about scan everything in this game, accord to trphy guide some enemy is missable

That make you have to put asset in one of your slot ready just incase, otherwise you can use that slot to level up other materia in prepare for hard run

Edited by ShariusTC

4 hours ago, ShariusTC said:

... just put it as one of cloud ability since he sit his ass all time in active party, rather than waste player a materia slot just incase new enemy show off, and for boss

I have found it pretty useful to get an idea of what i'm fighting in real time.

• Like 1

Also, there is a minigame at the beginning of Chapter 5. I dunno if you have to win all 6 matches, but I did and I got Assess ear rings. So that can free up a materia spot. You gotta sacrifice accessory slot, but hey. Trade offs. 

• Like 1

I'm still on the wee hours of the game and honestly, I'm glad that the Asses materia is utilized in the game. It makes me more embrace the game for its remake. It makes me more being immerse in the game. Plus, there is this mini OCD in me that I want to assess all of my enemies in the Enemy Intel. Sooooooo.... 

23 hours ago, Profeelgood said:

Also, there is a minigame at the beginning of Chapter 5. I dunno if you have to win all 6 matches, but I did and I got Assess ear rings. So that can free up a materia spot. You gotta sacrifice accessory slot, but hey. Trade offs. 

What that wouldn't be that big a trade off if you bump it too easy. Since you have to do a hard playthrough. For plat like the last one right?

44 minutes ago, Zid960 said:

What that wouldn't be that big a trade off if you bump it too easy. Since you have to do a hard playthrough. For plat like the last one right?

I mean, for the initial playthrough, yeah probably. Even for normal it's not much of a tradeoff. 

I'm assuming on hard, you keep your assess data anyways. 

Basically, this guy is just complaining to complain. 

If that's all you got to cry about. Everything else about this is 10/10. 

On 3/1/2024 at 4:57 AM, ShariusTC said:

... just put it as one of cloud ability since he sit his ass all time in active party, rather than waste player a materia slot just incase new enemy show off, and for boss

This way you can put assess on a different character. For example: 

Spoiler

In chapter 3 the party is separated and you play as Barrett. I switched the materia from Cloud to Barrett for that segment. If it was just an ability that Cloud had, then you wouldn't   be able to use assess whenever he is not in the party. 

I find assess very useful for battles. I would fail a lot of battles/challenges without it because I wouldn't know what strategy to use.

On 3/1/2024 at 8:01 AM, ShariusTC said:

Because it doesn't matter if you scan enemy or not in old game, hell, it doesn't even matter here if they didn't slap a trophy about scan everything in this game, accord to trphy guide some enemy is missable

That make you have to put asset in one of your slot ready just incase, otherwise you can use that slot to level up other materia in prepare for hard run

Assess is also necessary because some of the VR missions require assessing X amount of enemies in the associated region to unlock them. Those VR missions also tend to give you some pretty good Materia as rewards, so it's worth using it all the way up to when that Accessory becomes available.

Assess is also useful because some enemies have very specific Pressured and Stagger mechanics and the Assess screen often shows exactly how to do that. Probably less of an issue if you are playing on Easy, but i'd imagine it is vital to know that stuff for Hard mode.

It's already been mentioned, you can get an Accessory later on which passively gives you the highest rank of Assess negating the need for a materia slot being taken up.

It -is- useful and it's a requirement to engage with some of the other gameplay systems and missions. But it's also very optional, so if you aren't bothered with the Platinum, then don't use it. If you are bothered with the Platinum, then you'll just have to manage yourself through it.

As you naturally level up, craft upgrades, get better gear - your Materia slot availability expands, you also get nifty Materia which combine elements etc, so it really is a non-issue.

Edited by Buff_Cupcake