Poor matchmaking?

Hey guys. I'm really enjoying outlast trials playing with randoms. It's so much fun and I've had a blast that almost all the trophies have come just naturally playing. 

However I am having serious issues with the matchmaking. Don't know if it's just me but I doubt it. Just trying to search for any trials takes forever and rarely ever connects me to any people. 

Once I do connect everything runs smooth and never had any issues. It's the matchmaking that is horrible for some reason. It feels like no one is playing at any given time of the day.

Anyone with the same issue as me?

8 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Hey guys. I'm really enjoying outlast trials playing with randoms. It's so much fun and I've had a blast that almost all the trophies have come just naturally playing. 

However I am having serious issues with the matchmaking. Don't know if it's just me but I doubt it. Just trying to search for any trials takes forever and rarely ever connects me to any people. 

Once I do connect everything runs smooth and never had any issues. It's the matchmaking that is horrible for some reason. It feels like no one is playing at any given time of the day.

Anyone with the same issue as me?

the matchmaking is the most annoying part of the game, and really my only complaint going for the platinum. Mainly because there is no way for you to host a game unless you are just playing with friends. The most annoying part is 9/10 times when you search to play a specific trial, it gives a random person host and they can change it to any trial they want. More than less you will need to find a session a few times because someone cancels matchmaking before you are able to all get in a lobby together. I usually searched for a match and if I was not host, i simply left until I got host.

Matchmaking seems to be a bit buggy because there's a decent number of people active on Steam at any one time plus you've got the PS and Xbox communities.

Sometimes I can search for a team for any trial and not find a single game in 30 mins of searching. Other times, it'll say game found, load, then cancel the matchmaking.

Game is great fun but definitely miles better with premade groups.

• 2 weeks later...

The match making is strange yea. 

And I gotta say, much to my own shock, I was a big fan of the last 2 Outlast games... that I'm finding this game a little boring. I do like 1 or 2 trials then turn it off and do something else. Normally I get really into games and time flies and I end up doing massive sessions without even realising... but not with this one 🤷‍♂️

Graphics are great imo for a £30 game, but yea I'm just not loving it like I thought I would 🤷‍♂️

It is surprisingly easy too. Least the trophies will be no issue.