Crow Country [May 9, 2024] (PS1 era-inspired survival horror)

B3E4WQ6.png

https://crowcountrygame.com

The creators of celebrated point-and-click murder mystery Tangle Tower return with a retro-inspired survival horror set in an abandoned theme park.

A Survival Horror adventure featuring: A rich atmosphere. A strong, tangible sense of place. A small but memorable cast of characters. Meaningful exploration. Engaging puzzles. And most of all - a beautiful, uncanny blend of tension and tranquillity.

The year is 1990. Edward Crow has disappeared. The owner of 'Crow Country' (a small theme park in the rural outskirts of Atlanta, Georgia), he has not been seen since he unexpectedly shut down his park two years ago. The silence is broken when a mysterious young woman named Mara Forest ventures into the heart of the abandoned theme park in order to find him.

• Why did Crow really shut down his park?
• Are the disturbing rumours about Crow Country true?
• Who, exactly, is Mara Forest?

Crow Country's story explores reckless human greed and the idea of an unforgivable sin.

DEMO VERSION:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP6092-PPSA19319_00-0733206963627086
Features an 'Exploration Mode', for those who wish to enjoy the game without being attacked.

Zt5eTVw.jpeg

yQfVECR.jpeg

wVO4XcJ.jpeg

RCQVC9M.png

Edited by ziggypossum
Finally, we have a release date
  • Like 3

I played a demo of this a month or two ago but despite being a big fan of old school Resident Evil style games, I couldn't get into it.  The controls, (for the demo at least), were hard to get to grips with.  The graphics/art style presentation were a bit too cartoonish for my liking as well.  It's something I'll keep tabs on anyway.