How to access Deluxe Edition content?

Veritas7Ax

I assumed you had to reach the hideout the first time to get the deluxe content (extra shirts, 20k gears, guitar skins, etc.) but I finished the first level, interacted with the mirror at the hideout and nothing. I feel like I must be missing something obvious.

Bethesda's site basically says the same thing, so I dunno what I'm doing wrong. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Nothing. Anyone else get Deluxe and also run into this problem?

1 minute ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Yep, that was exactly the page I was referring to, so yeah, it's weird. I didn't even get a notification about the 20k gears.

My only theory is that something got borked when I started the game on Easy, closed the app so I could restart on Normal. The game didn't log a save file for me at all, but maybe the game only grants one save file access to the extra content? That would be kinda weird if so, but that's all I got.

And in case anyone asks, it does in fact say Deluxe Edition. And under "Manage Game Content" on my PS5, it says the Deluxe Edition Content is "useable", for what that's worth.

For more testing, I deleted all my save data and started over. Still nothing at the hideout after the first level. Interacted with the mirror, etc., etc.

33 minutes ago, OmartheWumpa said:

You have to finish the story first. The cosmetic store will unlock once you've done that. 👍

Not saying I don't believe you, but that feels so backwards for extra content. Most of the time they give it to you upfront, especially since you pay extra for it.

Just seems odd.

9 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

For more testing, I deleted all my save data and started over. Still nothing at the hideout after the first level. Interacted with the mirror, etc., etc.

Not saying I don't believe you, but that feels so backwards for extra content. Most of the time they give it to you upfront, especially since you pay extra for it.

Just seems odd.

Yeah it's fine man, I get you. Idk why it's set like that but it is. I guess we just have to live with it. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure about the outfit stuff (I remember there being no options other than the default/beginning outfit when I played the first level on Xbox Series X last year) but I did have a few options for each category and I did get my 20k Gears upon start up.

Don't know what the issue is or could be🤷‍♂️