Excessive Game Crashes

Is anyone else experiencing extremely frequent crashes while playing NG+? I’m easily racking up 5-6 crashes in less than 30 minutes of gameplay. The game is essentially unplayable and I don’t see anything indicating this is on Insomniacs radar.

I’ve deleted and installed the entire game, I’ve tried playing a whole new NG+ play through on a different save slot and nothing is working. Curious if I’m alone in these issues or if anyone has any suggestions.

UPDATE: I think I found a fix! See comment below for details. Making a separate post so that anyone following this topic gets notified.

Edited by Matticus182

I've been having the exact same issues with this new patch. I played and platinum'ed the game totally fine on launch. Now i can barely play 15-30 mins without a complete shutdown. Even cleaned my PS5 thinking it could be something there.

Hm, I'm not having any crashes at all. Never had one the entire time I played for Platinum.

I am, however, stuck in the school flashback at the beginning of the game, when Peter has to get to the photo lab to refill his web shooters. 

Every time I go into the room prior to the photo lab, the guard hears me enter the door (he's supposed to) but the camera gets stuck staring at him. I can move around and jump, but the camera stays fixed on him. I can't climb the ladder to go into the ceiling to get to the photo lab.

I've moved on for now as apparently this latest patch has borked the game in more ways than one. Whenever the dlc comes out I guess I'll come back to it.

Edited by yowzagabowza

Posted (edited)

Yeah my platinum journey was fine, it’s been since the NG+ update came out that everything broke.

For your specific problem, I thought the game was broke there too but it’s just that I forgot the controls lol. You need to either hold X or hit R2 + L2 to web to the ceiling.

13 hours ago, rosepapi305 said:

I've been having the exact same issues with this new patch. I played and platinum'ed the game totally fine on launch. Now i can barely play 15-30 mins without a complete shutdown. Even cleaned my PS5 thinking it could be something there.

I even cleared my PS5 cache and tried playing with the default suit since I’ve heard bugs associated with various suits and still no luck.

Edited by Matticus182

• 1 month later...

I have found a fix that's currently working for me!

I went into Visual Setting and changed the graphics mode from "Fidelity" (aka 30FPS) to "Performance" (aka 60 FPS). This has allowed me to have several multi-hour gaming sessions with no crashes during gameplay or cut scenes. Both crashes were localized to when I was sitting on a pause menu. I'm also going to reach out to Insomniac to hopefully get this fixed so I can play the game on the recommended graphic setting.