Great Job To These People, They Have The Hardest Platinum

All Of These 20 People Are pretty a much The G.O.A.T. on PlayStation 
Platinums/ Trophies.Right? All of These people are The True Platinum Champions. This platinum Probably Took Months. Great Job To these 20 Trophy Champs!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, armamac14 said:

Platinums/ Trophies.Right? All of These people are The True Platinum Champions. This platinum Probably Took Months. Great Job To these 20 Trophy Champs!

There's more than 20 they just don't show up on the leaderboard the game really isn't too bad with experience, a lot of people just chicken out at first glance at the list. The PSN is completely rigged tho since all kinds of cheaters just autopop the game for fun they get removed, but the rarity still goes up as they still have the trophies on their account

8 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

But it only has a difficulty rating of 10/10.

Needs at least 50 x playthroughs.

And takes almost 1000 hours to complete.

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Synchrony might change the difficult to a 9.5/10 those new changes really help out a lot, the amount of playthroughs are exaggerated you can get the platinum in under 10 if you truly know what you're doing, also the 1000 hours is just a placeholder a lot of people finish the game way faster as it is a very short game. 

Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, armamac14 said:

I can recall myself and at least 3-4 others that have the platinum that aren't listed on the achievers list. So it's at least 23-24.

As Yukiko said also, we can probably expect the platinum to be significantly easier than it used to be with this new DLC, but still a pretty daunting challenge none-the-less. 

Edited by SlimSanta94

8 minutes ago, Reign_Of_Fire88 said:

Looked at the gameplay but with the constant shifting color patterns no way could I handle 100's of hours of this. My hat off to whoever could 100% this game. 

It's a feature for those that are deaf and can't physically play this game you can choose to turn it off, most people keep it on as an alternative way to figure about the speed you need to dancing to keep the rhythm going

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 4:24 PM, Yukiko Miyamoto said:

Synchrony might change the difficult to a 9.5/10 those new changes really help out a lot, the amount of playthroughs are exaggerated you can get the platinum in under 10 if you truly know what you're doing, also the 1000 hours is just a placeholder a lot of people finish the game way faster as it is a very short game. 

What changes make the plat easier? Anything else besides the more monk health and enemy cap?

5 hours ago, FireFoxAi said:

What changes make the plat easier? Anything else besides the more monk health and enemy cap?

Being able to change the FOV, easier to see silhouettes, new on beat traps increases the odds of traps spawning for Dove, small changes to Death metal and Coral Riff, Bolt can throw her weapon without breaking low% state and reworked the beat making it more accurate. The best change is definitely Monk as his low% is a pain now it should feel somewhat possible now since he is finally treated like other challenge characters. Low% runs will be slightly easier thanks to the very small boss nerfs and increased FOV to see everything. Its still going to be a pain to pull off which is why it is probably never going below 9 difficulty.

On 3/22/2024 at 12:24 AM, Yukiko Miyamoto said:

Synchrony might change the difficult to a 9.5/10 those new changes really help out a lot

I don't think this DLC makes it that much easier. If Super Meat Boy is a 10/10, then obviously NecroDancer deserves that difficulty rating too. Even if people argue Super Meat Boy is a 9/10 or even an 8/10, NecroDancer is obviously harder than that.

Even without drawing comparisons, I'd say NecroDancer is still what defines a 10/10 but yeah you don't need 1000 hours to beat it nor 50 playthroughs. I haven't tried the new update yet so I might be wrong but I doubt these DLC changes help new players that much to the point where it's considered significantly easier. They may help veterans who are struggling on the last trophy save 20-30 hours depending on their skill and RNG.

Edited by SlienTheCake
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, SlienTheCake said:

I don't think this DLC makes it that much easier. If Super Meat Boy is a 10/10, then obviously NecroDancer deserves that difficulty rating too. Even if people argue Super Meat Boy is a 9/10 or even an 8/10, NecroDancer is obviously harder than that.

Even without drawing comparisons, I'd say NecroDancer is still what defines a 10/10 but yeah you don't need 1000 hours to beat it nor 50 playthroughs. I haven't tried the new update yet so I might be wrong but I doubt these DLC changes help new players that much to the point where it's considered significantly easier. They may help veterans who are struggling on the last trophy save 20-30 hours depending on their skill and RNG.

Monk has the toughest low% now that he is changed to be more fair he practically treated like the rest of the challenge characters, the new timed on beat traps increase the odds overall to have traps spawn, Death Metal and Coral Riff got some small nerfs, and the increased FOV can be used to see enemies beforehand without actually fully seeing them to aggro them it might seem useless since you have to go in every room to even make it work, but this will help on the higher zones like 3 and 4.

20 hours ago, Yukiko Miyamoto said:

Being able to change the FOV, easier to see silhouettes, new on beat traps increases the odds of traps spawning for Dove, small changes to Death metal and Coral Riff, Bolt can throw her weapon without breaking low% state and reworked the beat making it more accurate. The best change is definitely Monk as his low% is a pain now it should feel somewhat possible now since he is finally treated like other challenge characters. Low% runs will be slightly easier thanks to the very small boss nerfs and increased FOV to see everything. Its still going to be a pain to pull off which is why it is probably never going below 9 difficulty.

Thank you for the reply and explanation. I have to admit this is pretty disappointing, as it could potentially be seen that any Necrodancer platinums earned after the dlc release date aren't as valuable as the ones earned prior to it, to no fault of the player earning it. It feels almost as though one missed out.

• Confused 1

On 3/23/2024 at 12:23 PM, SlienTheCake said:

I agree! The DLC has made a few things easier but it's a stretch to say "Significantly easier". All those new changes help the player indeed and like it might save you 100 hours out of let's say a total of 600 hours!  And we're talking about a 600-hour plat that can technically be done in 10 hours because you'll be spending all this time learning the game lol. Nothing significant here and any players earn the platinum after the DLC launched should be proud of earning it.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MohandGamer7 said:

I agree! The DLC has made a few things easier but it's a stretch to say "Significantly easier". All those new changes help the player indeed and like it might save you 100 hours out of let's say a total of 600 hours!  And we're talking about a 600-hour plat that can technically be done in 10 hours because you'll be spending all this time learning the game lol. Nothing significant here and any players earn the platinum after the DLC launched should be proud of earning it.

Probably best to wait till these bugs get solved first would be horrible doing an Aria low% with no music or any of other bugs just happen to appear during the run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MohandGamer7 said:

Makes it from a 10.5/10 to a more doable 10/10 haha.

• Haha 3

On 3/23/2024 at 11:23 AM, SlienTheCake said:

So you wanna say i get this plat in maximum 49 tries? Sounds not that bad tbh

7 hours ago, norwin2000 said:

Well with experience the game is super easy, the only difficult part is getting RNG to be on your side, especially when doing low% runs as you can't take many hits already plus stuck with one damage and no armour at all. The synchrony zooming out is so useful, you can see enemies from quite far away without actually aggroing them. Someone has completed the game in like 10 hours on steam the fastest time you can possibly get is about 3 to 4 hours most of the time will be drained by the all characters mode then you have to be lucky to find the three green bats.

imo the changes with synchrony dlc for low% runs barely helps tbh i dont usually throw the spear (for boss, i prefer to use the bomb with king konga), lots of enemies can kill monk with 1 or 2 hits even with that extra heart, the increase fov cant really be useful as you are unable to get any torch, more chances to have traps spawn for dove but also there new enemies and spiked walls to deal with which can lose hp if u dig them. this game still doesnt get no where less than 10/10 difficulty, actually for me its the only game that i know of that deserves more than 10/10 even with those changes of the dlc but yes its preferable to have it enabled

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RextoR_XP said:

imo the changes with synchrony dlc for low% runs barely helps tbh i dont usually throw the spear (for boss, i prefer to use the bomb with king konga), lots of enemies can kill monk with 1 or 2 hits even with that extra heart, the increase fov cant really be useful as you are unable to get any torch, more chances to have traps spawn for dove but also there new enemies and spiked walls to deal with which can lose hp if u dig them. this game still doesnt get no where less than 10/10 difficulty, actually for me its the only game that i know of that deserves more than 10/10 even with those changes of the dlc but yes its preferable to have it enabled

Still, those small changes makes this platinum a little more doable. This game is programmed in a way without much explaining in the tutorial so new players are missing out a lot of important stuff plus will most likely lose runs till they understand this forgotten information that the tutorial didn't even showcase, now if you know all the tricks and secrets this game goes down a lot for the difficult. And at that point, the only thing really stopping you is literally luck itself.

On 3/28/2024 at 2:02 PM, Yukiko Miyamoto said:

Well with experience the game is super easy, the only difficult part is getting RNG to be on your side, especially when doing low% runs as you can't take many hits already plus stuck with one damage and no armour at all. The synchrony zooming out is so useful, you can see enemies from quite far away without actually aggroing them. Someone has completed the game in like 10 hours on steam the fastest time you can possibly get is about 3 to 4 hours most of the time will be drained by the all characters mode then you have to be lucky to find the three green bats.

Yeah well 10 hours on a new account doesnt count. The fastest here are almost one year thats why its hard to believe under 50 tries and you got plat. Do you mean with experience 20 tries or do you mean already played for 1000 hour and playing on a fresh account?

1 hour ago, norwin2000 said:

Yeah well 10 hours on a new account doesnt count. The fastest here are almost one year thats why its hard to believe under 50 tries and you got plat. Do you mean with experience 20 tries or do you mean already played for 1000 hour and playing on a fresh account?

They already had a lot of experience in the game, the all characters mode already always takes an hour to complete while if you are doing the DLC two or three more hours on top of that so it's not possible at all completing the game in one to two hours three hours is cutting close but since this game is short it could be possible. Green bats are also a pain to encounter, took the dude hours to find three, so unless you find them very easily, three hours isn't really doable. They have their vods on twitch and YouTube if you want to see it for yourself. This was on steam, but this could easily be replicated on console too just plug in a keyboard, very surprised no one has done it yet or even tried beating the fastest achievements record. Now if you are complete newbie this game is not possible at all in that amount of time yes it's very short but most likely lose some good runs because of the lack of logic and knowledge you know about the game the tutorial misses a lot of key details in the game which you must find and probably die to, to even understand.

On 3/28/2024 at 6:46 AM, norwin2000 said:

The "50 Playthroughs" you see on the guide is just a placeholder I feel like or at least an arbitrary number. I'd say there is no clear definition of what a playthrough is in the game. It could be a specific character run, it could be an all character run, it could be a single zone run just to get a very specific trophy; it doesn't really matter. What matters most is the playtime and difficulty. You won't get it in 49 tries, you may get it in 490 tries.

12 hours ago, SlienTheCake said:

The "50 Playthroughs" you see on the guide is just a placeholder I feel like or at least an arbitrary number. I'd say there is no clear definition of what a playthrough is in the game. It could be a specific character run, it could be an all character run, it could be a single zone run just to get a very specific trophy; it doesn't really matter. What matters most is the playtime and difficulty. You won't get it in 49 tries, you may get it in 490 tries.

I guess i misunderstood you since you said i dont need 50 tries. So i assumed it would be doable in less.

10 hours ago, norwin2000 said:

I guess i misunderstood you since you said i dont need 50 tries. So i assumed it would be doable in less.

Actually I didn't make what I meant clear. When I said " you don't need 1000 hours to beat it nor 50 playthroughs" I meant it as the numbers the guide chose are not that accurate. You need less than 1000 hours I'd say and it's also hard to tell how many "playthroughs" you need because this game doesn't really work in playthroughs.

My rating would be:

for new players

10/10 Difficulty

600 Hours

5000 Playthroughs

for experts

6/10 Difficulty

20 Hours

10 Playthroughs

An "expert" here is not someone who is naturally gifted at gaming, it's someone who has already mastered NecroDancer and just wants to get the platinum a second time for fun. Obviously these numbers won't be the same for everyone. I think if I tried to get the platinum again it'd take me 50-100 hours because I'm rusty. Also for the expert rating I'm ignoring the green bats trophy which is solely RNG.

Edited by SlienTheCake
  • Like 3